Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#3654053 - 10/01/12 03:27 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Well, TBH how many of us actually believed we'd see a "definitive" patch that would fix every problem CloD had? Let's face it, this thing was an alpha. We now will have a "late beta," but the "final" CloD will be its planes/terrain/missions included in the sequel.

This is really the situation I expected. After well over a year it's too late for me to feel any emotions about it.

I will get the sequel or not based on its merits (ie reviews, content, etc) and just chalk up CloD as "should not have preordered".

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3654127 - 10/01/12 05:11 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Does this mean i win the bet?

Luthier- "The situation sucks. I see no reason to sugarcoat it with bull. I don't want to go make empty promises or try to prove that black is white. We released a faulty game. We did more than even seemed possible to fix its faults and add improvements, but in the end it was not enough. There has to come a point where we begin to focus on the future, and Cliffs of Dover just becomes something we can all learn from"

Seems that's the lot for COD, game over. I wouldn't expect the release version of the patch to add anything else of note from what we have now. The last hope is the sequel fixes some issues, but that's a long way off even if we get that far.
Notice how Luthier does not rule out a MMO.

you should go and read some of the other il2/CoD forums, its been publicly announced about 9 months ago they wouldnt keep working on CoD and have moved onto working on the next release (BoM), hence all the hoopla and hollering from those of lesser faith. what they have tried to do is work the major gfx engine rewrite into the patch releases for CoD, and were going to provide one last big patch to try and address some of the main issues they can solve without loosing to much time on it. luthier has made very plain statements to that effect before xmass 2011, it not new news, but he just put it more bluntly recently (and stated the AI and AI commands etc would need major work and cant be done quickly for CoD as they initially might have hoped for)

frustrating for us yes, but if it means we get a BoM with most long awaited fixes and working features, which can then be used as a "update" for CoD (basically a merger with the sequel) then so be it, we just have to wait longer but can still hope to get a decent ww2 aviation sim in the end

Be advised, we got zips in the wire
#3654141 - 10/01/12 05:26 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: Bobbi]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Bobbi
I think its time everyone finaly move to War Thunder forum, as it is currently the only hope for a proper -working- sim to come.

I would rather not settle for an arcade game not while COD online is still a great deal of fun biggrin

#3654276 - 10/01/12 07:46 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
RocketDog Offline
RocketDog  Offline

Bath, England
I hope the devs can find suitable employment in future. Perhaps in the franchised catering or house cleaning industries?

Beyond gliding distance
#3654493 - 10/02/12 02:34 AM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Does this mean i win the bet?

Luthier-

"The situation sucks. I see no reason to sugarcoat it with bull. I don't want to go make empty promises or try to prove that black is white. We released a faulty game. We did more than even seemed possible to fix its faults and add improvements, but in the end it was not enough. There has to come a point where we begin to focus on the future, and Cliffs of Dover just becomes something we can all learn from"

Seems that's the lot for COD, game over. I wouldn't expect the release version of the patch to add anything else of note from what we have now.

The last hope is the sequel fixes some issues, but that's a long way off even if we get that far.
Notice how Luthier does not rule out a MMO.

WOW...thats a stretch. You'd have to go back and edit your bet post to have any chance of winning. Our bet was whether or not the CTD issue would be fixed in the graphic/performance patch which still hasn't been finalized as they decided not to send it to Steam until they finished the RC patch. My sense so far is that the CTD issue has been fixed by the graphic/performance beta patches for most people, although I will allow you to call it a draw if you find anyone else other Icarus thats still having them. wink

The devs have rewritten the Sound Engine, Graphic Engine, and assorted FM, engine management, and other issues etc. since the release. They are currently rewriting the GUI, AI, etc, but unfortunately it appears financial stress has forced them release the Sequel with those fixes. Standalone COD is dead, the Battle of Britain Channel Map should live and prosper with fixes and new features in the Sequel. Unless of course you think the devs will make no further progress by the time the Sequel is released or the game engine will automatically revert back to the 2012 version when you fly the Channel map. Hopefully the Sequel will be successful, and the devs will go on building content that would rival IL-2 1946 on a new more complex game engine.

