Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
#3666746 - 10/21/12 03:49 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document ***** [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I have good news and bad news regarding the DLL...

GOOD NEWS: It works perfectly! Here's the source and run files...
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/Test.zip

And here's the complete code:

C++
==========
// VBTest.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application.
//

#include "stdafx.h"

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule,
DWORD ul_reason_for_call,
LPVOID lpReserved
)
{
return TRUE;
}

int
__stdcall
test(int n)
{
return n *= n;
}
----------

VB6
==========
Option Explicit

Private Declare Function test Lib "VBTest" _
(ByVal num As Integer) As Integer

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim num As Integer
num = Val(Text1)
Label1 = test(num)
End Sub
----------

Enter an integer into the textbox, press the button and the square is returned to the label:
n *= n is same as n = n * n

BAD NEWS: Conditionals and loops still don't work.

I tried different Integer types, extern "C" {, different OSs (Win98), everything else I know of, nothing. The kicker is that nowhere have I read about a DLL working in limited cases, it either works or it doesn’t. And mine works, it squares the integer perfectly every time! smile The rest I chalk up to inexperience in C++, I'll revisit this problem when I have more experience.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3666993 - 10/21/12 06:15 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Doing some experimenting, something I don't think you'll ever get out of VB6...

This is the Blitz3D demo...
http://blitzbasic.com/Products/blitz3d.php

...running one of the samples on my Win7x64 DirectX11 [laptop] w/Intel graphics. Even with DirectX7 emulation that water motion is as smooth as it is on Win98/2000! Even at full screen and max resolution (1366 x 768) it's still silky smooth, the movement, mouse panning, everything...all silky smooth. And this is way more graphics than I'm looking to do, at least initially.

I believe the demo may be an older build though, it takes a couple of seconds to load (w/progress bar), the full version loads instantaneously.

EDIT: I forgot a video is on YouTube...

Last edited by MarkG; 10/21/12 08:14 PM.
#3667011 - 10/21/12 06:55 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
ataribaby Offline
ataribaby  Offline

Liberec, Czech Republic
Hi very interesting thread. Loved F-19 on C64 and Spectrum. I used Blitz3D some decade ago and i recomend you check this:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?id=2000&m=view_product&page=free

its free and supports shaders and DX9. Syntax is bit strange but you can get used with that after while.

#3667046 - 10/21/12 08:03 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Around six months ago I tried the different game making packages, including DarkBASIC. Some were obviously over my head (i.e. Torque) while others were too simple (I don't recall which). I even flirted with C# (bought a couple of books for 2005 and 2008) w/Unity.

On paper DarkBASIC blows Blitz3D away (and for being a 230MB download vs. Blitz3D 20MB [full version] it SHOULD) and I really wanted to like this program, but with three PCs and as many OSs I found DarkBASIC unstable and quirky. Blitz3D is the Terminator, it cannot be killed! Well, except for two samples that simply won't run on Win7 (the moving grass demo and something else, I forget...something about the way sprites are coded which isn't compatible). Otherwise, B3D is rock-solid stable, but I found DB to be less so.

But that was six months ago and I believe it was a demo, looks like they're trying to iron out the bugs now ...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=193289&b=1

"We have decided to hire an ace programmer to fix twenty of your most annoying issues..."

...so I may give it another chance before I get too far in my game. You certainly can't beat the price (and I remember all the nickel and dime add-ons they were selling). Looks like they're making their money now on a cross-platform option, fair enough.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#3667195 - 10/22/12 02:20 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Quick rundown after about 30 min. of playing with DarkBASIC Pro...

- Needs DirectX9 to run on Win7 (or possibly the latest version?), didn't bother.
- Ran fine on XP laptop after updating to latest version of DirectX9 (my fault).
- Requires e-mail to receive activation code (ok, it's free...I'll play along).
- Displays commercials advertising at bottom of IDE if connected online (not too intrusive but I'd rather have the screen space).
- No crashes.

If I needed more than Blitz3D's capabilities I'd give DB Pro a REAL test drive for consideration, which is more than I would have done 6 months ago. Maybe I was trying the original non-Pro version? But I don't so I'll stick with B3D as it's been completly no-hassle on Win2000/XP/7x64 and it's just so blazingly fast! The water demo above takes literally less than 1 second to compile and run, and that's in Debug Mode! I thought it might not really be compiling so I edited the code, but it was just as fast. Speed is addicting.

