Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#3788510 - 05/28/13 07:19 AM DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods ***  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
DaiZy SINGLE-PLAYER INSTALL GUIDE

This is an install guide for DaiZySingleplayer using the Boxed-DVD version of Arma2 Combined Operations (Arma2 + Arma2 Operation Arrowhead).

For the Steam version, kindly refer to Astocky’s video tutorial here :-

Unless otherwise stated, the default Arma2 install directory for this guide is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

I am sure many people have patched Arma2 manually. Personally, I found it a whole lot easier to let DayZ Commander keep track, download and update all the necessary files. It is a solid program with negligible footprint on your PC and there is less likelihood of messing things up. Still, some folks (especially those who do not play DayZ) avoid it altogether. I don’t know why. Even if you are not playing DayZ, the Commander program can be used to handle all the updates for Arma2.

If the images appear too small on this page, just open its url in a new tab. Reload the image url and you will be redirected to photobucket where you can enlarge the image to its original (larger) size

This guide relies heavily on DayZ Commander.

1. Install Arma 2 Combined Operations

2. Install DayZ Commander (http://www.dayzcommander.com/)

3. Setting up DayZ Commander :-

4. Updating Arma2 and DayZ to the latest patch using DayZ Commander :-

5. Installing the DaiZySinglePlayer Factions 2.6.1 Files :-

In order to download the DaiZySinglePlayer Files go to the Kodabar Forums (http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-...ases-f1086.html)

DaiZySinglePlayer comes in many flavors. The most popular DaiZySinglePlayer mods currently are DaiZy Factions Chernarus; DaiZy Factions Namalsk; DaiZy Breaking Point and DaiZy Factions 2017. In our example, we will be installing DaiZy1.7.7.1 Chernarus Factions 2.6.1 [Released on 3rd July 2013] (http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-...TED-td8540.html) :-

Go back to the DaiZy Factions SinglePlayer files that you downloaded from the Kodabar Forums. There should be two (2) zip archives named ‘DaiZy Factions 1.7.7.1.zip’ and ‘DaiZy1.7.7.1 – Optional Files.zip’

Unzip the contents of ‘DaiZy Factions 1.7.7.1.zip’ somewhere. The contents are two folders called ‘Addons’ and ‘Missions’. Open the ‘Addons’ folder.

Move (Cut & Paste) all the files within to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ @DaiZyFACTIONS_2.6.1\Addons. In other words, overwrite all the files inside @DaiZyFACTIONS_2.6.1\Addons

Next, choose a Mission file for DaiZyFactions :-

Two Mission files are from the ‘Missions’ folder inside ‘DaiZy Factions 1.7.7.1.zip’
- A regular version
- A Bandit Edition version (Bandits in the Northern sectors will not engage zeds in an attempt to be sneaky in order to ambush survivors)

Five Mission files are from ‘DaiZy 1.7.7.1 – Optional Files.zip’
- DaiZyFactions2.6.1[Cheats].Chernarus (enable cheats in-game by pressing ‘0’ ‘0’ and choosing the appropriate options in the menu that pops up. For example, 0 0 4 will give you a ‘Magic Box’ that contains all the Arma2 goodies)
- DaiZyFactions2.6.1[Cheats][Bandit Edition].Chernarus
- DaiZyFactions2.6.1[Cheats][NoAI].Chernarus
- DaiZyFactions2.6.1[NoAI].Chernarus
- dayz_code(multi) (I think this is suppose to be for lan games although I never try it. Not sure how it works or how to use it)

Once you have selected your Mission file, move it to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions

6. Creating a shortcut to launch DaiZySinglePlayer :-

=================================================================================

This concludes the basic install for DaiZy SinglePlayer.

However, the gameplay experience will be richer and more immersive if you augment the basic mod with AI and environment enhancements from the excellent CoWar and JSRS mods.

Coming up soon are the supplemental guide to install and run CoWar & JSRS mods with your DaiZy SinglePlayer

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3788514 - 05/28/13 08:01 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Interesting. Thanks for posting the info Harry. Let us know what you think about it after trying singleplayer.

