Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3681948 - 11/14/12 05:14 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I'm thinking it's not "whining" but the god-awful review scores from Metacritic and such as well as dismal sales that doomed it.

The Jedi Master

Yes exactly the whiners....

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Krupi are you seriously saying that lets say 50 people complaining about the state of the sim on a forum over the last 2 years has decided the fate of a sequel and not the actual mis-management of 8 years development, a disaster of a release, a flawed engine, poor sales and reviews and a lack of progress in 2 years of patching?

Which do you think the people paying for a sequel would be blaming?

Luthier inherited a screwed up game from Oleg and was clearly ordered to get it put the door. Flawed engine? Please explain looks to be working fine for me and many others. The patch improved things greatly for a lot of people.

Anyway iI was talking about the sequel not COD and yes the whiners certainly did attribute to its apparent demise as any flight sim player with anything between there ears realises that the genre needs support especially a game that aimed and has ultimately pushed the genre further.

Furbs open your bias eyes smell the coffee and realise that it's going to be a few more years before anyone else comes put with a flight sim and even then I highly doubt that it will be to the same level of detail that MG were giving us.

Go on try it open your eyes smile

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3681950 - 11/14/12 05:18 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Robusti]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Icarus1
Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi

Originally Posted By: Icarus1

And I am responsibility for this. LAME screwy

To a certain degree yes most certainly so, its a fact of life that the minority usually screw things up for the majority.

The whining certainly factored into the apparent scrapping of the sequel.

Get real. The game was a disaster on release and full of bugs and that is why it failed. But if your denial of that is the only way you can cpoe, just keep blaming me. Laughable.

Did I say cod wasn't bugged no, did I say it was your fault no, but it certainly is partly the whiners fault that there probably won't be a sequel, if you can't see this then I feel sorry for you but hey they say ignorance is bliss and you clearly have tones of it.

#3681963 - 11/14/12 05:41 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

I brought COD and played 300 hours in it, what else could i do to support it? Was i purposed to lie about it flaws and its fecked up management?

No sequel has ever been canceled because of customers complaining about the originals flaws, if the sequel "is" canceled, its because Luthier couldn't prove the viability and future sales to the people who pay his wages.
Do you remember anything about Luthier saying about reaching a milestone in the sequels development? that was the point where he had to prove to the moneymen it was going to work and going to sell.

And by the way, we still dont know if he failed...yet.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 11/14/12 05:58 PM.
#3681967 - 11/14/12 05:46 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Jesus mate, get a grip.. people have a right to whine if something they bought in good faith doesn't work properly, and yes, some people were more vocal than others, but to put some of the blame on them for IC's current state and probable failure to deliver what they promised is ludicrous.
I'm grown up enough to realise that if it all goes to the wall and that's it, no more sequal etc, then I've lost my money.. too bad!
I won't nash my teeth and blame others for a company, who let's face it, with their expertise should have known better.

#3681989 - 11/14/12 06:21 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
We don't know if a decision has been made either way. The negative advertising in the forums certainly doesn't help, but its just one of many factors they look at before making a decision. The game engine isn't as bad as some people here suggest, and it could be fixed, and further evolve overtime into a sim we would all like. I don't see anyone else making them. Right now I'm looking forward to Heinkill's/Bolox/Gab RAF Campaign, with the hopes it may rekindle my simming interests.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3681990 - 11/14/12 06:22 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Those of us who bought the stupid thing can't be blamed for its failure. Especially those like me who preordered it at full price.

The only metric that matters is profit. If CloD's patching has stopped, it's because it will be eating away what profits remain, if any still do! If a sequel is cancelled, that is because the projected cost to make it is greater than projected sales profits, pure and simple. Now how much "science" is behind those projections and how much is personal opinion by the top-level people we can't say or know, but generally speaking those people don't last long if they don't have some numbers to back up their opinions.

A game with poor reviews and gangbuster sales will get a sequel because sales numbers don't lie. A game with awesome reviews and crappy sales only has even odds at best at getting a sequel because of a belief that next time the buyers will take note. A game with crappy sales AND crappy reviews? Doomed.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3682021 - 11/14/12 06:55 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
The only problem with that scenario is, they knew they would get bad reviews, when they released the sim "unfinished". They knew they could survive a poor initial release, if things got sorted, and setup a more profitable Sequel. They hoped to have the game engine working better in a timely manor, but performance optimizations didn't work, and they had to rewrite the graphic engine. That was a major setback, that delayed the timetable of all other fixes considerably. Now its a waiting game to see if IC group will continue to fund the project.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3682041 - 11/14/12 07:32 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Force10 Online zombie
I'm just a
Force10  Online Zombie
I'm just a

