Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3753628 - 03/19/13 06:12 PM MWO 3/19 Patch Notes  
malibu43 Offline
malibu43  Offline

SoCal
Looks like a good patch to me. I probably won't be taking advantage of the Arm Lock or Center Feet to Torso very much. Good to see the Raven hit boxes adjusted. Unfortunate that the Cat's are getting some nerfs - I mean "quirks" just after I've bought 3 of them! But to be honest they look like reasonable adjustments. Can't wait to try the new Desert map!

Quote:
Open Beta Update #13

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday Mar. 19th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

PATCH: 1.2.204

Change Log

Update:

Greetings MechWarriors

I am truly excited to welcome you to this patch for 5 good reasons:

#1 - The Jagermech: Ballistics fans, this is your BattleMech! BOOM! BOOM! DAKKA! DAKKA! It’s seriously fun. I’m going to buy them all and paint them Desert Tan for reason #2.

#2 - Tourmaline Desert: You're going to love this map. It looks amazing and plays even better! It’s perfect for the Jagermech I just bought.

#3 - New Controls: Gas pedal? Check! Arm Lock? Check! Centre Legs to Torso? Check! Improved joystick controls? Check. Changing all these options in game? Priceless! (Test them out in the Testing Grounds!)

#4 - Consumables System and Cool Shot: Do you ever find yourself running hot? Is override not going to get the job done without BBQing your internals? Try using the brand new Cool Shot on your BattleMech and you just might survive to fight another day.

#5 - New Customizations: We’ve added the Vagabond pattern and some new BattleMech statues for your cockpit. What better way to show the Jagermech you just bought that you love it than a new paint job and some decorations?

Did I mention that we also increased the server count for the new map we just added? See you in the desert, my friends.

Matt Newman.

Content

JagerMech

JagerMech JM6-DD

- Tonnage: 65
- Engine: 260 XL
- Top Speed: 64.8 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 315
- Armor: 232 (Ferro-Fibrous)
- Torso Movement:
- 110 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 35 degrees up and down
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Ultra AC/5, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Pulse Laser, CASE
- Right Torso: Medium Pulse Laser, CASE
- Right Arm: Ultra AC/5, AC/2
- Internal Structure: Standard
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 3 Ballistic
- Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 1 Energy
- Right Arm: 3 Ballistic
- Heat Sinks: 10 Single
- Jump Jets: n/a
- ECM Capable?: No
- Module Slots: 2

JagerMech JM6-A

- Engine: 260
- Armor: 256 (Standard)
- Torso Movement:
- 90 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 35 degrees up and down
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: LRM 15, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Arm: LRM 15, AC/2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 1 Ballistic, 2 Missile
- Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 1 Energy
- Right Arm: 1 Ballistic, 2 Missile

JagerMech JM6-S

- Engine: 260
- Torso Movement:
- 110 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Armor: 192 (Standard)
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 35 degrees up and down
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: AC/5, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Torso: Medium Laser
- Right Arm: AC/5, AC/2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 2 Ballistic
- Left Torso: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 2 Energy
- Right Arm: 2 Ballistic

Tourmaline Desert

The Tourmaline Desert is found on a small sun-baked planetoid in a binary star system. The bedrock is largely granite covered, with a thin layer of schist and sporadic veins of liquid sodium. The most striking features, however, are the endless, towering outcrops of massive tourmaline crystals that reach up against a scarlet nebula. The mean temperature is ~97°C, with an atmosphere comprised mainly of carbon dioxide with trace amounts of methane, ammonia, sodium and water vapour.

The planetoid is located along a strategic corridor, and has therefore seen many battles over the past centuries. In some circles it is known as ‘The Boneyard’ as its surface is littered with the carcasses of abandoned BattleMechs and wrecked dropships. A derelict 52000 ton Mammoth class cargo carrier dropship can be found half-buried in the middle of the desert with its bones jutting out into the sky. Slowly being consumed by the desert’s blowing sand, the last two centuries have left it sand-blasted and corroded.

