Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3647713 - 09/20/12 05:40 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
James McKenzie-Smith Offline
James McKenzie-Smith  Offline

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
No offense, but if LOTR is your *most hated movie* then you may need to give up on movies.

The question was what is one's most hated movie, not which was the worst that one has seen. The Siege of Firebase Gloria was possibly the worst non-MST3K film that I have seen to the end, although I have walked out on or stopped others that were likely worse. That said, I hated LOTR a lot more than Firebase Gloria, although LOTR was unquestionably better film making in virtually all ways.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3647731 - 09/20/12 06:03 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
Snake_Pliskinn Offline
Snake_Pliskinn  Offline

Enterprise, AL
Perhaps not most hated, but found it extremely embarrassing.....FIREBIRDS

Accckkkkk. Our company was at San Bernadino (Norton AFB I think was the name). Going to Fort Irwin NTC and waiting for our aircraft to be reassembled for the flight up to the exercise 'box'. Was the same Friday on which Firebirds was opening in theaters. Our company commander decided to take whoever in the company that wanted to see the movie and so, in uniform, we all piled into the back of a 5 ton truck and drove off to the nearest movie theater. Well, people at the movie thought it was some sort of promotional tie-in. After suffering through that wretched movie, groaning at large parts of it, we abashedly got back on the truck and went back to Norton. Of course, dreck dialogue from that movie was occasionally heard over the aircraft radios for the remainder of the 1 month deployment...accompanied by groaning...lol.

EDIT: Though, I must confess, Tommy Lee Jones did a passable job in playing me... hahaha

Last edited by Snake_Pliskinn; 09/20/12 06:08 PM.
#3647733 - 09/20/12 06:06 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Snake_Pliskinn]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Snake_Pliskinn

Accckkkkk. Our company was at San Bernadino (Norton AFB I think was the name). Going to Fort Irwin NTC and waiting for our aircraft to be reassembled for the flight up to the exercise 'box'. Was the same Friday on which Firebirds was opening in theaters. Our company commander decided to take whoever in the company that wanted to see the movie and so, in uniform, we all piled into the back of a 5 ton truck and drove off to the nearest movie theater. Well, people at the movie thought it was some sort of promotional tie-in. After suffering through that wretched movie, groaning at large parts of it, we abashedly got back on the truck and went back to Norton. Of course, dreck dialogue from that movie was occasionally heard over the aircraft radios for the remainder of the 1 month deployment...accompanied by groaning...lol.

Oh wow, some well known actors were in it too!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/

Oh look, Dale Dye was in it. Is there any war movie this guy has not been in? biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3647742 - 09/20/12 06:11 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Snake_Pliskinn Offline
Snake_Pliskinn  Offline

Enterprise, AL
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Snake_Pliskinn

Oh wow, some well known actors were in it too!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099575/

Oh look, Dale Dye was in it. Is there any war movie this guy has not been in? biggrin

No.

Whenever somebody screwed up flying, we'd tell them they needed more time wearing underwear on their head. You have had to see the movie to understand that:)

#3647753 - 09/20/12 06:22 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Any of the odd numbered Star Trek movies. Number 1 being the worst. Not exactly "hate" just disappointment from a Star Trek fan.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#3647765 - 09/20/12 06:45 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I've always liked ST: The Motion Picture but can understand why so many fans don't care for it. The director's cut with the CGI added is even better!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#3647766 - 09/20/12 06:47 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
2GvSAP_Mohawk Offline
2GvSAP_Mohawk  Offline

NuJerzee, USA
A lot of bad movies to pick from, but for me it is "Never say never again." Being a huge James Bond and Sir Sean Connery fan, I was left dumbfounded that he could partake in such a total turd of a movie. jamesbond I hardly ever missed 14 days of 007 marathon on TNT/TBS, but always skipped this movie.

Last edited by 2GvSAP_Mohawk; 09/20/12 06:50 PM.
#3647793 - 09/20/12 07:46 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
Duchess Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Duchess  Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')

Ontariariooo
I hated:

Avatar (Just terrible in general)

But U-571 is a disatser and rated highest on my hated movies list. Pear Harbour was terrible, but U-571 is just plain hateful.

As a side note, 'Drive' is easily on my top 5 movies list. I loved it, there are so many things about that movie that are just incredible.

