Releasedate XX June 2013

Affected addons:

dayz_anim
dayz_code
dayz_communityassets
dayz_sfx

Serverside affected addons:

dayz_server (server admins only)
Mission (server admins only) (Prerequisites) Downloaded from http://www.silentspy...sion-generator/
SQL Files (server admins only)
BattlEye-Filters (server admins only)

Changes:

* [NEW] - Removed annoying "re-arm" option from actions menu.
* [NEW] - Models and textures for mutton.
* [NEW] - Separate meat for goats, same blood regen as mutton.
* [NEW] - Can now combine magazines.
* [NEW] - Added new loot & loot table for church.
* [NEW] - Added new food and drink items (only found in supermarkets).
* [NEW] - Added model for a dropped map and watch.
* [NEW] - Weapon MakarovSD (Military and Military Special).
* [NEW] - Weapon RPK_74 (Mi8 Helicrash).
* [NEW] - Vehicle damage displayed in percent (With a Toolbox).
* [NEW] - 5L Fuel can takes 1 inv slot.
* [NEW] - Added auth retry system to make sure clients are auth'ed before they spawn (should stop seagull issue).
* [NEW] - Added force end mission for players joining with wrong version/failed auth. (Will replace timeout later).
* [NEW] - Mi8 crash site model.
* [NEW] - 2 New background tracks.
* [NEW] - 6 New "Viral" zeds - They are harder to kill, they do more damage, and they have a higher chance of causing an infection... be afraid. (Headshot will kill in one shot)
* [NEW] - Added optional watermark for servername (Server admins can choose to enable/disable. (See Mission prerequisites)). Shows servername in the bottom right of screen max 6 letters.
* [NEW] - "Sleep" at tents changed to "Rest".
* [NEW] - Remote exec security. Should prevent all major RE exploits
* [NEW] - Clear Ground around loot at crash sites added but disabled by default, server admins can enable. Adds a small circle around each loot pile http://i.imgur.com/uVDfGym.jpg
* [NEW] - Vehicles and tents now report free gear slots. Example: Old Camping Tent (weapons/others/backpacks). http://ziellos2k.net...17141327522.png
* [NEW] - Weapons spawns now have a chance to spawn with 0 mags up to a max of 2.
* [NEW] - Melee weapons can now be dropped and picked up using the normal a2 system. (This means you can now store in backpack and tents, without swapping to toolbelt) No need to take itemslots.
* [NEW] - New starting gear added. Guaranteed Start Items: ("ItemBandage","HandRoadFlare") + 1 RandomStartItem: ("ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller").
??????????????????????????* [NEW] - Servers date has been locked to give full moon nights.
* [NEW] - Zeds hitting through Walls/Buildings should now be fixed.
* [NEW] - Mainmenu Intro.
* [NEW] - 2 new stash sites. (tools required = Etool or Shovel. Items required = 1 sandbog for small, 2 sandbags for medium)
Small Stash = 12 object slots, 0 Weapon, 0 bags. http://i.imgur.com/b9cRA2i.jpg
Medium Stash = 25 object slots, 1 Weapon, 0 bags. http://i.imgur.com/FkHR6xX.jpg
* [NEW] - Infected survivor camps. Three types (small).
* [NEW] - FPS Monitor this will dynamicly change how/total amount of zeds/loot/trash is spawning to keep the players base fps up.
* [NEW] - 1 New Melee weapon (Baseball Bat). http://i.imgur.com/ttWt4PJ.jpg
* [NEW] - Wild Spawning of zeds has been redone and readded.
* [NEW] - Zed Spawning fully updated to spawn outside the players field of view. (Excludes Infected camps, due to trigger zones being tested).
* [NEW] - Zeds can now tackle players to the ground when attacked.
* [NEW] - Epeen UI has now been updated and renamed journal.
* [NEW] - Blood from food and transfusions will now generate over time (no longer instant).
* [NEW] - All food types now have a diminishing effect so the more you try and eat at once, the less blood you will get in return.
* [NEW] - Blood UI updated to indicate the player's blood loss / gain rate and will also indicate when you're sick (infected).
* [NEW] - Bloodbags will no longer transfer 12000 blood instantly, it's now done over 12 seconds (1000 blood per second). If the medic breaks away from the transfusion animation or the recipient moves out of range, the transfer stops and the remaining amount is lost along with the bloodbag in use.

