Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#374504 - 01/22/06 04:53 PM I recently developed MP problems.  
Blitz_25th Offline
Blitz_25th  Offline

EU
I’m having problems with downloading missions from the host of the game. A simple mission (less then 100kb) can take over 10min to download and sometimes when I reach 100% the download starts all over again.

Strange thing is also that even if I already have the mission on my system I don’t get “updating” mission message but instead “downloading” which indicates that mission is being fully downloaded instead of only updated. Once I’m in the flight though all works OK and there is no excessive lag that would point to connectivity problems.

I don’t think I’m having problems with connection (em on 512/512) as such since I don’t see any slowdown when browsing the web, downloading files and doing MP in other games (IL2, LOMAC). So what could be the reason for this behavior?

Blitz
-----------------
Team Superhornet
TSH Forums
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#374505 - 01/22/06 05:46 PM Re: I recently developed MP problems.  
_Frenchy Offline
_Frenchy  Offline

France
That's mean you have a bad connection with the host..and lot of lost packed during tranfert

Frenchy
TSH team
#374506 - 01/22/06 08:02 PM Re: I recently developed MP problems.  
Blitz_25th Offline
Blitz_25th  Offline

EU
I originally thought of the same thing (heavy data lost) however this problems is present only in the JFA18 and only while downloading/updating mission once I’m in the game all is well and with in reasonable lag limits for the speed of the connection I have.

As I said previously no other game is affected. I did an extensive test with my connection today. Did a 10min ping test on google.com and all pings were faster then 200ms and no package lost. I played (as host and client) IL2 and LOMAC today for several hours and no problems at all but when I tested the JFA18 I got same old problems. Any other party in the JF18 session does not have any problem between each other but for me. Therefore, this clearly shows that the problem is on my side however, I now seriously doubt that it has anything to do with my internet connection.

Could it be that I have some sort of port seting problem? What ports are needed for JFA18 to be run over the internet? I’m running ZoneAlarm FW and JFA18 is allowed to access the www. I have the same problem even if turn off ZoneAlarm.

Anyway I will do a reinstall (also delete all entries in registry) of game and see if it works.

Blitz
-----------------
Team Superhornet
TSH Forums
#374507 - 01/22/06 10:18 PM Re: I recently developed MP problems.  
Berg Offline
Berg  Offline

Vancouver, British Columbia
Not absolutely sure Blitz but I think you're on to something about the port thing. I recently discovered that I can play on-line with my wireless connection. I couldn't play on-line with Hyperlobby but I could with UBI's MP gaming room because UBI automatically detected my IP adresses and recommended my internal address. I'm operating through an open access wireless network and JFA18 was not detecting other players wether I Hosted or just played. I don't know much about the port settings but wish I could help you more. By the way I have a copy of your manual which answered all my questions about missile evasion tactics, excellent work, very helpful. I've been practising a lot the past few days and can land smoothely on the carrier now, no more wave offs or bolters. Maybe one day I'll get to fly on HyperLobby, because MP is the best and fastest way to learn any game.
P.S. Recluse informed me of forwarding the correct port settings to play on Hyper lobby so maybe this might have something to do with your present situation.

"I love the smell of Napalm in the mornin'. You know what that smell reminds me of?..Sniff..Victory!"
#374508 - 01/23/06 01:10 PM Re: I recently developed MP problems.  
Recluse Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Recluse  Offline
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot

Randolph, NJ
Blitz,

Is this happening on HL only or does it also happen on attempted direct TCP/IP connections?

Actually, I think everything is fine with your port settings as you can actually connect and fly.

Have you recently changed anything (e.g. reinstall, experimental MOD, Warfarefix vs. NonWarfarefix?) with your setup? Seems like a case where F/A-18 isn't finding the correct Mission folder, and thus needs to re-download any MP Mission. I would guess it is indeed a registry setting somewhere. Not sure why the transfers would be so SLOW, though.

Guess your clean install should be diagnostic for this.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

#374509 - 01/23/06 05:08 PM Re: I recently developed MP problems.  
Blitz_25th Offline
Blitz_25th  Offline

EU
The problem is present either when joining/hosting via direct IP or through HL.

I'm using TSH v1 (only objects and missions, loadouts) and v2 (Iraq map). My exe is patched with priority patch and that's it. No warfare fix or vide view and similar exe/wrapper mods are selected/used. I did not install/update any software and hardware settings are the same as they were before the problem developed.

I did a complete reinstall of the game and will try to test it tonight in HL. Hope it will work.

Blitz
-----------------
Team Superhornet
TSH Forums
#374510 - 01/28/06 11:29 PM Re: I recently developed MP problems.  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
What happened with this? Did you start having this problem right after updating Falcon 4: Allied Force? My FA-18 just conked out right after that. Reinstall hasn't helped.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.