Forums » SimHQ Community » Community Hall » Wikipedia Nazis Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3674475 - 11/03/12 03:22 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
PV1 Offline
sometime mudslinger

Loc: Ladner, Wet Coast, Canada
There are lots of instances where WP steps in and stops
editorial nonsense. Lots of disputed histories get locked
to keep rival versions overwriting each other every hour.
I would think they would be prepared to knock down this guy.

#3674479 - 11/03/12 03:37 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
Snapdad2112 Offline
Hotshot

So basically this topic is titled incorrectly.

#3674483 - 11/03/12 03:55 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
LukeFF Offline
Lab Rat
Veteran

Loc: Riverside, California
Quote:
I can give you many instances where I was looking for information on Wikipedia only to be frustrated that there wasn't enough info on what I was looking, but I can't recall a single time where I was disappointed to find "too much information", as long as it was factual and directly relevant to the article.

Quote:
I understand the need for preventing vandalism and crap like that, but I've never understood the editors' desire to constantly REDUCE the amount of information that their site provides.

Exactly. The information he's cut out of these articles is stuff that is directly relevant to the game. Who wouldn't want to reference a Wiki entry to see what aircraft or maps are in a particular game? I'll never understand either this agenda about reducing the amount of relevant info available. And for that matter, there are lists galore all over Wikipedia. Why are lists on video game pages suddenly now seen as verboten? It makes zero sense.

As for reporting him, I'm going to wait and see what he does next. I don't feel the need to escalate anything yet.

#3674508 - 11/03/12 06:14 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
fatty Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
From the video game article guidelines:

Quote:
Inappropriate content

Below is a list of content that is generally considered beyond the scope of information of Wikipedia articles on video games and related video game topics.

6. Lists of gameplay items, weapons, or concepts. Specific point values, achievements and trophies, time-limits, levels, character moves, character weight classes, and so on are considered inappropriate. Sometimes a concise summary is appropriate if it is essential to understanding the game or its significance in the industry.
Based on: Wikipedia is not an indiscriminate collection of information: Plot summaries, Wikipedia is not a manual, guidebook, or textbook: Instruction manuals, Wikipedia is not a directory and Wikipedia's policy on undue weight

Just my two cents, but an exhaustive list of the game content would seem to be in contravention of this.

#3674510 - 11/03/12 06:37 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
Mace71 Offline
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran

Loc: Darlington, UK.

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle

#3674513 - 11/03/12 06:40 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
Husar Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Sometimes I just want a list of what weapons or vehicles or whatever are in a game before I buy it but there's nothing to be found.

Now I know why...

#3674530 - 11/03/12 07:25 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: Mace71]
Biggles07 Offline

Loc: Newcastle Upon Tyne, England.
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33

LOL....what a bellend. biggrin He's a 'Transhumanist', apparently. A devotee of 'Transfoolishness'. Trans-foolishness followers believe that one day, the Human race will transcend its normal limitations of foolishness and twatitude, to eventually achieve the exhalted and elevated status of "Hyper-Twats", and "Alpha-Fools" through the application of absolute nonsense and entirely fictitious twaddle.

The internet is full of "heid the baals", as we say. One called 'Kurfurst' might be familiar to old school IL2 players. There is History, and then there is Kurfstory, ("Kurfursts Story"). 'Kurfstory' is essentially a parallel universe in which nothing that actually happened in reality occurs, a dimension not of sight and sound, but of twisted mind. In this bizarre alternative reality, cogent, coherent arguments and factual truths are destroyed by a swirling maelstrom of Horsesh*t and entirely fabricated porkie pies, known as the "Kurf Horizon". Not a single true fact or reasonable point has ever been known to escape or survive its influence.

I just laugh at them. hahaha I've never bothered with wiki, and wouldn't know how to edit things even if I wanted to....which I definitely don't. Let em get on with it. Very sad, and they need to get out a bit more. smile

Sir Winston Churchill

#3674838 - 11/03/12 07:31 PM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
DaveP63 Online   cool

Loc: Indiana, USA
He is indeed a legend in his own mind, our Kurfurst is.

#3674951 - 11/04/12 03:00 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: Biggles07]
LukeFF Offline
Lab Rat
Veteran

Loc: Riverside, California
Originally Posted By: Biggles07
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33

LOL....what a bellend. biggrin He's a 'Transhumanist', apparently. A devotee of 'Transfoolishness'. Trans-foolishness followers believe that one day, the Human race will transcend its normal limitations of foolishness and twatitude, to eventually achieve the exhalted and elevated status of "Hyper-Twats", and "Alpha-Fools" through the application of absolute nonsense and entirely fictitious twaddle.

Yeah, he reminds me of those type of people who run homeowner's associations. He's gone off and told mommy (i.e., Wikipedia admins) he doesn't like me, but for now the article is how I want it to be. biggrin

#3674984 - 11/04/12 07:00 AM Re: Wikipedia Nazis [Re: LukeFF]
Husar Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Well, it seems he does follow the Wikipedia rules and you do not.

I do however wonder why they have these rules against item lists, since I consider item lists a good thing personally.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Jack Ryan universe question
by NH2112
17 minutes 30 seconds ago
A spooky coincidence
by HeinKill
Today at 04:03 AM
October 21st
by Timothy
Today at 01:47 AM
BBI-32 Button Box card question
by jenrick
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Its a good night
by Sim
Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Wanted Logitech Momo - UK
by Paradaz
Yesterday at 05:51 PM
Squadrons moving to BOS?
by metalnwood
Yesterday at 05:14 PM
WTB/T Track IR, Pedals, Saitek X-55 or CH Fighterstick+Throttl
e

by redpiano
Yesterday at 04:27 PM
Opinions, please..
by Fungezap
Yesterday at 04:07 PM
Doorkickers, what it is in pics...
by Magnum
Yesterday at 11:40 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.