I haven't been in a few years but today just got back from the show. I really recommend it, and it's still on for tomorrow and Sunday for anyone who can make it in the Pacific Northwest. Abbotsford is about 30 minutes out of Vancouver, and this year it's the events 50th Anniversary year.http://abbotsfordairshow.com/
I'm not a photo guy (beer tents work though) so no great photos, but my highlights today include:
- Wonderful USAF Heritage flight, featuring a F-16 and very good looking P-51.
- B-25 bomber, Sea Fury, Spitfire MkIX and a couple of DeHavillands close formations
- USAF Thunderbirds display team with their new F-16 six-ship display. Really good (ears still ringing).
- US Navy 'Tailhook' Legacy Flight, with a F/A-18 Super Hornet and an A-1 Skyraider
- Canadian Forces CF-18 and Tactical Assault Demo. Boom!
- Some great static displays, C-5 Galaxy, C130's, a bunch of helos etc
If you're in the area then worth a look this weekend. Bring sunscreen and something to sit on, or just pay the $10 to sit runway side, although consider ear-plugs for that. Wow.