Hmm. I have no idea what's going on with my fix installer.
Can you actually install LB2 OK? In all honesty, apart from the convenience, this fix is really for those who cannot even install the game to start with.
If you want I can run you through the manual process of what to install, detailing what the fix contains. The list below should pretty much look familiar...
1) LB2 (Full installation) in installed state
2) v2.09 patch applied [ ftp://ftp.janes.ea.com/pub/janes/patches/longbow_2/lb2209e.exe
3) Display Driver Update applied (set to 3DFX) [ ftp://ftp.janes.ea.com/pub/janes/patches/longbow_2/lb2_ddu.exe
4) Modified CA.INI file (Backdoors fix added) applied [ http://digitality.comyr.com/flyboy/lb2/setup/xp-fix.zip
5) dgVoodoo glide wrapper applied (I think)... don't know which version you want...
And that's about it, I think. You may also need to add the Compatibility Mode of Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or 3) to the LB2.EXE/shortcut.
That should get you up-and-running. If you later run into game stability or freeze issues, we can try to address them then.