* [FIXED] - Vehicle repair should now work correctly.
* [FIXED] - Humanity skin change can now change during gameplay in all directions. (No longer have to die/logout to change from hero to normal to bandit and vice versa)
* [FIXED] - StudyBody should now work. (Describing wounds accurately)
* [FIXED] - Crashsite loot should now spawn correctly for all types of Crash model.
* [FIXED] - Hero Skin teleport issue.
* [FIXED] - BAF Bags so they don't set on fire. :-) (no moaning it was a bug)
* [FIXED] - Updated timeout timer from 40 secs to 60 secs, Should allow lower end systems to keep up. (Something went wrong, please disconnect and try again!)
* [FIXED] - Zeds spawning underground.
* [FIXED] - Loot spawning underground.
* [FIXED] - Melee weapons having no ammo on login/skin change. (Open close gear menu will always reset ammo count to 10000)
* [FIXED] - Loot Spawns have now been fully resolved. Buildings are now tagged and will not spawn any new loot for 15 minutes.
* [FIXED] - Loot Cleanup has now been fully resolved. Old loot piles will now be cleaned every 60 minutes and no players within 250 meters(WIP). (Server performance boost)
* [FIXED] - Gear menu exploit to force respawn.
* [FIXED] - Optimized some destruction effects for security and performance.
* [FIXED] - Unconscious damage scale to only happen if hit by zeds. (reduces damage while unconscious)
* [FIXED] - Dayz Date/Time public var will now end mission on failed attempt.
* [FIXED] - Can no longer break legs by anything other than players/zeds/falling/getting out of moving vehicle.
* [FIXED] - A lot of dupeing issues should now be resolved.
* [FIXED] - Most wallhack exploits should now be resolved.

* [UPDATED] - Zed sight limited to 100 meters.
* [UPDATED] - Updated rabbit to drop 2 raw food items. Lowered hp gain to Raw - 200 each / Cooked - 1000 each.
* [UPDATED] - Updated chicken - hp gain. Raw - 200 each / Cooked - 1000 each.
* [UPDATED] - Moved anti teleport system to mission. Server admins can choose to enable/disable. (See prerequisites)
* [UPDATED] - ALL loot table weights have been updated.
* [UPDATED] - ALL loot table weights have been rebalanced.
* [UPDATED] - Updated Czech, German, Spanish, French and Russian stringtable.
* [UPDATED] - Mac and 1911 Pistol dmg updated.
* [UPDATED] - CrashSite Loot should now represent each type of model more. (("MilitaryWEST","HeliCrashWEST") Two new crash site loot tables)
* [UPDATED] - Re-added the "save" option to tents and vehicles. This is a fail-safe option, not required. (Due to a small amount of servers reporting issues with tents saving. With no info for us to recreate we re-added this option to save tents/vehicles)
* [UPDATED] - Zed generate system. has now been fully rewrote should stop zeds spawning in view of players then being deleted.
* [UPDATED] - Zeds overall dmg has been updated per hit/per zed (Old Type: Max possible dmg = body 600, Legs 100, Hands 50, Head 1200 New Type: Body 1200, Head 2400)
* [UPDATED] - Bleed from zed attacks will now only happen if the initial dmg is above 0.7 or the zed gives a head shot. (should reduce the amount of bandages needed)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds knocking players unconscious now has a 50/50 chance if damage multiplier is above > 0.8
* [UPDATED] - When unconscious all damage is reduced to 50 blood for each hit zeds do no matter the part they hit. (Should allow some survivability)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds sight and sound chance has been re-added so there is a chance they can ignore you.
* [UPDATED] - Sight and sound rebalanced to make them a little more even from movement.
* [UPDATED] - Call extension calls for vehicle damage.
* [UPDATED] - Zeds will no longer spawn for air vehicles.
* [UPDATED] - Hunters loot table adjusted with more weapons.
* [UPDATED] - SQL files working on Linux.
* [UPDATED] - Add crawl animation damage. Players will now take dmg from crawling zeds.
* [UPDATED] - Updated zed speed to default.
* [UPDATED] - Melee systems updated.
* [UPDATED] - Old Bandit skin for male characters.
* [UPDATED] - Lowered action sound for refuel from 10 meters to 5.
* [UPDATED] - Lowered Direct comms action sound.
* [UPDATED] - Vehicle damage syncs updated to reduce call extension spam.
* [UPDATED] - Lowered Transfusion infection rate.
* [UPDATED] - Quiver acts as a quiver, you now have to take an arrow out of the quiver.
* [UPDATED] - You can now only have 1 useable quiver in your main inventory and unlimited in your backpack.
* [UPDATED] - Melee range has been updated.
* [UPDATED] - HMMWV Cargo updated. (10 weapons, 50 slots and 2 backpack)
* [UPDATED] - AH6 & MH6 Cargo updated. (AH6 3 weapons, 30 slots and 2 backpacks) (MH6J 3 weapons, 20 slots and 3 backpacks)
* [UPDATED] - Fire Places will no longer act as storage systems.
* [UPDATED] - Fireplace can now only be lit once without adding new wood inside the fireplace.
* [UPDATED] - Fireplace can no longer be picked up after lighting.
* [UPDATED] - Vehicles speeds HMMWV, PBX and UAZ - Faster / ATV's - Slower
* [UPDATED] - Tanktraps, sandbags and razor-wires won't spawn in buildings. Tents will always spawn in a safe place.
* [UPDATED] - Up to +/-2000 Humanity gain/loss according to "humanKills" counter from killed character.
* [UPDATED] - Refuel now locks the player in place for the time to fill.
* [UPDATED] - More lootable buildings (Iron barn, car wrecks, several non enterable buildings...)
* [UPDATED] - 2 Chopper crash sites spawn on server start + 2-3 infected Camps.
* [UPDATED] - Sickness(Infection) can now cause death.

