Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3804960 - 07/04/13 03:33 PM Just Bought the ARMA bundle on GOG.com. What Mods do I need?  
gallycadet Offline
gallycadet  Offline

New Mexico
So I just bought the ARMA bundle on GOG.com. I haven't played since ARMA: Cold war assault was known as Operation Flashpoint (Old computer couldn't handle it.) What are good mods, campaigns (or even just websites to look for these things) to have? I've heard ARMA 1 was rubbish in comparison to ARMA II, the campaign is buggy, and that I can safely skip it and go to ARMA II. Thoughts? I will probably only play single-player. Being deaf makes team communication kind of hard...

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3804969 - 07/04/13 03:51 PM Re: Just Bought the ARMA bundle on GOG.com. What Mods do I need? [Re: gallycadet]  
Meatsheild Offline
Arma3 guy!
Meatsheild  Offline
Arma3 guy!

Peoples Republic of Yorkshire
for single player its pretty much your choice! The only "must have!" ones i'd recommend are:-

CBA, as a lot of mods require it = http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA
STHUD, helps tons! = http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936&highlight=SHACKTAC%2BHUD
TrueMods, cos the arma2 green is horrid! = http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12715

Heres "the" website for arma mods http://www.armaholic.com/

have fun smile

SimHQ Arma3 sessions, weekly semi-serious co-op action for all ages and skills! check the forum sticky for more info!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3732626/SimHQ_Arma3_Sessions,_who,_wha#Post3732626

All spelling errors are included free of charge and courtesy of a broken spell checker!
#3806047 - 07/07/13 05:50 AM Re: Just Bought the ARMA bundle on GOG.com. What Mods do I need? [Re: gallycadet]  
gallycadet Offline
gallycadet  Offline

New Mexico
Thank you!

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
#3807150 - 07/09/13 10:09 PM Re: Just Bought the ARMA bundle on GOG.com. What Mods do I need? [Re: gallycadet]  
gallycadet Offline
gallycadet  Offline

New Mexico
I'd just like to say that if anyone is considering buying this from GOG.com... DON'T. Their version is messed up because they use their own launcher. It took me two days, two installs and massive amounts of frustration to figure out that their launcher causes most of the problems you encounter by trying to add addons. Additionally their registry keys are wrong and include an extra backslash.. Any program that requires me to edit its registry values right out of the box, I have a problem with... Now, to go see if I can find some good campaigns and addons that enhance the single player.

#3808782 - 07/13/13 03:09 AM Re: Just Bought the ARMA bundle on GOG.com. What Mods do I need? [Re: gallycadet]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

I also purchased the Arma package from Gog. Using my experience with other games with mods and patches what I have done to install new addons like the the BW mod, CBA mod, ACE and some of the user-made maps Duala etc is to copy and paste the all the PBO and BISIGN files from whichever mod or addon/map into the Expansion/Addons folder of Arma II C.Ops main game directory for example and it works fine without crashes for me.

To avoid potential problems I have made a copy of my games on an external hard disk which I use for experimenting new mods/addons thus if I avoid screwing up my main installation. So far in 3 weeks installing new mods/addons I haven't experienced any issues.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.