#3647817 - 09/20/12 08:37 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I've always liked ST: The Motion Picture but can understand why so many fans don't care for it. The director's cut with the CGI added is even better!

Same here, but partly because I remember when it came out and being so excited to see ST on the big screen. Definitely different, but I liked the treatment it got. Got a blu-ray set of the first several movies, but I don't think it's got the content your dvd does for some reason.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#3647847 - 09/20/12 09:41 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Hmmm, my candidates:

Avatar. Every thing about the plot was crap. And I'll always side with the Cavalry over the Indians. Should have just brought out some nerve gas or the equivalent and just cleaned them out, which is what should have happened using the Americans people are evil, anybody else murderous backwards aliens are good template. The crime is that they had everything for a good frontier western film going for it and they tried for glorification of the Little Big Horn.

Okay, keep chuckling Super Smurfs, we know the ending score on the Indian Wars, and here's what happened:

Click to reveal..
The Indians lost. As in damned near everything and in every way they could possibly lose.

And that's a very good thing, since the alternative to us was the Spanish (see the disfunction of Central and South America for why that's a bad thing) or the French (see any number of colonies from the Ivory Coast to Vietnam) that would have pushed them aside. Off chance that the Chinese or the Russians might have had a go at them....still better to be utterly defeated by us than them.

Films should provoke thought - Avatar just pissed me off.

Some I wish I could pass judgement on:

Dances With Wolves. I tried. Really, I tried to watch this movie. It's like Jim has snuck out of the helicopter to shoot me with a tranquilizer dart so that Marlin and he can tag and release the DVD into its natural habitat unscathed. I am zero for four in attempting to stay awake through the first half hour of the thing.

Hope Floats. Okay, I didn't really try to watch this movie. It is remarkable in that it is the only film that physically repelled me from the room with the sensation that my testicles were trying to ascend to protect my functioning as a man. I did see the ending by accident and shouted at the screen that it was a huge, evil waste of time.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#3647854 - 09/20/12 09:51 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

I've not seen every movie that I could potentially hate, of course- I've never seen Avatar, I can't comment on it. I've never seen The Room, either, a film notoriously so bad that it gets more publicity than it should have- just so that people can see how bad it is, it's become a cult favorite. What's more, supposedly the director operates under the pretense it was his intention to make a crappy movie all long. You may have not heard of it, but the clips have millions of views on Youtube

No one gets out of here alive.

#3647858 - 09/20/12 09:57 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Arthonon]  
FrontierProject Offline
low-spec system simmer
FrontierProject  Offline
low-spec system simmer

Smalltown Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Arthonon

If anyone cares, below is a list of my issues with Avatar (some are just nitpicks):

Click to reveal..

The story is weak and recycled. Essentially Dances With Wolves as has been pointed out many times before.

The characters are cardboard cutouts and broad stereotypes lacking any subtlety (cranky scientist, greedy corporate guys driven only by money, blood-thirsty military/mercenaries).

Not only are the characters themselves clich, the tribe and tribal life are right out of a billion other movies. Their language and accents are also taken right from every other primitive tribe shown in movies.

The dialog fits the characters, and is horrifically bad.

Unobtanium nuff said.

If Eywa is the mother planet, and all living things are linked together, why does Pandora have so many ruthless carnivorous predators?

How is it that the hair around the queue is so perfectly braided?

If Norm has had over 500 hours of link time, what was he linked to? His avatar matured on the flight out, and theyre very expensive (or so were told), so it would be surprising if they made him another one.

In the first outing by Jake in his avatar, when hes lost and theyre looking for him in the aircraft, 1) it seems like they would have had a meeting place in case they were separated, or some way of finding where he went (he was on foot how far could he go?). 2) Theyre very somber and act as though hell be dead by morning, but hes lying in a pod back at base and as we see later, killing his avatar would do no harm to him. 3) Since he is in a pod back at base, why couldnt they radio base to wake him up for a minute, ask him where he is, then go get him?

In the climactic battle, why does Eywa wait until so many creatures are killed before coming to everyones rescue?

Why are so many animals blue? There seems to be very little in the environment that is blue, they would stand out against the forest/jungle colors and be easy prey.