* [REMOVED] - M107 and AS50(Banned) from all loot tables and removed all damage from bullets so they do 0 damage even if spawned in.

The changelog.........

and the actual forum thread for additional details here http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103845-177-rolling-changelog/

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3794586 - 06/10/13 10:24 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
DarKcyde Offline
DarKcyde  Offline

Holy cow that fixes a lot of old bugs and annoyances. Question is, is the game any fun now days?

#3794610 - 06/10/13 11:20 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
marsvb Offline
marsvb  Offline

united states
Well at least the .50 cals are gone .................. :}

#3794613 - 06/10/13 11:24 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline
HitchHikingFlatlander  Offline

California
Fun yes but you still encounter the random hacker, unless you play on a whitelisted server like BMRF, unfortunately those servers are very PVP oriented. Expect to get shot on the coast a lot or anywhere that has decent loot......

The BMRF servers are pretty neat though since they've added some small additions to the map that feel right and are server-sided (nothing to download).

#3794622 - 06/10/13 11:33 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

What is your BMRF handel HHFL? I play on #2 as Master <AGW>

#3794662 - 06/11/13 01:11 AM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  

California
Hitch, I used to use the same as my forum name but some servers gave me cr@p since my name was so long....

I generally go by HitchHikingFlatlander or Hitch though in all games I play (99.9% of the time).

#3794979 - 06/11/13 05:00 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Laniakea_aka_Jeff Offline
Laniakea_aka_Jeff  Offline

HI
1.7.7 is now out on DayZ Commander. I'm sure the servers will be updating throughout the day.

#3795189 - 06/11/13 09:49 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  

California
Wow, didn't expect it until after E3 since the DayZ guys were saying the people to make it happen were already on the plane. Looking forward to testing this out.

The BMRF servers were going to wipe the hives with this update so if you have a character over there be advised. I don't believe the origins/wasteland servers were going to be affected though. The wipe is really good for those servers since they had a quite a few established players and groups.

#3795940 - 06/13/13 02:45 AM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Folks at reddit are complaining on the significantly elevated hardcore gameplay with 1.7.7

I guess everyone had been used to zeds being the pushover they were in 1.7.6

#3796021 - 06/13/13 09:36 AM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Yesterday I loaded up DayZ for the 1st time after a long break, latest version. Dropped all my gear in a supermarket (FAL, Bizon SD, night vision, GPS, the whole shebang) and announced it in chat, then committed suicide to start new. biggrin
I spawned near the Balota AF (funny how I still know the map by heart after a break of several months) and went in for a little peek. There were something like 20+ Zs roaming around, the whole area was totally swamped with Zs! Sneaking in didn't work very well. The end came quickly. Nasty.

2nd try:

Started near Solnichnyi. Zs everywhere. Crawled around but somehow got spotted by a Z. Ran off into a building and found a Winchester! A horde of Zs started entering the house, after 15 dead Zs I was out of ammo and still at least 20 were INSIDE the building with me. This is...brutal.

