Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3776508 - 05/02/13 03:00 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Originally Posted By: Coot
I don't remember but I don't think so. When I started out after the prologue I'm just a nobody fisherman with very little. It seems to be kind of a grind to start establishing your skills and gear.

I don't mind the npc chatter so much. Some of the character voices are duplicated but they are well done and they have helpful tips. And there's a lot of dialogue. I keep hearing new things all the time.

The main reason why I don't mind the chatter so much is because I find it a breath of fresh air to have a friendly npc to go through the game with me. These games can get very dark and dreadful in atmoshpere especially underground and its comforting to me to have someone there with me and it relieves some of the tension.

I initially hated the chatter, but this time around I'm dealing with it better for those exact reasons.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3776529 - 05/02/13 03:41 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Here is what the first hour of gameplay sounds like.

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It is weak to fire!"

"It doesn't like fire and ice!"

"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"
"It is weak to fire!"

"Dont just swing wildly, you'll never hit anything like that"

"It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!"

"You can go to an inn and rest if it is too dark."

"It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!""It is weak to fire!"

#3776684 - 05/02/13 08:39 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
biggrin

"You forgot "I don't think I can stand much more of this"

So far I have kept the first two pawns I ever hired. And I don't really want to loose them. One guy is named Rook and he always enchants my sword and shield with fire when he's nearby and heals the party.

I still only have my second sword and shield. I'm finding it hard to find new weapons for my character.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#3776691 - 05/02/13 08:55 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I bought a iron sword and round shield in the first starter city. I'll probably keep rook and make a archer woman to tag along with me. I just wish they wouldnt speak so much (which is normally the case with women! ZING!)

#3814871 - 07/26/13 10:17 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
This looks really good. What are your thoughts on it a few months on? I can get it second hand quite cheap (normal version) or should I get the DA version?

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3815193 - 07/27/13 11:40 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I like it. It is a grind though to raise character levels and get any good stuff. I'd definitely get the DA version Mace if you do. There's no fast travel in the game per say, except for a portal like stone you can get. I never played DD long enough to get it, but the DA version gives you an eternal portal stone so that you can fast travel between major locations. There's still a lot of hoofing it.

One of the things I like is being able to climb on to things you are fighting too. Feels like Lord of the Rings. About a month ago I finally was strong enough character wise to defeat a giant troll. And it can be hit and miss. I probably spent ten or more minutes fighting it, was like one sword swing away from killing it and died. Had to do it again. You can save anywhere though. It probably took an hour but I got him by golly and it felt good.

Then me and my spawns came across another on a mountain ledge. We took him down a lot faster. One of the reasons was because we didn't have pesky wolves and bandits attacking us at the same time. But what was cool was that we almost killed him then he fell off the cliff. biggrin

#3815202 - 07/27/13 11:52 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I bought it today biggrin

Went into Game and they only had new ones, the original at £15 or the DA version at £20. Took the DA version to the till to pay and the lad serving said they have just had the DA one brought in by someone who looks after their discs and did I want that one for £5 cheaper so worked out well smile

Great game though, I really like the combat. I picked Strider as my class but I understand you can change over and level up any and all skills?

Just fought the Hydra and was pretty cool.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3815212 - 07/28/13 12:38 AM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I believe you can change your character but I'm not sure how or when. I do at some point want to do that though. Maybe before I head underground in DA because I want to be a Mage and levitate around with my cape. biggrin

#3815693 - 07/29/13 01:50 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Coot
I like it. It is a grind though to raise character levels and get any good stuff. I'd definitely get the DA version Mace if you do. There's no fast travel in the game per say, except for a portal like stone you can get. I never played DD long enough to get it, but the DA version gives you an eternal portal stone so that you can fast travel between major locations. There's still a lot of hoofing it.

One of the things I like is being able to climb on to things you are fighting too. Feels like Lord of the Rings. About a month ago I finally was strong enough character wise to defeat a giant troll. And it can be hit and miss. I probably spent ten or more minutes fighting it, was like one sword swing away from killing it and died. Had to do it again. You can save anywhere though. It probably took an hour but I got him by golly and it felt good.

Then me and my spawns came across another on a mountain ledge. We took him down a lot faster. One of the reasons was because we didn't have pesky wolves and bandits attacking us at the same time. But what was cool was that we almost killed him then he fell off the cliff. biggrin

Towards the very start of the game there is a troll at the mouth of a river as it feeds over a cliff. I was trying to sneak by him and he charged me and right off the cliff he goes. Got the experience but no items. Took me about 10 minutes to stop from laughing so hard I could unpause it.

#4166462 - 09/08/15 05:43 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

This deserves a two year bump. bump

Guess what? They are porting this to pc! I've always hoped they would do that. My only concern is FPS. If they port it well and uncap it so we can run it at 60fps I'll be a happy camper. It was also be nice if they would remove the black bars as well. Those two issues and the game playing on a PC monitor will be a lot of fun. Hope they do a good job with the port. popcorn

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-is-coming-to-pc

Last edited by Coot; 09/08/15 05:44 PM.

#4166519 - 09/08/15 07:34 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

I hope someone mods out your companion callouts. I gave up on the game because of those audio call outs every few seconds.

#4166856 - 09/09/15 05:33 PM Re: Dragon's Dogma [Re: Coot]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Nah, you'll start to miss your pawns uttering "I don't think I can take much more of this" repeatedly lol.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.