Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
#3659269 - 10/09/12 08:27 AM Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

DUXFORD, UK, October 7th, 2012 - The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek are proud to announce the upcoming release of DCS: UH-1H Huey - the next aircraft in the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series of PC combat simulations. The Huey is one of the most iconic and well-known helicopters in the world. Having seen extensive service as a transport and armed combat support helicopter during the Vietnam War, the Huey continues to serve in both military and civilian roles in many countries around the globe today.

DCS: UH-1H Huey will feature the same exacting level of modelling detail as the existing Ka-50 Black Shark, A-10C Warthog and P-51D Mustang DCS aircraft and it will be online compatible with them. Working in close partnership with U.S. based UH-1 operators and experts, The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek have leveraged their unique skills and experience to provide the most dynamic and true to life helicopter experience available on the PC.

The UH-1H will be the first helicopter of conventional design featured in the DCS series and further demonstrates the broad scope of the DCS simulation environment and its ability to introduce a wide variety of aircraft from all eras into a common simulation platform. The UH-1H will also be the first DCS aircraft to offer multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner. Like previous DCS products, the UH-1H will include a variety of difficulty options to cater to users with different levels of flight simulation experience, including “Simulation” and “Game” playing modes.

DCS: UH-1H Huey will be available for pre-purchase later this year for $39.99.

For more information, please visit: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com.

Key Features of DCS: UH-1H Huey include:

Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic helicopter experience on the PC.

Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.

Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.

Interactive cockpit controls that allow players to operate systems using the mouse.

Accurate UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.

Detailed modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.

Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1 operators.

Missions that include transport and combat support operations.

Training that includes interactive and video lessons.

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

About The Fighter Collection

The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the U K. For more information, visit our website: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

About Belsimtek

Belsimtek is a Belorussian engineering and innovation company employing top class scientists and engineers from Belorussia, Russia, and Ukraine to create professional flight simulators and flight simulation computer games. For more information, visit our website: http://www.belsimtek.com/

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3659275 - 10/09/12 08:42 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

The more the merrier. Very interesting to see a hint at network aircrew. Considering it's a utility helicopter I'm curious how involved the utility aspects (transport, lift, medevac) will be.

#3659288 - 10/09/12 09:24 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Agreed with "the more the merrier" but unless CA and the battlefield commander role gets fleshed out more there is not a lot of use for a UH1H in the DCS world.

Now if you could transport troops, and move troops as well as provide logistics, well - the UH1H will be a great addition for those that like to fly but not nececarily be front line fighting like the KA

THough if logistics is going to be brought into the game with the possability of moving assets around the map via air, then i would presume that the Chinook or something similar would be a more versatile craft

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#3659316 - 10/09/12 10:57 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
So it looks like the H model covers the end of the Vietnam period.

Taking the Huey as a base - which other helos spring to mind as successors for ED to build? I'm hoping for at least a cobra.

#3659317 - 10/09/12 10:59 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Domestos Offline
Domestos  Offline

Bingham UK
I'm looking forward to this cos it's a Huey... but I really don't think they "get it". As Bogus points out it's got no realistic role in DCS as it standes. DCS world is a disparate collection of seemingly random Aircraft in a very small theatre. The only scenario that makes any sense to me is SU25's supporting Hogs with a SEAD loadout, but then they got no (human) fighter cover and I found folk don't like mixing the "simple" Frogfoot with the "Realasitgets" Hog. I know plans are afoot to add new stuff, but I will be too old to press the buttons by the time DCS becomes an Experience(TM). It actually feels like a Military training aid... technically astounding but ultimately no fun. I wonder why?

I'd like to see a fusion between Arma2 and DCS, flying a heli there is FUN and CHALLENGING even though the interior graphics and flight modelling are diabolical.

I can't stop myself buying DCS products, but I'm always left feeling a bit dissapointed after the first couple of goes.

Hmmphh

#3659321 - 10/09/12 11:06 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: bogusheadbox]  
Fudge93 Offline
Fudge93  Offline

England
If they did add in logistics I would be very interested in this, though the £25 price tag will make me think a bit before jumping into it. (I still need to learn how to use the A10 and the shark)

Originally Posted By: bogusheadbox
Agreed with "the more the merrier" but unless CA and the battlefield commander role gets fleshed out more there is not a lot of use for a UH1H in the DCS world.

Now if you could transport troops, and move troops as well as provide logistics, well - the UH1H will be a great addition for those that like to fly but not nececarily be front line fighting like the KA

THough if logistics is going to be brought into the game with the possability of moving assets around the map via air, then i would presume that the Chinook or something similar would be a more versatile craft

combtpilot.co.uk
#3659327 - 10/09/12 11:14 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Floydii Offline
Floydii  Offline

Australia
I probably won't buy this given that the UH-1H holds no interest for me.

However..

The mention of multiple crew positions and multi-crewed aircraft in MP is, for me, the most significant information in this post.

Roll on the AH-64 and F-15E I say.

#3659332 - 10/09/12 11:28 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: Domestos]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Originally Posted By: Domestos
DCS world is a disparate collection of seemingly random Aircraft in a very small theatre.