Personally I have little interest in flying now-a-days. I don't know if its the poor state of COD or I've outlived my taste for gaming. In the mean time I did buy the 19 dollar version of WarThunder, but most of the offline stuff is locked out. Hopefully WarThunder will rekindle my gaming interest atleast until COD is fixed in the Sequel. By the way...@Bobbi...if you want to be a spokesperson for WarThunder, people might take you more seriously if your posts are more balanced. Do what I do, read whatever NuggetX says and do the opposite. wink

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3654559 - 10/02/12 06:39 AM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

If you like Chivas, im not bothered about the bet anyway, just like you im not flying anymore and that's the real issue. Lets hope when ever BOM is released it rekindles our interest, i do miss it.

#3654565 - 10/02/12 07:27 AM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
If you like Chivas, im not bothered about the bet anyway, just like you im not flying anymore and that's the real issue. Lets hope when ever BOM is released it rekindles our interest, i do miss it.

Yes, I miss the guys of JG27, CIA, and other squads. I thought I was only flying for a couple of hours in the evening and I'd be shocked to realize it was 4am when I shut down. It was fun and intense at the same time.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3654567 - 10/02/12 07:31 AM Re: Chivas? [Re: Robusti]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Icarus1
Yes I still have them and now there is the SLI crash, which is even worse. According to the 1C poll there are at least 41 people who still get crashes.

Do you have a link Icarus, I couldn't find the poll at IC. I would be interested to see the results, systems, and any possible correlation.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3654640 - 10/02/12 12:44 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: Robusti]  
rootango Offline
rootango  Offline

everywhere
Yes I still have them and now there is the SLI crash, which is even worse. According to the 1C poll there are at least 41 people who still get crashes.

SLI has never been claimed to be working in CoD, so dont use it

why turn something on for your system when you play CoD when you know it doesnt work ?

Be advised, we got zips in the wire
#3654652 - 10/02/12 01:07 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
What a waste of money purchasing CLOD was.

Should have known better -the indicators were there.

1. No pre-release reviews
2. No demo
3. Published by UBI

Then there were the post release reviews that seemed to be more as if written by the UBI marketing department rather than written to give the consumer an honest review of the product.

Then we're expected to pay for expansions that MIGHT get the sim working properly. Yeah... no.

I guess us flight simmers are beggars that should just be grateful we get anything at all eh?

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
#3654811 - 10/02/12 04:44 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Yes, but with these patches they've lowered the graphics so much you don't NEED SLI.

I have a single 570 and I run at 1920x1080 at max detail with no real FPS issues (so far, granted I've not got enough time in the new patch yet for definitive).

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3654973 - 10/02/12 08:30 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: Jedi Master]  
JG52Krupi Offline
JG52Krupi  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Yes, but with these patches they've lowered the graphics so much you don't NEED SLI.

What a load of BS

#3655007 - 10/02/12 09:25 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: JG52Krupi]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

A quote from luthier over at the Russian forums:

5. Will the fixed mirrors on British planes?
Almost managed to shove in the release candidate, decided not to delay it because of the mirrors. Planned (though I think it is purely cosmetic show-off, a mirror for gameplay rarely helps)

Seriously - is this guy even interested in flight sims?

#3655077 - 10/02/12 10:49 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Mirrors were basically useless. If you saw an a/c in a mirror, you saw who shot you down.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#3655103 - 10/02/12 11:14 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: Robusti]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master

I have a single 570 and I run at 1920x1080 at max detail with no real FPS issues (so far, granted I've not got enough time in the new patch yet for definitive).

The Jedi Master

Yes I know, its not a performance issue, SLI has never worked on CoD. But it did not crash every time when CoD started. I dialed it back to before patch and it runs fine except for the usual crashes in the middle of a mission that also occur in the new patch. I am waiting for the Steam patch, and if this is not fixed in that patch, its off my hard drive for good.