Why do the Na'vi only have two arms and two legs, but most other creatures have six limbs?

The graphics quality varies greatly, from looking very realistic to looking like a video game.

don't forget, today we have fighters dropping JDAMs and all manner of smartbombs, and we're supposed to believe that in the age of interstellar travel this will evolve to throwing crates of C4 out of cargo bays?

Last edited by FrontierProject; 09/20/12 10:06 PM.

"Burn them all."
--------------
Intel Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
Sparkle Geforce GTX460
#3647897 - 09/20/12 10:45 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Mace71]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33

I can't watch the LOTR films anyone due to Elijah Wood's emo hobbit impression, over the years it's just annoyed me more and more lol.

I agree on that part. The Sam/Frodo relationship just got way too emo. On the other hand, every Gandalf/Legolas/Gimli scene since the start of the chasing of the Orcs across Rohan is great! The dynamics between those three were just so much better written than the Sam/Frodo relationship.

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#3647902 - 09/20/12 10:51 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: semmern]  
Jayhawk Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Jayhawk  Offline
Silastic Armorfiend
Hotshot

Docking Bay 94
Originally Posted By: semmern
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33

I can't watch the LOTR films anyone due to Elijah Wood's emo hobbit impression, over the years it's just annoyed me more and more lol.

I agree on that part. The Sam/Frodo relationship just got way too emo. On the other hand, every Gandalf/Legolas/Gimli scene since the start of the chasing of the Orcs across Rohan is great! The dynamics between those three were just so much better written than the Sam/Frodo relationship.

I have to admit that whenever I re-watch Two Towers and Return of the King I skip over the Frodo/Sam scenes.

The rest of those movies is incredible. Viggo Mortensen pretty much nailed the Aragon character, and as you've mentioned, great chemistry between all the other actors.

I never did like Sean Astin (getting on my nerves since "Memphis Belle"), and Elijah Wood...meh. Even worse than Tobey Maguire. biggrin

Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
#3647908 - 09/20/12 11:00 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
reconmercs Offline
reconmercs  Offline

an island
Red State...worst. movie. EVER

#3647915 - 09/20/12 11:07 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
Navigator Offline
Hotshot
Navigator  Offline
Hotshot

Mn U.S.A.
men in black

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
#3647921 - 09/20/12 11:17 PM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
tomcat Offline
tomcat  Offline

Halifax, NS, Canada
Summer Catch. (Drops mic)

#3647973 - 09/21/12 01:29 AM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
HogDriver Offline
Retired Flight Simmer
HogDriver  Offline
Retired Flight Simmer

Wow this is really hard. Usually if I don't like a movie, I turn it off and don't really think about it anymore.

I really dislike propaganda films, where the whole point of the film is push an agenda with not much (if any) respect to truth.

I'd probably have to go with "The Phantom Menace" too. I wasn't a big Star Wars fan before that movie, but I did enjoy watching the original trilogy and owned several Star Wars toys as a kid. (I think they were all gifts) Phantom Menace completely destroyed Star Wars for me. I can't even stand to be around Star Wars fans anymore, and I used to be friends with a really hardcore one.

Not even the new Transformers movies had a bigger impact on something I liked as a kid.

I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

#3647998 - 09/21/12 02:22 AM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
aRareKindOfMonster Offline
aRareKindOfMonster  Offline

Gee... what a bunch of daisies...!

You don't know horror until you've watched 'Pret a Porter'... Damn... I only went to see that stupid thing - back in 1996? - because I was dating that chick and she was into those 'fancy' movies. Golly! What a pile of pants!!!!!!!
The gal was fit... thank goodness... that's what saved the bacon.

#3648009 - 09/21/12 02:40 AM Re: Your most hated movie [Re: Kontakt5]  
arthur666 Offline
Pitbull Tickler
arthur666  Offline
Pitbull Tickler

NC, USA
Oohh Nice thread! lots of good(bad) movies in here...

I'm gonna go with Godzilla, the one with Matthew Broderick.

Also, I'll give Inception a dishonorable mention.

System Vitals: Intel i5 9600, RTX2060, 16GB DDR3000(OC), Win10 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52, Logitech G27
Current Sims: MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa, StrikeFighters2, IL2:BoS etc, Arma3, American Truck Simulator, SnowRunner
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.