#3789180 - 05/29/13 04:17 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Just installed DaiZy Factions and put in about 2 hours worth tonight.

Yow! It's excellent. What a great training tool. Exactly like DayZ but singleplayer with enhanced features such as base building and challenging AI opponents. The zed hordes are all there. Spawned in on the quiet coast and thought it all a bit serene until I ran to Electro and smack in the middle of a bunch of AIs shooting zeds and each other. Still haven't met any Survivors that I can recruit (though that is indeed a feature of this mod).

Pretty exciting firefights. Got buzzed by an AI chopper. I died a few times but my last character is still alive and gucci up with gear from bandits that I killed.

And you can save and reload your progress as much many times as you like.

What's not to like. Hone your gun skills to a razor sharp edge for the Public hives and standalone

#3789251 - 05/29/13 06:17 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Cool! It looks like an excellent training tool. I'll download it and get it installed. Thanks for the feedback Harry.

thumbsup

#3789509 - 05/30/13 05:37 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Installed the singleplayer mod per your instructions and checking it out now ...

#3789513 - 05/30/13 05:45 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Looking good Harry. I spawned in Solnichniy and had a bandit shooting at me in the first 5 minutes. I'm going to play for a bit. Back later with my initial impressions.

#3789548 - 05/30/13 10:16 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I had a blast with this tonight. I picked up a military offroad vehicle with a .50 cal mounted on it in Cherno. Outside of Zelenogorsk a AI chopper spotted me as I was crossing an open field. He was tearing me apart on open ground so I drove into a nearby woods. After a few passes I took the heli down with the .50 cal. So cool! The zeds from Zelenogorsk made their way up to the wreckage looking for a charbroiled meal. After clearing the horde I checked the wreckage for loot, but there was nothing.

I killed a few bandits, one I ran down with the jeep. They usually have good gear on them. I killed an AI survivor in Cherno that I could have recruited, but I wasn't sure what the bandits looked like at that point. The bandits have all been dressed in Ghillie suits so far. Giving yourself a blood bag takes more time than in MP games, so you want to be clear of any trouble before you administer blood. I got within a klick of the SW barracks at the NWA and a bandit started shooting close by. He crossed the field in front of me and went prone. I tried to run him over with the jeep, but I wasn't so lucky this time. I should have stopped the jeep and used the .50 cal on him. Lesson learned, save the game!

Back to the beach.

#3789590 - 05/30/13 01:16 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
That is way cool !

I have not progress beyond the initial 2 hours I put into the game because the wife was beginning to aggro last night and I had to logged at Elektro but not before taking out a pair of bandits at a hilltop, one of whom was firing an AS550 onto targets at central Elektro.

I have seen bandits in all sorts of clothing. Guys with head scarves with clothing combo of various colors, to ones with the default DayZ camo clothing without headscarves. Huge firefight in the suburbs with bandits shooting each other and zeds running interference. I killed one with my Lee Enfield and and got a Coyote Backpack and 5.56mm SUSAT with 4x scope off him.

I still cannot tell who's a survivor and who's a bandit. I tried approaching an AI in camo clothing and no headscarf and he promptly hose me with lead.

There's a ton of question I want to ask the developer. How to identify a bandit from a survivor ? Is the day/night cycle in realtime and how do I advance to daylight if it is too dark ? Does loot spawn identically to DayZ MP so that I can loot farm a certain area ? etc etc

#3789753 - 05/30/13 06:45 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
If you put your sights on the target, the game will identify it as a survivor if it is. I don't think it does that if the target is an enemy. When I did that last night the survivor did not shoot when he faced me. I recruited him and he followed me, but it turned out to be a PITA. They shoot at everything that moves so it becomes annoying. You could probably micromanage the AI players through the command menu, but it's too much trouble for me.

