Yesterday Pobs ane I flew online at GamzRanger with V20 and the "G V20TestPak" loaded.
It seemed fine
Here is Pobs flying over TMod256
Hovever, there was a problem with the German side with groundstarts as the bombers were destroyed on takeoff.
When we switched to fly Me109s from those airfields it was obvious that something was badly wrong.
It took several hours of searching, and the writing of a small program to help me, but I eventually found and fixed the problem
I do not know if it is due to my using a faster PC, but in the routine that rewrites the target file data when you add/move/delete a TMod an extra zero byte was added to the data by the editor. The data is in a grid with 32 columns and a row for every TMod. So if there are 10 TMods there are 10 rows and therefore 320 bytes in the file. So the file should be rewritten with 320 bytes, and it was clearly programmed to do that. Nowhere was it instructed to add a 321st byte, but my PC did that every time, even if I saved a file that had not been modified.
So I added a routine to check the file length and rewrite the file if one or more extra bytes had been added. It works.
The problem with the bombers was caused by this, because when the new scenario files are written the individual target data files are assembled to make "tardata.dat". Just one file with an extra byte pushes all the following data back by one byte so the rest of the tardata.dat file is corrupt.
In Utilities there is a "999TMod.exe" 7-zip self installer.
Running it creates two folders.
"PutInEAWfolder" contains the extended "TEXT_ENG.CDF" with a "tartypes.str" up to TMod999 in it replacing the old one.
It also contains an "OAW128" folder with two folders in it "E 128EV20" and "G V20TestPak". Merge it with your existing OAW128 folder.
The "G V20TestPak" has the setup with the TMod256 showing at Dover, and the double track from London to Dover added to the default 1.2 EAW_RRD.DAT, plus a few other things.
The "999TMod.exe" has been deleted and replaced by a "999TModV2.exe", which had a new set of game files in the "G V20TestPak" folder, and a later version of the target editor (V11) in the "999TED" folder.