BTW, I think I was mistaken about the B3D demo not compiling, I believe it compiles before it runs, you just can't create an executable.

#3667224 - 10/22/12 03:25 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted By: MarkG
- Requires e-mail to receive activation code (ok, it's free...I'll play along).

When I logged onto CompuServe to get the activation code I noticed PMs from SimHQ. My apologies to everyone who's sent me a PM that's gone unanswered, I'm responding right now.

#3667269 - 10/22/12 05:24 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Surreal. <do-do-do-do do-do-do-do> The Twilight Zone smile

I believe this thread has run its course. I'll start a new one on Nov. 1 on this board (Air Combat - General: Modern Era) to actually begin development of RFS: F-19. I'll try my very best to post any personal stuff' in Community Hall and keep the thread stream-lined on the game's development.

The sun is in the east
#3667297 - 10/22/12 07:29 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
ataribaby Offline
ataribaby  Offline

Liberec, Czech Republic
Well, Yes, Blitz is far easier to get started. I just do not like support. Seems pretty dead as there were few bugs with textures and so on last time i used it. TBH just select what fits you best and enjoy dev. Looking forward to result. Just want vote for 3d cockpit even in retro style. It realy adds immersion. I am code dev on BMS Falcon and i joined that show nearly 9 years ago just cos to make 3d pit better. Yes i am maybe biased towards 3d pit. If you want halp PM me. I can try model some F19 3d pit proposals based on orignal game and artwork in 8bit version manual or Testor/Italieri 1/48 kit.

#3667494 - 10/22/12 04:52 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
Surreal. <do-do-do-do do-do-do-do> The Twilight Zone smile

I believe this thread has run its course. I'll start a new one on Nov. 1 on this board (Air Combat - General: Modern Era) to actually begin development of RFS: F-19. I'll try my very best to post any personal stuff' in Community Hall and keep the thread stream-lined on the game's development.
Noooooooooooo!!

This is the best thread in the history of the internet. smile

That 3DRacers VB game didn't start in Win7, but from it's texture files I can see it would be an impressive demo of VB6 if it runs smoothly.

Thanks for the DLL test code, I'll try it out when I find my VB5 disk...

EDIT:
I remembered that I have an old PC with VB5 on it, although I had to use VC2010 for the C++ part.
Anyway, your factorial example should work if you replace all the INTEGERs with LONGs in your VB code.
An INTEGER in VB5 is 16 bits, while a LONG in VB5 and an INTEGER in C++ are (usually) 32bits.
As written, the factorial algorithm will only give the right answer if the result can fit in 32bits, which corresponds to 12!

#3667903 - 10/23/12 06:46 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: ataribaby]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted By: ataribaby
Well, Yes, Blitz is far easier to get started. I just do not like support. Seems pretty dead as there were few bugs with textures and so on last time i used it. TBH just select what fits you best and enjoy dev. Looking forward to result. Just want vote for 3d cockpit even in retro style. It realy adds immersion. I am code dev on BMS Falcon and i joined that show nearly 9 years ago just cos to make 3d pit better. Yes i am maybe biased towards 3d pit. If you want halp PM me. I can try model some F19 3d pit proposals based on orignal game and artwork in 8bit version manual or Testor/Italieri 1/48 kit.

I guess the good thing about RAD game makers like DarkBASIC and Blitz3D is that if you choose the wrong tool you should realize it pretty quickly. smile

About a 3D pit, I can think of a few reasons against it:

1. You're essentially flying a bomber and only at night (late dusk to early sunrise), sometimes in inclement weather. You're not going to see too much out of the pit anyway (like real-life F-117 pilots), and you'll have no real interior pit detail other than front view (no side consoles planned).

2. You're outside view is restricted by canopy frame (think F-117 which will eventually be included as a flyable), unless you use the bubble canopy option from the models. I wasn't planing to, I like having a visible canopy frame in front view for reference, similar to the F-117 if not so pointy.

3. Per original gameplay, you rely mainly on MFDs and ILS for landing, left MFD w/tactical view to align runway on look-down map, right MFD for FLIR padlock-view of runway. Although having a 'scrolling' snap view will be better than the original if runway is lighted.

4. Easier to play without a joystick. If I'm home I use my X-52 or Wingman Extreme, but sometimes I'm away without a JS and I'd still like to play (with EF2000 and TAW it's possible but difficult).

