Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#3712075 - 01/04/13 08:12 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Magnum]  
Top Gun Offline
Lifer
Top Gun  Offline
Lifer

Roch-Vegas NH
Originally Posted By: Magnum
Medal of Honor: Warfighter... potential, but serious flawed design decisions.

This has my vote, the AI are absolutely useless. You have a bad guy right next to you shooting you and your AI in front of you is shooting someone else. I'd rather go through the campaign solo than rely on them...

MP sucked more than I ever remember too. I'm done with this series... duh

XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3712082 - 01/04/13 08:17 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mastiff]  
Destructis Offline
Hotshot
Destructis  Offline
Hotshot

Anne Arundel County, MD
Originally Posted By: Mastiff
#1.Counter strike global offensive...
#2. CLOD trees are broken, number one complaint from me!
#3. DCS World, trees are broken, number one complaint from me!
#4. Rome series, just the 2 that doesn't work Rome total war battles, Viking's battle for Asgard
#5. Gun
#6. Gotham City Imposter's
#7. Battlefield 3 impossible to play with out cheaters!
#8. Battlefield 4 goes with out saying cheaters!
#9. Steel Armor, impossible to get it patched right.
#10.Steel Fury Kharkov 1942, impossible to get it patched right.

To be fair, you didn't have to buy DCS World. Also, Battlefield 4? I haven't heard of that.

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
#3712138 - 01/04/13 09:45 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
robmypro Offline
robmypro  Offline

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: robmypro
I've regretted buying...

F1 2012 (absolutely never buying a Codebastards game again)

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

Co-Op championship was hosed. Weather system is a joke. Penalty system is a joke. And last but not least, Codebastards knows it and just decided to move on to 2013...which I won't be buying.

Never again.

Last edited by robmypro; 01/04/13 09:46 PM.
#3712179 - 01/04/13 10:35 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
The Nephilim Offline
S3D GuRu
The Nephilim  Offline
S3D GuRu
Hotshot

3rd Stone from the Sun !!
OK Looks to be I was a bit Harsh with Flaming Cliffs 3 but still I feel if they can release the FC3 they should do other planes even if they can Not Model them 100%..but as best they can..

I think my most worst buy for the year was

1. Doom 3 BFG..because I could NOT get 3D working and no triplescreen resolutions.. frown

2. The Witcher2 AOE.. just too man y cutscenes was more like watching a movie then playing a game??

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.8GHZ / ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4AC Motherboard / Asus 1080GTX OC / SoundBlaster Z / Windows 10 64bit / Reverb G2 VR Gear. / Thrustmaster Cougar + MFD's / Buttkicker Simulation / Thrustmaster Cougar
#3712184 - 01/04/13 10:41 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Mace71  Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Darlington, UK.
I think also the calls for Flaming Cliffs 3 in here are harsh too as it hasn't really been released, still in beta, and as news released today http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3712031/New_FC3_List_from_WAGS#Post3712031 there is a lot more to come in terms of differences to FC2. I was sceptical myself but bought it over Christmas and was happy and now even more so with the improvements on the way.

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle
#3712300 - 01/05/13 02:56 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Winter Offline
Winter  Offline

Australia
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Originally Posted By: Winter
Mech Warrior Online: Legendary Founders Pack

I immediately regretted supporting this game as soon as it loaded up.

Wow, why? It's still in beta with the biggest features yet to come, but what was so bad about it?

Gameplay. MechWarrior: Living Legends offers more depth than just match making, spawning, brawling and repeat. Its like playing DE_Dust in CS over and over and over again.

I also didn't like the feel of the Mechs and their weapons. I'll check it later when it has more game modes. At the momemnt the gameplay is very repetitive, With small maps that a quick to traverse so not much diversity.

III/JG11_Winter
#3712357 - 01/05/13 05:21 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: robmypro]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
Co-Op championship was hosed. Weather system is a joke. Penalty system is a joke. And last but not least, Codebastards knows it and just decided to move on to 2013...which I won't be buying.

Never again.

They knew the same things in 2010 and 2011....and they moved right on to the next year in the line.

I swore I'd not buy 2012, but I did...albeit at a discounted price...so, I wasn't quite as pissed as the previous years. I damn sure won't get burned in 2013 unless they've got 3D stripper grid girls.

biggrin

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every, single minute of it."
#3712359 - 01/05/13 05:26 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Winter]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Mech Warrior Online: Legendary Founders Pack

I immediately regretted supporting this game as soon as it loaded up.