CA
Chivas,

I think there is an error in your sig where you say "Asus PT6 Motherboard". I'm pretty sure it's a "P6T" like mine. That's all I have to contribute to this topic. (Trying to be a good boy lately....lol)

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#3682081 - 11/14/12 08:14 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: JG52Krupi]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG52Krupi
Originally Posted By: FIScott
Originally Posted By: Chivas
There's no money in the old IL-2 brand, its history. Their only chance is to work on the game engine until its marketable. It will probably be our only chance aswell to see a decent combat flight simulator in the foreseeable future. Hopefully IC doesn't decide to cut their losses. That said, even if IC pulls the plug, there is enough there for many talented community members and third parties to do their work. I'm looking forward to Heinkill's RAF Campaign, with scripting etc from Bolox, and Gabuzomeu.

I couldn't agree less with that Chivas.

Within this niche IL2 as a brand developed a massive international following, and it is still well respected over a decade after its first release. Gaijin were more than happy to associate their product with the IL2 brand with Wings of Prey even though it's primary focus was the console market rather than PC. Why do you think Ubi or 1C decided to associate the IL2 name directly with CoD and drop Olegs 'Storm of War' title ?

Cliff of Dover on the other hand has in it's own right a slightly less favourable pedigree as it (unfortunately) promised so much and delivered far less.

Apart from a weather system what didn't it deliver?

AA, Trees you can't fly through, Physics that represent something like accurate high alt performance of represented aircraft.... the list goes on.

CoD was supposed to be a massive leap forward from the old IL2 engine but it really didn't pull it off. The best it did do was make promises about what it would and could do but didn't to the point where silence prevails.

#3697001 - 12/11/12 05:46 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
CHDT Offline
CHDT  Offline

Switzerland
"DX11 next gen graphics"

ROF engine is DX11 ?

#3697042 - 12/11/12 06:49 PM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Mysticpuma2003]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
No, and neither is CloD. Neither is DCS World. Neither is FSX or Perpar3D.

Point?

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3719437 - 01/17/13 03:03 AM Re: Regarding the (so-far unconfirmed) rumours about CloD - Could the game engine be bought and modified? [Re: Kongo_Otto]  
slickwing Offline
slickwing  Offline

Macon,Ga. USA
Originally Posted By: Kongo_Otto
The following is my opinion nobody must share it. If you have an other point of view than that's ok for me.

First of all CloD respectively BoM is a Business product like everything else.
So when the Company decides to cut losses they will do it regardless of their customers.
We can not do anything against it.
White Collar give a s*** about customers and surely they don't give a dam 'bout employees.
Personally i think that 1c didn't bought 777, why should they?
There is no real reason for it.
But the chnace that the Sequel aka BoM has been trashed is imminent because the White collars do not care about FM's, DM's or
what these guys see is share holder values and thats what they paid for, taking care of the share holders not taking care of niche products and their admirers. Period.
Major Problem is imho not the rumors itself but the lousy customer communication performed by Luthier and his gang (except B6)
It would be no Problem to step forward and say "Yes it's true" or "No it isn't" but this maybe it just a mentallity problem, i dont know.
About the rumors i want to say that those who posted it surely wouldn't have posted them when their sources wouldn't be reliable.
In Germany there is a saying "Wo Rauch ist ist auch Feuer" which means roughly "Where smoke is there is also Fire".
If BoM is trashed then we can do nothing against it, the only thing we can do is carry on and get over it.
Personally i lost faith in 1c:Maddox but not because of this rumors, i lost it because of their lousy communication skills and them obvioulsy sitting in an Ivory Tower.
Again: This is my Opinion nobody must share it.
If you still believe that there will be a sequel than it's ok for me, but i do not believe that this will be happening.
On the otherside if the sequel will be announced i will happily step forward and say "i appologise and here i stand corrected"
Personally i don't care which company will release a decent WW2 Flight Sim, if it's released by 1c, fine, if it is released by XYZ-Games or 999 Studios, also fine.
The only thing i want is a company releasing a decent WW2 Flight Sim with an Customer communication worth the Name and not another forced release of an unfinished Product and the following Chaos .
Until this happens i will stay with IL2-1946 it's aged but still supported and also still a decent peace of kit.

In America it's " Where there is smoke, there is fire " same thing.

AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8gb (pc1600)
ATI H5770 1gb DDR5
Thermaltake 700watt psu
Ultra case
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.