I have questions too regarding the day/night cycle. It seemed to get dark while playing, but not too dark to play without NVGs. Also, loot spawns seem a little odd because you are the only player entity spawning it. I have to be in an area for awhile before the typical buildings spawn any loot. It's just like playing online after a server restart and you are the first to enter a town or village. The floors are bare for awhile in the buildings that spawn loot. I noticed that when my legs were broken during a firefight you don't have the broken bone icon. You simply cannot stand up and walk. Carry some morphine, blood bags, etc. because nobody is coming to help. The only other option is to revert to a previous save. Save the game often. It's nice to go back to a fully equipped character after you have been killed. Since this is like a training tool, I like that I can try several different tactics without penalty. Die and click revert to a previous save. The online game is one life and I like it that way. It's harsh, but it is more realistic.

I think a vehicle is the way to go in this mod. Nobody is going to steal it from you while your offline and besides transportation, it makes a great mobile storage platform. You don't encounter nearly as many bandits flying down the road as you do on foot. BTW, if you don't like your spawn when starting a new character, just keep clicking restart until you get a spawn you like. There is no sense running for miles when you can spawn at Cherno or Elektro. That exploit was closed in DayZ. Mainly because it bogged down the server with so many people spamming the restart button.

Other than some uniqueness to the singleplayer game, it plays just like DayZ. Good times.
ready

#3789978 - 05/31/13 08:19 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Snakeyes]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Originally Posted By: Snakeyes
If you put your sights on the target, the game will identify it as a survivor if it is. I don't think it does that if the target is an enemy. When I did that last night the survivor did not shoot when he faced me. I recruited him and he followed me, but it turned out to be a PITA. They shoot at everything that moves so it becomes annoying. You could probably micromanage the AI players through the command menu, but it's too much trouble for me.

Ah, so that's how we tell the survivors apart. How close do u have to be to see the id ? I heard you have to be reasonably close, so there's apparently still room for fractricide fire if you are too far for the IFF feature to activate.

Some comments at the forum are that the more survivors you recruit, the better and safer off you are if you run into a bandit squad. I have been doing reasonably well on my own and Lone Wolf play is always more nerve wracking, so I guess I go solitary for a while more.

I have questions too regarding the day/night cycle. It seemed to get dark while playing, but not too dark to play without NVGs.

In an online server, you leave when it is nighttime and log back in hours later when the server reaches the daylight cycle. Obviously not an option with Singleplayer but I think there is a 'Sleep' feature much like the one in Stalker. I'll ask the developers tonight.

Also, loot spawns seem a little odd because you are the only player entity spawning it. I have to be in an area for awhile before the typical buildings spawn any loot. It's just like playing online after a server restart and you are the first to enter a town or village. The floors are bare for awhile in the buildings that spawn loot.

My experience with Factions is that this is consistent with public servers if you happen to be the only player online.

I noticed that when my legs were broken during a firefight you don't have the broken bone icon. You simply cannot stand up and walk.

Read somewhere that this is an ongoing bug. Let me confirm with them tonight.

I think a vehicle is the way to go in this mod. Nobody is going to steal it from you while your offline and besides transportation, it makes a great mobile storage platform. You don't encounter nearly as many bandits flying down the road as you do on foot.

I'm going to build a network of camps all over the map just like I would in mutiplayer and then perhaps a base or two in the most hotly contested zones. And then get a fleet of vehicles repaired and hoarded. Going to be great. Obviously I'm doing this as a dress rehearsal for the Online Play and the Standalone but for a Singleplayer it still has boatloads of excitement and great value practicing gunfights and stalking against things that actually stalk and shoot back....something that is not sufficiently frequent in online DayZ. The other great thing is you can practice bringing down those quick and pesky zeds without worrying about using up all your bullets. Just reload a savegame smile It's a lot of fun challenging yourself to wing them with a Lee Enfield while they are running full tilt in a zig zag. I must say those reticles I made are getting well validated.

BTW, they are working on a future release incorporating DayZ 1.7.7 with ongoing fixes.