BattleMech warriors will have a challenging fight ahead of them. Heat management will be a huge priority, and steep walled craters may pen them in for easy pickings. The giant tourmaline crystals will offer some protection from missile barrages, but the long corridors and accessible peaks will make any BattleMech vulnerable to sniper fire.

New Consumables Modules

- General Notes:

- Consumable modules cannot be sold back to the store.
- Cool Shot is activated by pressing Delete (when a cool shot module is equipped).
- If more than one type of cool shot module is equipped, the first press of Delete will activate the Cool Shot 6.
- The second press will activate Cool Shot 9 or Cool Shot 9 by 9 or Cool Shot 18 (whichever is equipped).
- If the player shuts down while coolant flushing, the flush pauses and any remaining flush automatically resumes after powering up.
- If a consumable module is not used during a match, it is not consumed and remains on the BattleMech

- Cool Shot 6

- Only one of these can be equipped on a BattleMech at a time.
- Consumed upon use.
- Costs 10,000 CBills.
- When used, it removes 6 heat per second, for 1 second, from your BattleMech(in addition to the standard heat loss from your heat sinks).
- This is equivalent to the cooling provided by 60 single heat sinks.

- Cool Shot 9

- Cannot be equipped on a BattleMech that has a Cool Shot 18 equipped.
- Consumed upon use.
- Costs 40,000 CBills.
- When used, it removes 9 heat per second, for 1 second, from your BattleMech(in addition to the standard heat loss from your heat sinks).
- This is equivalent to the cooling provided by 90 single heat sinks.

- Cool Shot 18

- Cannot be equipped on a BattleMech that has a Cool Shot 9 equipped.
- Consumed upon use.
- Costs 15 MC.
- When used, it removes 18 heat per second, for 1 second, from your BattleMech(in addition to the standard heat loss from your heat sinks).
- This is equivalent to the cooling provided by 180 single heat sinks.

New Modules

- Cool Boost

- Costs 15,000 GXP.
- When bought, automatically increases the cooling provided by every cool shot by 20%.
- Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech.

- Cool Shot 9 by 9

- Costs 15,000 GXP.
- When bought, automatically upgrades all Cool Shot 9 modules into Cool Shot 9 by 9 modules.
- Cool Shot 9 by 9 modules removed 18 heat per second for 1 second.
- All other stats/costs/restrictions are the same as Cool Shot 9.

BattleMech Cockpit Items

- Atlas Statue.
- Catapult Statue.
- Hunchback Statue.

BattleMech Skin

- Vagabond Skin.

Gameplay

New Controls

- Added Arm Lock gameplay option (ON by default):
- When Arm Lock is enabled, the arm reticule is fixed to the torso crosshairs and moves at the same rate as the torso.
- Added Throttle Decay gameplay option (ON by default). When Throttle Decay is enabled:
- Gameplay options can be enabled/disabled on the fly from the new in-game Options Screen.
- Pressing the ‘W’ key will sets the throttle to 100%.
- Pressing the ‘S’ key will sets the throttle to -100%.
- Releasing the ‘W’ and ‘S’ key sets the throttle to 0.
- Keyboard users can now use the NumPad to directly control throttle (using the 0-9, +, -, and . keys).
- New Bind: “F" - centers Feet to Torso.
- New Bind: “Shift” - toggles Arm Lock while held.
- Analog turn support for joysticks.

In-game Options

- The Video, Game, and Control settings are accessible via the in-game pause menu.

Catapult Variant Quirks

- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 120.
- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their arm pitch angle reduced from 45 to 35.
- The CPLT-K2 has had its torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 110.

Raven Hitbox Adjustment

- The hitbox complexity of the Raven has been reduced.
- This will result in the Raven being hit much easier and brings it on par with it's light counterparts.

