Ok Brother, here's my 2 cents.
This came off the third wire forums, TK's advice on the suggested order of installation. http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6582
* All the games in Strike Fighters 2 series (Strike Fighters 2, Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, Strike Fighters 2 Europe, Strike Fighters 2 Israel etc) will install into the same folder merged by default.
* If you're installing May 2011 or later versions of our games, they can be installed and merged in any order.
* If you're merging Jan 2011 or older versions of games, then they must be installed in the order they were released:
1. Strike Fighters 2
2. Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam
3. Strike Fighters 2 Europe
4. Strike Fighters 2 Israel
5. Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1
6. Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 2
(again, above order only applies if you're merging Jan 2011 or older versions of games)
* If you have 2009 Combo installer, you need to use the following two updates before merging May 2011 or later version of Expansion Packs:
. Strike Fighters 2 Israel Jun 2010 Update
. Strike Fighters 2 series May 2011 Update
* You should generally uninstall games in reverse order they were installed, ie, last game installed should be uninstalled first, etc. So uninstall Strike Fighters 2 Europe first, then Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, then Strike Fighters 2 last.
* Uninstalling the Strike Fighters 2 will delete the merged folder and all the files for others in the series as well, so this should be uninstalled last.
Patching / Update Notes:
* When you have more than one Strike Fighters 2 games installed merged, you only need to apply the patch for the latest game installed. Patches for other games do not need to be applied. For example, merged install of Strike Fighters 2 plus Strike Fighters 2 Europe should use only the Strike Fighters 2 Europe patch and not Strike Fighters 2 patch.
* Not all Strike Fighters 2 installs require patching. Web-based setup files are sometimes updated to include the latest patches. Please check the version number on the lower right corner of the main screen to see if your game requires patching.
* If you're merging games, you do not need to apply any patches before merging. The newer game will update the older games to the same standard.
Saved Game Folder Notes:
* Strike Fighters 2 saves out all customization files (options file, controls file, pilot data, campaign saved data, and any screenshots taken) into "Saved Game" folder. Exact location of the Saved Game folder depends on your Windows version:
On Windows 7 and Windows Vista, Saved Game folder (for Strike Fighters 2) is
You can also go to the saved game folder by right clicking on the game icon in Games Explorer and selecting "goto Saved Game folder".
On Windows XP, Saved Game folder is in
You can also go to the saved game folder by its full path
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2
* Each game will have its own Saved Game folder, "StrikeFighters2" folder for Strike Fighters 2, "StrikeFighters2 Vietnam" folder for Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam, etc.
* The Saved Game folder is created when the game is first run, and not by the installer.
* Some contents of Saved Game folder are also updated when you run the game first time after applying a patch.
* The Saved Game folder is not deleted by the uninstaller. To do a full, clean and fresh "re-install", you may need to delete the Saved Game folder to remove any mods installed there.
* If you need to rebuild the stock aircraft list, you can delete the file Version.INI from Saved Game folder, and it'll rebuild the list next time you run the game. You may need to do this if you're missing any stock aircraft.
* Strike Fighters 2 series do not look for mods in the program folder where the games are installed. They instead look for mods in Saved Game folders, so all mods should be installed into the Saved Game folder.
* Some mods may require additional sub-folders within the Saved Game folder (for example, Terrains folder, or Objects\Weapons sub-folder). Any such folder not created by default can be manually created by simply right clicking on an empty place to bring up Windows menu, select New, then Folder.
* By default, all games use separate Saved Game folders, so mods are also kept separate for each game by default.
* If you wish to have mods folder also merged, or to move the Saved Game folder somewhere else, you can edit the Options.INI, [Mods] section, Directory= line. Options.INI (and only this file) must remain in the default Saved Game folder.
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:39 pm
Location: Austin, Texas.
Hope this helps.
USN Retired, 08.