3rd try:

started again on the east coast and slowly made my way towards Berezino. Loads of Zs everywhere. Found no weapons. A bit of food. Finally found a CZ500. But no ammo. Made it to the Berezino supermarket and found a larger bagpack and some food. Still no ammo. Crawled around when spotted by a Z. Ran into an appartment building and hid. Found nothing. Tried to sneak into another appartment building and was again spotted by Zs. Cowered into a room when a dozen+ Zs entered...

Last edited by Para_Bellum; 06/13/13 10:43 AM.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3797628 - 06/16/13 05:37 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
shadowwarrior99 Offline
shadowwarrior99  Offline

It is all but impossible to play now. The zombies are crazy, and way way way way too many spawn. I have trouble crossing a field.

There are still some bugs, if you pop a zed at night with an M9 SD, all of them aggro.

It has killed dayZ for me so I stick to Origins now.

#3797633 - 06/16/13 06:02 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Why dont these people playtest these patches before they release them. The game has been broken for over a week with absolutely no movement to get it fixed. If E3 was going to be such a problem with people missing out of the pipeline then why release a major patch during that time. These people are idiotic.

#3797643 - 06/16/13 06:20 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  

California
The funny thing is that they do playtest them but they still come out with bugs. The quality control has gone way down since Rocket turned it over to the community. I can't say I blame either side since Rocket has to focus on the Standalone.

#3797668 - 06/16/13 07:32 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
ataribaby Offline
ataribaby  Offline

Liberec, Czech Republic
I think its cos Mr. Dean as he wants approve every alpha patch release himself. Other than bugs 1.7.7 is very good IMHO and returned into original hardcore mood of beginning of Dayz.

#3797669 - 06/16/13 07:34 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
ataribaby Offline
ataribaby  Offline

Liberec, Czech Republic
Yes there is night LOS bug. Personaly I love harder zeds. They are real problem now and not just props. Also love zeds in woods. You need to be on alert all time.

#3797701 - 06/16/13 09:31 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  

California
Really need to give the new version a try, been busy with life and playing regular Arma 2 when I have the time the last week or so, needed a change from DayZ. But plan to get back on the BMRF servers and giving it a whirl.

#3797813 - 06/17/13 03:56 AM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
I think many folks are still somewhat shell-shocked that the zeds are actually a factor in 1.7.7. whereas they were mere dumbed down background furniture in the previous versions.

For me personally, I rather enjoy 1.7.7 and cannot see myself going back to zed mediocrity of the earlier versions.

Is there a 'LOS bug' ? I thought they merely made the zeds smarter in 1.7.7 so people cannot use the same trick of breaking pursuit by running into a bush or bunch of ferns for LOS exploit. I did give them the shake by running in one building and going out via a different exit.

About the frequent knockdowns,.....not a problem. Just don't run right next to them when they go through attack animations.

There's a great way to practice and getting used to 1.7.7 and that is using Single Player Mode with DaiZy Factions 1.7.7 (see my other thread). They have done a great job with DaiZy Single Player and updates and bug fixes continue to roll in hot and heavy.

Once you get comfortable over a few sessions on DaiZY, the 1.7.7 environment is enjoyable. A better challenge but not remotely impossible as most people say it is.

#3797876 - 06/17/13 09:51 AM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
After quite a few hours with 1.7.7 I have to say I like it. Just tone down the infection and/or make it curable with stuff besides antibiotics (or increase the spawn rate for antibiotics) and I'm happy.

Feels a lot more like a zombie survival game again rather than deathmatch with some NPCs in the background.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3797930 - 06/17/13 01:33 PM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

You can rest at a tent to cure infection.

My problem is the item spawning has been cut so badly that if you have a group of 5-8 people they cant survive together anymore since not enough food spawns.

#3798684 - 06/19/13 12:18 AM Re: Update 1.7.7 Almost here,,,,,,,,,, [Re: Master]  
Reschke Offline
Plankowner
Reschke  Offline
Plankowner

Vestavia, AL
Originally Posted By: Master
My problem is the item spawning has been cut so badly that if you have a group of 5-8 people they cant survive together anymore since not enough food spawns.

I think that might be done on purpose. At one point our group here consisted of at least 12-15 guys playing on a server with groups that numbered in similar size. We had plenty of everything and it was not a problem to raid others that had similar camps with plenty of everything as well.

Star Citizen Referal Code
STAR-MP6J-VFH7

i7-13700K @ 3.40GHz
32GB RAM
GeForce 3060RTX
MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
lots of SSD's and a good old fashioned 1TB HDD
Samsung G9 Odyssey 49"
TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro
Windows 11 64bit
Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.