5. A lot of extra work?

I know a 3D pit is doable in a Blitz3D flight sim...
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=98497#1151287

...so it's not out of the question, especially if I eventually include the Monogram F-19 w/bubble canopy.

But initially I want to keep development as simple as possible and then build up features on a solid foundation. I'm sure you can appreciate this, knowing it's my very first attempt at making a game. And I have no idea if Blitz3D has a program size limitation before it chokes. I haven't read of any except for the IDE in some cases (which I won't be using past demo cutoff anyway).

I'm nowhere ready to think about any high-end features, I have to first see if I can even make a game! smile I do appreciate your offer of assistance when I get to that point.

Last edited by MarkG; 10/23/12 06:52 AM.
#3667915 - 10/23/12 07:18 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: mikew]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted By: mikew
Noooooooooooo!!

This is the best thread in the history of the internet. smile

Yeah...right. smile

That 3DRacers VB game didn't start in Win7, but from it's texture files I can see it would be an impressive demo of VB6 if it runs smoothly.

It's uhhh, mostly smooth. smile

Thanks for the DLL test code, I'll try it out when I find my VB5 disk...

EDIT:
I remembered that I have an old PC with VB5 on it, although I had to use VC2010 for the C++ part.
Anyway, your factorial example should work if you replace all the INTEGERs with LONGs in your VB code.
An INTEGER in VB5 is 16 bits, while a LONG in VB5 and an INTEGER in C++ are (usually) 32bits.
As written, the factorial algorithm will only give the right answer if the result can fit in 32bits, which corresponds to 12!

This could be and I'll try it tomorrow. I did change both to longs and singles as well as trying the different types of integers, but I never tried mixing types. But keep in mind I could never get it to see the if...

If Number argument is 2...

if (Number > 1)
return Number += 1;

...should return 3, but it'll never add the 1 because it doesn't see that 2 > 1.

But you still might be on to something, I'd just leave out the recursive factorial function for simplicity.

#3667928 - 10/23/12 08:20 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Just an FYI and to no one in particular (better this thread than the next)...

In a previous life I was a moderately successful software developer and sole proprietor of on an s-corporation in Atlanta, GA (still exists but inactive) named LT Solutions, Inc. Under that name I developed two large VB apps for AutoCAD LT 2000-2002 (also regular AutoCAD).

My flagship MacroDraft MEP...

Toolbars...
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/Base_Toolbars.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/MEP_Toolbars.jpg

...and MacroBatch, a batch processor that was originally developed as an in-house tool for MacroDraft...

More pics...
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss00.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss01.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss02.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss04.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss05.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss06.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss07.jpg
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/mb2002_ss08.jpg

And a Help PDF (an older version I believe, before any large pics were added)...
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/MB.PDF

What was unique about these VB apps is that they could communicate with AutoCAD LT (the lite "non-programmable" version of AutoCAD) in ways that at the time was thought impossible, at least using 'legal' methods. If anyone here is familiar with AutoCAD and knows the difference between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, they probably understand the limitations of LT.

Here's an old self-extracting self-executable Lotus ScreenCam demo I made back in 2001 of the above programs when they first went commercial (sorry it's so slow paced)...
http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/LTS_DEMO.EXE

MacroBatch even caught the attention of Hewlett-Packard, they liked the demo and considered shipping it with their DesignJet plotters.

So please understand that while I may be a rookie at game making, I'm not a rookie at developing large BASIC programs that take years to create and perfect. I haven't chosen my flight sim development tools lightly, I'm just giving myself what I feel is the best chance to succeed.

Last edited by MarkG; 10/23/12 08:25 AM. Reason: spelling
#3667936 - 10/23/12 08:51 AM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
ataribaby Offline
ataribaby  Offline

Liberec, Czech Republic
Originally Posted By: ataribaby

I guess the good thing about RAD game makers like DarkBASIC and Blitz3D is that if you choose the wrong tool you should realize it pretty quickly. smile

About a 3D pit, I can think of a few reasons against it:

1. You're essentially flying a bomber and only at night (late dusk to early sunrise), sometimes in inclement weather. You're not going to see too much out of the pit anyway (like real-life F-117 pilots), and you'll have no real interior pit detail other than front view (no side consoles planned).