Also over at 1C some people are complaining of the same problem with no SLI enabled. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34703

The thread is very short, and some of the Launcher exe problems are download related. If you use WinZip, it can cause install problems if you don't "unblock" the file, on some Windows operating systems. I checked out the poll you mentioned it was taken before the last patch and there were five people having crashes every time they played, and thirty something having them rarely. Although I think the poll was poorly worded and there could be people experiencing crashes more often. It would be interesting to see a poll after this patch, and the final patch.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3655522 - 10/03/12 03:12 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Makes you wonder what that launcher is doing when it dies just from DETECTING it.

Also, anyone else find it odd that "launcher" is the only .exe? Not "Il2" or "il2clod" or "bob"?

The Jedi Master

#3655722 - 10/03/12 07:46 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
RickRuski Offline
RickRuski  Offline

New Zealand
Sli has always worked for me with C.o.D. (although there has never been official support for it) it has only been the latest beta patch that is causing the CTD. A lot of people are saying why bother with Sli, here are some reasons: -

Better performance by adding an extra card (if the m/b supports it).
Less stress on the graphics cards.
Cards run very much cooler with Sli.
A lot of single cards are running near 80--90% of max, Sli cards 50--60% (hence the cooler running).
And we have an option that a lot of others don't, we can use Sli or single card setup.

Why would anyone in their right mind build a new system and not have a multi card option with the mother board.

My son runs a single Gtx 560 Ti in his system, here in NZ $400-00
I run 2 x Gts 450's in Sli, here in NZ $380-00 for both
My system out performs his easily.

I now have the option of going single or Sli, he doesn't.
My fps are much better than his and the sim runs smoother than his.

So folks don't knock Sli until you have tried it, you won't know what you are missing until you do try it.

Last edited by RickRuski; 10/03/12 07:56 PM. Reason: more text
#3656801 - 10/05/12 07:42 AM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Robb Offline
Robb  Offline

Canada
I love SLI, been using it for years and never had a issue but its been useless in this game.
Sure I can almost double my FPS but I get artifacts/glitches ...its been awful.

Intel 980X @ 4.2GHz / EVGA Classified X-58 / EVGA GTX 780SC / Corsair Dominator GT 12GB(2000) / Corsair HX1050 / Corsair H100 / Corsair 800D / Samsung 840 Evo 250GB / Crucial M4 256GB / Sound Blaster Z / TrackIR 4 & Track Clip Pro / Logitech G940-G25-G19-G9x / Acer HN274H 120hz / Win 8 Pro 64-Bit
#3657115 - 10/05/12 04:59 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Two cards running less slowly still burn more electricity and therefore cause more heat from your PSU than one card.

As for the supposed amount of time the card will last, how long do you keep your video card?? I've had cards up to 3 years and never had one fail on me. I've passed them on to others and found out from them that they later on DID fail at maybe the 4-5 year mark, but who keeps a video card that long? By that time they're 3-4 generations behind and need to be replaced.

As for what I'm missing...I'm missing extra headaches with setup, needing configs for individual games, bugs in games that single card users don't have (like this one!), and of course the bigger electric bill. biggrin When my card doesn't cut it any longer, I buy the next one! My GTX570 is over 18 months old and still blows away anything I've thrown at it @1920x1080/max detail except Metro 2033. But that game is a monster.

The Jedi Master

#3657125 - 10/05/12 05:06 PM Re: Chivas? [Re: Robb]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Robb
I love SLI, been using it for years and never had a issue but its been useless in this game.
Sure I can almost double my FPS but I get artifacts/glitches ...its been awful.

It is awful in most cases, but features in a beta test in a unfinished sim can quite often be awful. Lets see what SLI looks like after the official Steam release. Nvidia should provide a profile sometime after that. I can't see Nvidia or AMD wasting time trying to build a profile before the devs release the final rewrite of the graphic engine.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.