Bug Fixes

Gameplay

- When a user is killed with jump jets on, the jump jets will now turn off properly.
- SRMs will no longer set off the "INCOMING MISSILES" warning.
- Fixed an issue where firing SRMs at close range at an enemy BattleMech's leg does little to no damage.

Mech

- Added in the laser caps that were missing from the CPLT-K2's center torso.
- The machine guns on the CPLT-K2's side torsos will disappear when the user removes them.
- Autocannons and Gauss Rifles are now represented with the appropriate meshes on the CPLT-K2.

Options

- Fixed a key binding corruption issue that could occur when switching between user accounts.
- Resolved an issue where the native resolution of the user’s current desktop was not available in the in-game list.
- Fixed the Invert Throttle bind so it actually flips the current throttle value.
- Improved the Action Map binding mechanics.
- Ensured that the user’s custom key bindings are always preserved when controls with new defaults are added.
- The default system specifications are now properly restored when they are reset.

Mechlab

- Disable scene lighting when the user is viewing the cockpit during customization to reduce saturation.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals
#3753637 - 03/19/13 06:22 PM Re: MWO 3/19 Patch Notes [Re: malibu43]  
Feetwet Offline
Son of Birmingham
Feetwet  Offline
Son of Birmingham

Houston, Tx
Wait, did you say desert map. Oh crap, I need to adjust my 3D...known as the torch.

S

MWO callsign Feetwet
#3753647 - 03/19/13 06:39 PM Re: MWO 3/19 Patch Notes [Re: malibu43]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Catapult Variant Quirks

- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 120.
- The CPLT-A1, CPLT-C1, and CPLT-C4 have had their arm pitch angle reduced from 45 to 35.
- The CPLT-K2 has had its torso twist angle reduced from 140 to 110.

Raven Hitbox Adjustment

- The hitbox complexity of the Raven has been reduced.
- This will result in the Raven being hit much easier and brings it on par with it's light counterparts.

Really like the torso twist changes to the Cat, they were extreme as was and really helped the splatcats, also really glad to see hitbox changes to the Raven, should help make the 3L much more realistic to kill.

Quote:
- Added Arm Lock gameplay option (ON by default):
- When Arm Lock is enabled, the arm reticule is fixed to the torso crosshairs and moves at the same rate as the torso.

Ah this is something good for new players who are used to FPS crosshair games, but most of us who have been playing and understand the arms have a separate convergence will likely want to disable to get the most from the movable arms.

Overall really good patch, looking forward to playing it tonight.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3753658 - 03/19/13 06:51 PM Re: MWO 3/19 Patch Notes [Re: malibu43]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I hope my throttle doesn't get screwed up in the process. Got a backup of the actionmaps file just in case.
I don't think the torso lock will be that good. Even on the stalker where the arms barely move away from the torso at all, it sounds like it would also limit the vertical movement.
The centering legs thing might be convenient.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3753660 - 03/19/13 06:54 PM Re: MWO 3/19 Patch Notes [Re: malibu43]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
I've noticed the Catapult torso twist can be pretty extreme... almost running forwards and shooting backwards.

Is the issue with the Ravens the hitboxes? Seems sometimes they drop with a couple of PPC hits, and other times they'll walk through barrage after barrage showing no damage despite visual hits on the screen.

I hope this doesn't make the Ravens completely useless; while I often curse their little hides, I appreciate that the game offers many ways to play and each mech has a different strength & weakness making them all very playable.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#3753727 - 03/19/13 08:48 PM Re: MWO 3/19 Patch Notes [Re: malibu43]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I don't want them useless, but I do want them afraid to be so brazen going up on something that outweighs them by over double their weight. I don't think many Willys went up against Tiger tanks 1 on 1 in WWII.
They just need to be limited to do the job you'd expect from something so fast and light. Recon, support and battle with those at or near their weight class. Similarly, an atlas shouln't be able to take off at 90 kph and turn like a catapult.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.