Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3807232 - 07/10/13 12:52 AM Re: Last of Us [Re: godzilla1985]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Well I have made it to the Eastern Colorado State University and what a game LoU has been so far. I probably play a lot slower then most (which drives my 22yr old COD playing son crazy hahaha ) but I like to explore everything and everywhere I can. I was surprised at the amount of weapons and ammo that can be found, while not as much as L4D there's still quite a bit laying around even after 20 years since the outbreak. Surprising enough I prefer the stealth kills more then the gunplay, I've gotten pretty good being sneaky and using the shive biggrin . Keep a sharp eye out for tool boxes that have tools in them as they level up your ability on how much you can improve your weapons. Keep a sharp eye for manuals too as they can increase your abilities in making health packs, sharpened weapons, melee weapons and lots of other stuff.

The two hardest parts of the game for me so far (where I used up a few lives) was in the skyscraper when you have to singlehanded take out several runners and a couple clickers. Stealth kills, distractions (like throwing bottles and bricks) and knowing when to strike seem to be the keys here to getting through this stage without using a ton of lives. I found out the hard way that rushing in and too much hesitation when attacking will get you killed quick. Find a good hiding spot, listen and listen some more and when you decide to attack don't screw around, attack and get back to a good hiding spot. It takes awhile but if your patient and don't second guess when you decide to attack it works.

The other problem area I had was that damn refrigerator trap that Joel's buddy Bill set up in Lincoln. I could manage the runners okay but that damn clicker nailed me every single time. Finally figured out to reload the revolver before you even think about taking any shot at him. Unless you get lucky and score a headshot with your first round, which my son did cuss. He said it was skill, but I think he just got lucky biggrin Of what I have seen so far of LoU this refrigerator trap was probably the only part of the game I personally really did not care for. No matter what weapon you select (or were using) before the trap is sprung the revolver is what your going to get to use. If I would have known that before hand I would have gave priority to upgrading the revolver (like faster reloading) as much as possible before hand. Plus hanging upside down and a slight swinging from side to side don't help matters. I will admit I really suck using game controllers, especially the thumb sticks, now put a keyboard and mouse in front of me... hahaha .
cheers

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3807358 - 07/10/13 11:41 AM Re: Last of Us [Re: godzilla1985]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
haven't read any post about it since release, but I got it...and haven't even started it yet, lol... no time... but eventually.

#3807507 - 07/10/13 05:22 PM Re: Last of Us [Re: godzilla1985]  
tahoman Offline
tahoman  Offline

Spanaway, WA
I've played through it twice already so far. I love the Uncharted series, but I think LoU blows any of the 3 Uncharteds away, in both gameplay and story-telling. I would love to see a LoU 2, with a further journey down the I-80 corridor (Reno-Sacramento-Frisco ?), maybe with the Fireflies hot on their trail...

#3807761 - 07/10/13 10:12 PM Re: Last of Us [Re: godzilla1985]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I take it pretty slow with these games too. I just got the part where me and ellie are in the truck and get ambushed while listening to Hank Williams SR.

Damn clickers scare me and the sound they make annoys the snot out of me. I neeeeeeed that upgrade that lets me shiv one after a failed melee when they grab you. I get killed too often by them because I forget you can't go hand to hand with them.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3807844 - 07/11/13 02:27 AM Re: Last of Us [Re: godzilla1985]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
I know there was a sharpened weapons manual in Lincoln (got that one) and there is another (and some other goodies) in the hotel safe in Pittsburgh (I missed this one). Supposedly there is a skills upgrade available for 75 points that will let shiv a clicker when they grab you. I'm not sure what skill it is but I must have it since I have shived a few clickers after they grabbed me in the sewers chapter. I have dispatched a clicker or two by hitting them with a bottle or brick when they charged me and while they are stunned bashing them to death with a melee weapon. Your bow and arrows will dispatch a clicker pretty good if they don't spot you. Molotov's work really good when there's several clickers around. When the first one starts to burn they cause so much racket the other clickers charge's in and they light up too hahaha
cheers

#3808295 - 07/12/13 01:39 AM Re: Last of Us [Re: tahoman]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Originally Posted By: tahoman
I've played through it twice already so far. I love the Uncharted series, but I think LoU blows any of the 3 Uncharteds away, in both gameplay and story-telling. I would love to see a LoU 2, with a further journey down the I-80 corridor (Reno-Sacramento-Frisco ?), maybe with the Fireflies hot on their trail...

Twice already? Holy crap! hahaha

I have to admit I did see the ending (thanks to my run and gun son mad ), but at least I didn't see anything between Colorado and California. Considering Dead Island got a sequel and IMHO LoU is twice the game Dead Island was I can see a LoU 2 in the cards.
cheers

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.