#3790103 - 05/31/13 03:02 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Quickcord Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord
Quickcord  Offline
XBL/PSN-Quickcord

Maryland
Just installed this last night and I am enjoying it. Only played it for about an hour but got from the shore into the woods and could hear the faint sound of a huey.
I crested the hill and started scanning and saw the huey flying along the coast. One problem I found when I first started, did anyone else have bandits spawn
within 20 ft of you after about a minute of play? I had this happen twice when starting the game up. The first time I did not know what was going on,
the game froze for a second or two and the next thing I know I am being ventilated. The second time I happened to be looking where the bandit spawned, game
freezes for 2 sec. then a bandit spawns within 10 feet killing me.

Quickcord

NZXT Phantom 630 Case
AMD FX 8350
16GB Corsair Vengence, ASUS Crosshair Formula Z
RX480, Samsung 840 Pro 128 Gig SSD, WD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850w PSU
#3790126 - 05/31/13 03:32 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
The v1.7.7 update for the mod is extensive. I was reading the the changelog on the DayZ forum last night. The day/night cycle in DaiZy FACTIONS seems accelerated. I play for a few hours and it goes from darkness to light or vice versa. The "night time" has had a full moon, so it is easy enough to see. It actually looks more like dusk than dark. I haven't seen another drivable vehicle since Cherno, but I'm sure they are out there. I need to visit the vehicle spawn points for DayZ. I saw a tent at the supermarket and should have picked it up. I did come across a tent that was already set up and I didn't find anything in it. I'm not sure about the range on sighting a target for IFF purposes.

#3790135 - 05/31/13 03:59 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Quickcord]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: Quickcord
Just installed this last night and I am enjoying it. Only played it for about an hour but got from the shore into the woods and could hear the faint sound of a huey.
I crested the hill and started scanning and saw the huey flying along the coast. One problem I found when I first started, did anyone else have bandits spawn
within 20 ft of you after about a minute of play? I had this happen twice when starting the game up. The first time I did not know what was going on,
the game froze for a second or two and the next thing I know I am being ventilated. The second time I happened to be looking where the bandit spawned, game
freezes for 2 sec. then a bandit spawns within 10 feet killing me.

Quickcord

I spawned in once on the beach yesterday and took a short phone call. A bandit had already killed my player before he moved at all. I have not spawned in right next to a bandit and had him start shooting immediately though. One thing I noticed is that your encounters with bandits are frequent. It doesn't matter if you are out in the middle of nowhere either. Pondering that, it may be a good design decision to keep people from getting bored since there is no PVP in the singleplayer game. The enemy AI is quite deadly as we learned from ARMA 2. I see some micro freezes occasionally, but I'm currently running the J.S.R.S sound mod too (uses more resources) on a PC that is 3-4 years old. So I'm not surprised that it isn't silky smooth.

For me DayZ will always be superior because of the MP, sharing the experience with friends and always being on edge expecting the imminent danger of a PVP encounter. But, DaiZy FACTIONS is good in a different way. It is your own personal Chernarus sandbox to play it your way. If you don't like the outcome of a particular sequence, revert to a save game and try something different. As Harry pointed out, it is a great tool for experimenting and learning.

#3790371 - 06/01/13 01:04 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
They really ought to sticky an FAQ at their main thread.

I'm partway trawling through the pages of that thread and found some developer comments that addresses some of your questions with the mod :-

Quote:
ataribaby wrote
Baaah! I got guys! seems bandits. They spawned right in front of me and shot me to the death. Oh well. Maybe you can make new spawns make in some dsitane to player and out of front arc?

Quote:
Haleks wrote
If you're near the sea, there's a chance they do so frown
Above has already done a great work regarding this matter; I'll look at it but I dunno how much more I can do there.

In my experience, this probably does not happen all the time. Thus far I spawned 5 times near the sea, and 5 out of 5 I did not have bandits spawning right in front of me, or near me.

Quote:
Known issues :
- In some occasions, loot inside buildings might take a couple of minutes to spawn.