2. You're outside view is restricted by canopy frame (think F-117 which will eventually be included as a flyable), unless you use the bubble canopy option from the models. I wasn't planing to, I like having a visible canopy frame in front view for reference, similar to the F-117 if not so pointy.

3. Per original gameplay, you rely mainly on MFDs and ILS for landing, left MFD w/tactical view to align runway on look-down map, right MFD for FLIR padlock-view of runway. Although having a 'scrolling' snap view will be better than the original if runway is lighted.

4. Easier to play without a joystick. If I'm home I use my X-52 or Wingman Extreme, but sometimes I'm away without a JS and I'd still like to play (with EF2000 and TAW it's possible but difficult).

5. A lot of extra work?

I know a 3D pit is doable in a Blitz3D flight sim...
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=98497#1151287

...so it's not out of the question, especially if I eventually include the Monogram F-19 w/bubble canopy.

But initially I want to keep development as simple as possible and then build up features on a solid foundation. I'm sure you can appreciate this, knowing it's my very first attempt at making a game. And I have no idea if Blitz3D has a program size limitation before it chokes. I haven't read of any except for the IDE in some cases (which I won't be using past demo cutoff anyway).

I'm nowhere ready to think about any high-end features, I have to first see if I can even make a game! smile I do appreciate your offer of assistance when I get to that point.

Yeah sure, whats better fits you. Just my recomendation as 3d pit adds a lot of immersion and can be used as 2d pit with fixed view angles. Hehe yeah i made TESTOR F-19 with bubble canopy in gray training camo. BTW i checked blitz site again after all that years and seems V1.106 fixes win 7 problems i had. I know how hard is write flight sim from scratch, I had enought even to modify existing one.

Last edited by ataribaby; 10/23/12 08:56 AM.
#3673718 - 11/01/12 09:08 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Delayed...bad head cold, postponed dental work...will return.

The sun is in the east
#3673732 - 11/01/12 09:37 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
Delayed...bad head cold, postponed dental work...will return.
OK! Thanks for letting us know.
I don't check SimHQ much these days, but I was looking forward to the 1st of November. smile

#3715619 - 01/10/13 11:56 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
damson Offline
damson  Offline

Hiding in the bushes
Any news on your work Mark?

#3725017 - 01/25/13 09:00 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
Krycztij Offline
Krycztij  Offline

Mark, this might be of interest for you: I just released an early version of the TAW / ADF / EF2000 terrain viewer (TFXplorer) I've been working on for the past year with the other TFX modders (screenshots here and here).

It's probably not what you imagine your retro flight simulator to be like (I know VS 2010 with D3D 9 is not on your agenda), but we have a little simulation running in it and I'm currently preparing the source code for release; and if you'd like to have a look or if you're interested in how anything works, just let me know. For example, much of game logic is implemented without floating-point numbers.

#3825911 - 08/22/13 09:45 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
It's been almost a year since my original F-19 post and I thought I'd give a quick non-update before getting back to "work".

We've recently gone thorough some sad days with my mother-in-law passing away...

http://wilbertservices.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2189455&fh_id=11684

...but it was time (mainly for her sake, Alzheimers is an awful disease) and we can now move on with our lives (I hope this comes across respectfully).

Other than working on getting my parents (both sharp for their mid-'70s) moved into our home (mainly add-on renovations to the house), my game is now my "full-time job" (6 to 12 hours a day). Fortunately I have a wife who whole-heartedly supports my dream and although she doesn't completely understand what I'm attempting, she knows what I've accomplished in the past and she believes in me.

The plan is to first develop a freeware F-19 remake as faithful to the original game as possible while updating it a generation or two (not just graphics and physics but also game-play as already described in this thread...persistent campaign style). When this gets completed and if I'm not too old (lol), I'd like to create my first commercial game as an indie game developer.

Using the free BlitzPlus game engine (2D version of Blitz3D/Blitz Basic)...

http://blitzmax.com/Products/_index_.php

...I plan to develop a commercial (typical indie priced) 2D dynamic (turn-based or real-time, undecided) full-blown campaign-based war game using the same maps and scenarios as F-19 (North Cape, Persian Gulf, Central Europe...no Libya, training only). This will be a totally separate stand-alone game, nothing to do with flight simming. EXCEPT, it will have hooks for connecting with F-19 if you happen to have it and you want to fly the F-19 or F-117 (more realistic) generated missions. Two totally separate games/excetuables that can act as one if you have them both and choose to play it this way.