Wow, why? It's still in beta with the biggest features yet to come, but what was so bad about it?

Gameplay. MechWarrior: Living Legends offers more depth than just match making, spawning, brawling and repeat. Its like playing DE_Dust in CS over and over and over again.

I also didn't like the feel of the Mechs and their weapons. I'll check it later when it has more game modes. At the momemnt the gameplay is very repetitive, With small maps that a quick to traverse so not much diversity.

That's the Crysis mod, right? I still need to try it.
MWO will get better as they add features and the persistent war. Certainly limited in the beta with few maps, but the building gets more and more fun as they add on.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3712360 - 01/05/13 05:27 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
kiss4luna Offline
JetCrasher
kiss4luna  Offline
JetCrasher

Beijing,China
Diablo 3 for me, and Blizzard banned me for PC changing and i forget my security answers......
and calls line to support were always busy. months later i found my account that registered for over 5 years was erased from its server, though i never cheated.......

Last edited by kiss4luna; 01/05/13 05:32 AM.
#3712376 - 01/05/13 06:59 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: SteveGee]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: SteveGee

Never again.

They knew the same things in 2010 and 2011....and they moved right on to the next year in the line.

I swore I'd not buy 2012, but I did...albeit at a discounted price...so, I wasn't quite as pissed as the previous years. I damn sure won't get burned in 2013 unless they've got 3D stripper grid girls.

biggrin
So you mean that even after the 9 patches that were released for F1 2012 those bugs listed by Rob still persist?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3712403 - 01/05/13 09:55 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
JonnyD Offline
JonnyD  Offline

The Fens, UK
F1 2012 is the first one I bought and I have only done the training drives up to now - and a few practice laps of Albert Park, so this is news to me. I have liked it so far, much better than I expected so these comments are a little disturbing, although I only got it for offline racing. This is the 'fun arcade' side of virtual racing to balance out the serious sides of rFactor 2 and the Simbin series.

I say it as I see it
#3712421 - 01/05/13 10:55 AM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: BodyBag]  
Percival Offline
Percival  Offline

Originally Posted By: BodyBag
I can't understand why so many people can regret buying so many games.

With all the previews, reviews, screenshots, "Let's play"-video's on every game that exists, people should know what they were getting.

I bought a lot of games in 2012 and knew EXACTLY what I was getting,- no regrets!

Up to a point I agree with you. The problem is the only truly reliable measure of a game's worth is user feedback in the forums (like this thread). Some reviews and previews (with honourable exceptions e.g. James Allen, SimHQ) tend to be over-favourable. This does not reflect a lack of independence so much as an understandable wish to give games the benefit of the doubt in their early life ("well it has it's faults but I'm sure if XY and Z are patched it will be a great sim etc." and of course sometimes that does actually happen). People often go for a game on release and that's when you tend to pay. My rules are to try the demo if there is one, wait for game reviews in the forums from people who have bought the game, then if it's bad wait to see if it gets patched and people change their mind about it. I broke my own rules with NWAC (demo was artfully issued after release) and was sorely disappointed.

A really interesting aspect of this thread is that some games seem to attract both negative and positive opinions e.g CM Fortress Italy, which I think is fantastic, took some criticism and of course sometimes it's down to individual taste and preoccupations whether a game is seen as good or bad.

Last edited by Percival; 01/05/13 02:52 PM.
#3712508 - 01/05/13 04:10 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: SteveGee]  
robmypro Offline
robmypro  Offline

Never again.

biggrin

I bought F2012 discounted too, but a friend and I still cannot play, so it was a waste. Codebastards is banned.

#3712509 - 01/05/13 04:12 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
robmypro Offline
robmypro  Offline

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Never again.

biggrin
So you mean that even after the 9 patches that were released for F1 2012 those bugs listed by Rob still persist?

They provided a lot of very small patches, each breaking something new. The game was left broken just like in 2010 and 2011. Don't let the high patch count fool you.

#3712515 - 01/05/13 04:21 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: JonnyD]  
robmypro Offline
robmypro  Offline

Originally Posted By: JonnyD
F1 2012 is the first one I bought and I have only done the training drives up to now - and a few practice laps of Albert Park, so this is news to me. I have liked it so far, much better than I expected so these comments are a little disturbing, although I only got it for offline racing. This is the 'fun arcade' side of virtual racing to balance out the serious sides of rFactor 2 and the Simbin series.