1 x western CAS, 1 x eastern CAS
1 x eastern attack chopper
1 x WW2 western warbird

1 x western transport helo

Its getting harder to see the DCS "plan" from their roadmap (from the releases so far....)

Last edited by coolts; 10/09/12 01:08 PM.

i7 6700k | 16gb DDR4|Geforce GTX980|M2 SSD |27” & 2 x 24” | TrackIR 5| HOTAS WARTHOG (SERIAL 0273)| CH PRO Pedals USB |2 x Cougar MFD’s and a partridge in a pear tree
#3659333 - 10/09/12 11:28 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: Domestos]  
PMIK Offline
PMIK  Offline

I'm looking forward to this cos it's a Huey... but I really don't think they "get it". As Bogus points out it's got no realistic role in DCS as it standes. DCS world is a disparate collection of seemingly random Aircraft in a very small theatre. The only scenario that makes any sense to me is SU25's supporting Hogs with a SEAD loadout, but then they got no (human) fighter cover and I found folk don't like mixing the "simple" Frogfoot with the "Realasitgets" Hog. I know plans are afoot to add new stuff, but I will be too old to press the buttons by the time DCS becomes an Experience(TM). It actually feels like a Military training aid... technically astounding but ultimately no fun. I wonder why?

Yeah all good points. It would be nice if ED was a little more frank with their long term goals, but perhaps they don't want to promise anything until they know they can deliver. A dynamic campaign has been hinted at, and we see these glimpses in CA, random mission generator and resource managment etc. but there doesn't seem to be any attempt to actually unify the various modules.

I don't think any of us are complaining that we get some amazing, high fidelity simulated machines. There's nothing quite like working your way through the flight manual and learning the ins and outs of these aircraft. However, I think the emptiness you are feeling comes from the fact that these aircarft are plugged into a generic (but amazing) world and not a world created for that particular aircraft and its role in the battlefield.

I am still optimistic though, that I won't have crippling arthritis by the time the DCS:world "world" is fleshed out.

#3659337 - 10/09/12 11:33 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: coolts]  
PMIK Offline
PMIK  Offline

Originally Posted By: coolts
DCS world is a disparate collection of seemingly random Aircraft in a very small theatre.

1 x western CAS, 1 x eastern CAS
1 x eastern attack chopper
1 x WW2 western warbird

1 x western trsnaport helo

Its getting harder to see the DCS "plan" from their roadmap (from the releases so far....)

Each announcement suggests that they are looking for different types of flight dynamics to model in order to encourage more 3rd party developers.

#3659344 - 10/09/12 11:40 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
redpiano Offline
redpiano  Offline

Isn't the UH-1H the original old Vietnam era helicopter that's now only used by news crews?

Why the hell do we need that?

#3659345 - 10/09/12 11:41 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Don't forget that this is a 3rd party module. It's not being made by ED, it's beeing made by Belsimtek, with cooperation from ED.

I see this more like a test platform for Belsimtek, like T-2 for Razbam and BD-5 for Iris, and a platform to test the multi seat co op.

Last edited by Remon; 10/09/12 11:43 AM.
#3659348 - 10/09/12 11:42 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Vitesse Offline
Vitesse  Offline

Devon UK
I admit it's hard to 'see' the announced aircraft as part of release strategy - probably makes more sense if the 3rd party projects are included, though.

In a couple of years (if all the promised projects get released) it'll be a moot point.

Reminds me of the limited plane set that ROF shipped with.

#3659351 - 10/09/12 11:43 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
You all realise this isn't by ED right? It is a 3rd party Product, from Belsimtek. And yes, it is as detailed as any previous DCS module.

Nate

#3659353 - 10/09/12 11:43 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
redpiano Offline
redpiano  Offline

Oh if it's third party.

:cry: I want an APACHE!

#3659356 - 10/09/12 11:45 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Nate, do you know if the future update they're talking about in the announcement will be an update for the Huey or an update for DCSW?

#3659361 - 10/09/12 11:48 AM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
No idea sorry.

Nate

#3659406 - 10/09/12 12:53 PM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Has DCS released an SDK that incorporates their advanced flight model? If so, then yes, this strikes me as more of a stepping-stone/proof-of-concept project to serve as an example to other devs.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

#3659418 - 10/09/12 01:08 PM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

sold...what were you guys complaining about again?

#3659425 - 10/09/12 01:14 PM Re: Announcement: DCS: UH-1H Huey [Re: citizen guod]  
coolts Offline
coolts  Offline

Bristol, England
Not complaining from my end just confused. As I re-read, its 3rd party. This wasn’t made clear in the announcement. (I wonder if there’s going to be some kind of internal quality control for all these 3rd party add-ons as they are getting the “DCS” label).

More birds to fly has to be a good thing as long as they aren’t all re-skinned FC aircraft/FM’s

Personally, I’ve been waiting 2 years for the Nevada map to come out. ………

i7 6700k | 16gb DDR4|Geforce GTX980|M2 SSD |27” & 2 x 24” | TrackIR 5| HOTAS WARTHOG (SERIAL 0273)| CH PRO Pedals USB |2 x Cougar MFD’s and a partridge in a pear tree
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.