Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » Over Flanders Fields » Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3720769 - 01/18/13 09:05 PM Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields
Lothar_of_the_Hill_People Offline

The long-awaited unofficial community expansion to OFF is now available at Combat Ace. See the posting for the full list of contributors.

This is a complete package--no other mods or downloads required. It's designed to be easy to use for everyone, with no hassle. But give it plenty of time to install and configure itself on first run as it's 1.7GB of stuff all together.

Notice it's not quite version 1.0. This is a first public beta. With extensive changes to flak, guns, ammo, balloons, etc. it would benefit from testing and feedback from experienced flyers. The incendiary ammo and balloon system still experimental, so consequences for mis-use still are not in place during testing. You're on the honor system for now.

If you go ahead and test how effective it is against airplanes, let us know on the support page, or if you experience bugs or run into other problems. If you don't want be a part of such experiments, wait a little bit for further refinements.

As always, read the fine print (backup your pilot files--they're now easier to restore than ever). And have fun!

#3720872 - 01/19/13 02:14 AM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]
Robert_Wiggins Online   smile
Survivor!...So Far!!

Loc: Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Lothar;

Downloaded, installed and ran fine on initial try. So far so good.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Memmory: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, CM Seidon 240M Liq CPU Cooler
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB Solid state
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FF2 Pr, TrackIR 4

#3720896 - 01/19/13 05:38 AM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]
Wodin Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Downloading now..

#3720911 - 01/19/13 07:05 AM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]
Wodin Offline

Loc: Liverpool
My pilot Tim Stonk crashed behind enemy lines..so i started a new pilot and checked the memorial and the date it says I crashed is 1 Jan 1900..instead of Aug 1917..

#3721073 - 01/19/13 01:38 PM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]

I'll look into it, Wodin.

#3721158 - 01/19/13 04:28 PM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]
olddog Offline

Loc: england
Please can anyone tell me how do I uninstall this OFFbase.

#3721174 - 01/19/13 05:04 PM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: olddog]
Survivor!...So Far!!

Originally Posted By: olddog
Please can anyone tell me how do I uninstall this OFFbase.

HI olddog;

Before you uninstall OFFbase I have to ask you a couple of questions.

Did you read the FAQ and backup you pilots before installing OFFice?

Did you run "OFFramp" and backup all your OFF files before creating OFFbase pilots, etc. If you did, you need to run OFFramp again to restore your backed up files before uninstalling OFFbase.

OFFbase does not have an elegant uninstall feature, so you are going to have to delete the "OFFice" directory structure on your hard drive and then delete the icons on your desktop etc. Here is an example of the directory structure where you should find OFFice.

Delete the "OFFice" directory once you have restored your OFF files from the "OFFramp" application.
Restore the pilots that you backed up prior to installing OFFice.

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and since Lothar is the developer of this application, you may want to PM him directly for any particular questions.

Best Regards

Edited by Robert_Wiggins (01/19/13 06:35 PM)

#3721226 - 01/19/13 07:00 PM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]

No need to uninstall it. Just deactivate any of its JSGME mods and launch OFF normally as always if you don't want to use it.

OFFset can restore your settings from the pre-OFFbase state. Just run OFFset, click the Import button, and you'll see a Pre-OFFramp Backup in the list with all your prior settings.

#3721352 - 01/19/13 11:21 PM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]
Survivor!...So Far!!

Lothar;

Won't he have to restore his original pilot files as well?

Best Regards;

#3721473 - 01/20/13 06:21 AM Re: Introducing the Incomparable Campaign Engine for Over Flanders Fields [Re: Lothar_of_the_Hill_People]
olddog Offline

Loc: england
Thank you guys for the replys it seems like my OFF install is running OK so I will leave well alone.

Im sure OFFice is one great addition to OFF but I had so much problems with, just when I thought all was running well I got the message "MISSION TARGET FILE ERROR ERROR CHECK = EOR then "CO-ORD ERROR". no missions were loading.

So im more than happy with the std OFF.

Thank you again.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Steel Beasts Cougar MRAP
by Asid
A couple of new Flanker shots using EDGE
by Pizzicato
Steel Beasts Night vision
by Asid
GTX 670 upgrade to GTX 970
by Tigerwulf
Steel Beasts - Snappy Serval AAR
by Gibsonm
Huey Trimmer
by ST0RM
05:45 PM
So, how many here have the 'Knack'?
by Desert Eagle
05:01 PM
What the? That is not my wingman!
by Charlie_SB
04:50 PM
ASUS P8Z77-V dissapearing drives
by specialksl
04:45 PM
How is this game in terms of the pew-pew?
by - Ice
04:22 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.