Now THAT is my ultimate dream game (and career until I retire at 85), F-19 meets EF2000 w/TAW's AWACS (which will actually look like an '80s display, I'm a fan of the movie War Games)!

But of course, I have to first succeed in making the F-19 sim or else it's just big dreaming. The past year has been about acquiring skills, while it's looking like college will have to wait. I'm not really having fun with this yet (unless you feel learning trigonometry and surface modeling is fun), but the whole idea is still very exciting to me.

I'm still not ready to discuss (nor attempt coding) flight modeling, radar and missile performance, nor any of the hardcore subjects I'll be faced with. Just know that I'm grabbing examples for my game engine when I find them, which fortunately allows linking to DLLs (several physics engines to choose from, although I may one day try to write my own). I've also been studying AI programming techniques and algorithms which I believe will be suitable for my game.

Graphics...640x400 (same as EF2000). This aspect scales to full and most wide screens equally well, IMO (EF2000 on my 1366x768 laptop). My game (now called Stealth Fighter 3.0 unless the current "Microprose" gives me flack) is suppose to be circa 1994 (1988 – 1991 – 1994), just prior to Windows 95.

To me, EF2000 needs a bump in resolution for clearer cockpit displays. But oddly enough I don't feel this way about F-19/F-117's 320x200 resolution, it's blocky but cockpit information is relatively clear, obviously the game was designed for it. I'm doubling this, I can paint cut-scenes in 320x200 (standard for DOS sims) then scale uniformly by 2 (see TFX cut-scene earlier in this thread, not bad looking at all IMO).

I'm no professional graphics artist, although I did once have paintings displayed in a museum...

LOL, what the local papers will print!

Seriously, my graphics will be as pretty and mood setting as I can possibly make them under these self-imposed restrictions (Blitz3D doesn't support 8-bit palette indexing [ala EF2000 and TAW] so I'll have to use high or true color). I'm not spending countless hours working on high-resolution polys and textures when I could be coding. But more importantly, I want a small footprint with instantaneous load times as I'm working on the game, I'm setting a distributable size limit to 30MB (same as EF2000 minus unneeded files).

IMO, my world modeling and 3D models should still be sufficient for viewing from within the cockpit (canopy and MFDs) especially at night, the way Microprose intended the game to be played.

OK, it's going to look a LOT better than the original Stealth Fighter...

And as I've noted before, the antiquated BASIC/DX7 engine I've chosen is quite capable...

But I don't want to even come close to pushing the limits, leaving room for growth (and not necessarily with graphics). A mistake made by some Blitz3D users I believe, trying to get C++/DX11 graphics out of BASIC/DX7, and they keep trying because it's just so darn easy to use by comparison.

Anyway, just think EF2000 with hardware acceleration, but better than DOS 3Dfx. In fact, I'm taking very heavy graphics and color styling cues from EF2000, I still think it's a gorgeous game other than no real nighttime. This should look even better.

Which reminds me, the original Falcon 4 to me is pretty ugly, until you reach late dusk. Nighttime and early dawn look downright slick IMO, F4 only gets ugly again when the sun comes out. Proving you don't need stellar graphics for a stealth fighter sim, you just needs lots of little flickering lights (including stars). smile

BTW, I'm faking the DOS start-up screen you see in the original Microprose sims for a little nostalgia, except no "Do you have a joystick?" Maybe I'll include this so if you respond "N", it'll recommend you get one.

I still have half a math book to finish and another on advanced AutoCAD 3D and programming, plus several others I can cover during development but it shouldn't be long now before I start actually showing something.

Last edited by MarkG; 08/22/13 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
#4088516 - 03/06/15 01:42 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

As I wrote in another thread...

We should talk. :P

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4088615 - 03/06/15 04:44 PM Re: Retro Flight Simulator: F-19 Game Design Document [Re: MarkG]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Mark,

A couple of us were talking the other day about Megafortress (I just scored the whole package on eBay), and we were discussing how the game was released too early (not that it was unfinished, but it was out before SVGA was standard). The game doesn't need cutting edge graphics, but a high resolution screen and coop multiplayer would do it wonders. Stealth is also a huge part of the gameplay (even though it's a B-freakin'-52).

I'm not sure how difficult or feasible licensing would be, but at least it serves as a brainstorming concept.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.