I think Snakeyes is right. The day/night cycle is accelerated but thus far I also notice the night is full moon and relatively accommodating to those without NVGs. I think making the nights full moon is a wise choice because this is meant as a singleplayer sandbox (but a very good one!) and having pitch dark nights will be very annoying very quickly wihout the multiplayer option of logging on a different time to catch daylight hours.

Has anyone tried out CoWar mod with this ? That is a recommended mod for Factions and enhances the AI so they drive better and don't suck at certain tasks such as flying helos. I haven't encounter AI vehicle patrols but I guess this will be a question of time. They all come with mounted machine guns, probably the same Humvee 50 cal that Snakeyes found.

#3790378 - 06/01/13 01:27 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Snakeyes]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
I haven't seen another drivable vehicle since Cherno, but I'm sure they are out there. I need to visit the vehicle spawn points for DayZ.

They are indeed out there. I came across a blue S103 van along the coast. Also found a Huey in downtown Elektro but didn't have time to clamber aboard to get the engine spooled up, because there was a big firefight all around me at the time. I'll go back to it once things calm down

#3790473 - 06/01/13 11:38 AM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I read in the thread for the DaiZy mod that there were some problems with the CoWar mod. Apparently the AI were crashing vehicles with a high frequency, so I didn't install it. Scan the thread for clarification because I can't recall specifically what was said.

#3790482 - 06/01/13 12:39 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Snakeyes]  
Haleks Offline
Haleks  Offline

I read in the thread for the DaiZy mod that there were some problems with the CoWar mod. Apparently the AI were crashing vehicles with a high frequency, so I didn't install it. Scan the thread for clarification because I can't recall specifically what was said.

It is actually the other way around : the AI will crash their vehicles pretty fast if you don't use CoWarmod. It especially enhances lifetime expectancy for choppers (you will wanna look for this pbo : "ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior_AI_C_PvPscene").
I'm afraid there's nothing to be done regarding NPC's driving cars though... It seems that the roadblocks generated by the dayz_code confuse them.

The mod will be updated soon and those patroling cars will be removed since they're quite useless and make it too easy to get your hands on a car with a mounted gun (they're supposed to be hard to find).

Don't hesitate to visit us on the forum if you have any questions or suggestions!

#3790514 - 06/01/13 02:33 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Snakeyes]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
I noticed that when my legs were broken during a firefight you don't have the broken bone icon. You simply cannot stand up and walk. Carry some morphine, blood bags, etc. because nobody is coming to help.

heh...you and me, way too keen on getting down and dirty with the mod that we forget to read the Factions changelog :-

Quote:
05/28/13 : Updated to v1.8
- Removed the broken leg icon : being healed by a medic survivor would break it; besides it's not 100% needed.

#3790516 - 06/01/13 02:35 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Haleks]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Originally Posted By: Haleks

It is actually the other way around : the AI will crash their vehicles pretty fast if you don't use CoWarmod. It especially enhances lifetime expectancy for choppers (you will wanna look for this pbo : "ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior_AI_C_PvPscene").
I'm afraid there's nothing to be done regarding NPC's driving cars though... It seems that the roadblocks generated by the dayz_code confuse them.

The mod will be updated soon and those patroling cars will be removed since they're quite useless and make it too easy to get your hands on a car with a mounted gun (they're supposed to be hard to find).

Don't hesitate to visit us on the forum if you have any questions or suggestions!

Haleks,

Thanks for stopping by. Keep up the good work. I have posted additional questions for you at your thread over at the DaiZY Singleplayer forums

#3790682 - 06/01/13 09:41 PM Re: DaiZy Offline SinglePlayer mods [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Yes indeed. Thanks for stopping by Haleks. I'll get the CoWarmod installed today. We are really enjoying DaiZy. One more question while I'm thinking about it. Are there heli crash site spawns in DaiZy? I've spent several hours playing and I haven't spotted one yet. That isn't unusual because it happens in DayZ too. I just wondered if they are there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.