You will run into issues, even in SP. this is how my season went.

Race 1: I got constant messages stating I was disconnected from steam (this was SP). Then AI crashes into the back of me, causing me to get a 10 spot penalty. Race starts, and wreckless AI crash into me, causing drive through penalty. Come out and it is raining, but AI are super fast on slicks. I am not. Pit crew don't bother to tell me to change tires, even though I am seriously off pace. Come in to pit and get help up as the entire field passes me in the pits. Come out in last place after qualifying 2nd (12th with penalty).

Next day I load game and profile is corrupt. Only choice is to start a new career. This would be my third and final time.

All of these issues are well known, and completely ignored.

#3712532 - 01/05/13 04:43 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
As Jonny said, CM's F1 series is "fun arcade" racing. If you have visions of being Sebastian Vettel or Fernando Alonso with 30 minutes of prep time then you might find it fun, regardless of the game program problems themselves. You'll see interviews by Codemasters' HMFIC's that say things like "We're trying to make something for everyone to enjoy and it's not a true sim as sims are measured" and then you'll see advertisements by them for the game "The most realistic F1 racing ever" to attempt to increase sales.

CM's own president said in an interview something along the lines "The goal for the series is to make something that someone can turn a quick lap on, post it onto a leaderboard so they can see their name online and then move on because today's attention span among gamers is that of a rock"...those weren't the exact words, but that was the exact meaning.

The best racing sim companies have a passion about racing, same with any othe genre, and that leads to some pretty good titles. CM has a passion about profits.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every, single minute of it."
#3712601 - 01/05/13 06:36 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
Dervish Offline
Hotshot
Dervish  Offline
Hotshot

PopCap's Vacation Quest: Hawaiian Islands.

That POS would not allow you to create a new player.

FTX Global
#3712676 - 01/05/13 09:54 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Percival]  
BodyBag Offline
BodyBag  Offline

Denmark
Originally Posted By: Percival
Originally Posted By: BodyBag
I can't understand why so many people can regret buying so many games.

With all the previews, reviews, screenshots, "Let's play"-video's on every game that exists, people should know what they were getting.

I bought a lot of games in 2012 and knew EXACTLY what I was getting,- no regrets!

Up to a point I agree with you. The problem is the only truly reliable measure of a game's worth is user feedback in the forums (like this thread). Some reviews and previews (with honourable exceptions e.g. James Allen, SimHQ) tend to be over-favourable. This does not reflect a lack of independence so much as an understandable wish to give games the benefit of the doubt in their early life ("well it has it's faults but I'm sure if XY and Z are patched it will be a great sim etc." and of course sometimes that does actually happen). People often go for a game on release and that's when you tend to pay. My rules are to try the demo if there is one, wait for game reviews in the forums from people who have bought the game, then if it's bad wait to see if it gets patched and people change their mind about it. I broke my own rules with NWAC (demo was artfully issued after release) and was sorely disappointed.

A really interesting aspect of this thread is that some games seem to attract both negative and positive opinions e.g CM Fortress Italy, which I think is fantastic, took some criticism and of course sometimes it's down to individual taste and preoccupations whether a game is seen as good or bad.

I can only see it as laziness (don't do any research before buying), or stupidity.
I mean, some people lists more than 10 games,- how can anyone be so wrong in one year? And even several games in the same series!

Either they are compulsive buyers that just have to buy anything, or they have some very unrealistic expectations to a game. Or maybe they don't even know what kind of game they like.

For me, anything with "Fantasy"-elements in it is not interesting. That does not make Skyrim a bad game, but just a bad choice for me. But I know what I like (realism, history & great graphics), so I would never make that purchase, thous never have to regret it.

Last edited by BodyBag; 01/05/13 10:36 PM.

"In politics, stupidity is not a handicap"
- Napoleon Bonaparte -
#3712697 - 01/05/13 11:04 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: Mace71]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. There's not nearly enough screen time for Fluttershy.

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#3712700 - 01/05/13 11:25 PM Re: What game of 2012 have you regretted buying? [Re: NavyNuke99]  
Gopher Offline
Gopher  Offline

Midlands
Originally Posted By: NavyNuke99
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. There's not nearly enough screen time for Fluttershy.

I almost clicked on the "Contact Moderator" button. I still might...

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.