80% give us more money!
20% features that make the sim better
These don't feel like patches, just DLC releases.
I'm sorry, but something has to pay for other improvements. As I have said many times, not enough flight-simmers buy ROF to support oodles of changes and additions for free. As I have also said many times, without our current model, ROF would have died 2 years ago. It's the best we can do. We are not getting rich and we give you what you pay for and then some.
As an example -
Here is the change log. Ony the first two optional items are so called DLC. The remaining 20 items have nothing to do with DLC and are aimed at improving ROF overall. By my math its 10% DLC and 90% fixes and improvements.
Features list of version 1.027
1. Luger, Mauser, Webley, Lebel guns
2. New "checker" streamers
3. Balloons now have emergency descending in Career and Quick Mission
4. Player can check his statistics during Single Player missions now
5. Bomb release levers were added to Bomb Sights
6. Rockets now have fire exhaust and light source (visible at night) on start
7. Camera now will not beyond the map border - it will stay on border. Player will receive a warning when he will approach the map border
8. Flight record automatic description was added
Change list of version 1.027
1. "Offline" sign now have correct background field in Hangar screen
2. Red highlight bar was removed from weapon mods list
3. Skin description is not falling out from screen now
4. Sharpen option was added to in-game options dialog
5. "Input format change" warning was removed
6. If you lock payloads on server - weapon mods will be locked automatically too
7. Servers list is loading faster now
8. Favorite plane image skew was fixed in stat screen
9. Unavailable (not purchased) planes are grayed-out in Coop lobby now
10. Mouse sensitivity "0" set was fixed
11. Space bar now may be assigned to input commands without any problems
12. Events icons were fixed on Career mission results map
13. Reset button now is applying reseted changes correctly on Options->Responses screen
14. RoF stop working when entering Responses dialog was fixed
15. CTF minimap position now is storing correctly
16. "0"ft altitude setting now is storing correctly when you exiting and returning to the bombsight
17. Nieuport 17.C1 drum reloading animation on double lewis on external view was corrected
18. Glass on Albatrosses gauges were restored
19. DH4, right MG recharge handle texture was corrected
20. Breg14, holding belts disappearing on left Lewis drums storage was fixed
21. SPAD7, z-fighting on fuel pipe was removed
22. Gotha, z-fighting on lower wing butt end was removed
We also released an SDK on how to make scenery objects for ROF and we have written a 100+ page Manual in 5 languages that we continue to improve. ROF is also a Free2Play title for all new users. Please appreciate the difficult position we are in and lay off the criticism of the amount of changes we provide in each update. Name one flight-sim that has released 29 updates over 3 years? ROF is an amazing product that gets better and better each month. We stand by the decisions we have been forced to make over the years. I know we have gone above and beyond what any normal developer would do.