A simple custom mission creating steps:
I will use as an example my custom mission "EVACUATION"
Create the scenario
of the mission who can answer to the questions
- what will do comanche? - escort and protect 3 chinooks
- will you use a wingman? - yes
- where and what will be the start comanche position? - a peak of a hill from field hospital
- where and what will be the final and intermediate comanche positions? - just one destination point - the airport of FREETOWN
- how many enemy will be in the missions? - 2 armored columns and 2 air patrols
- what will be the start, intermediate and final position of the of each enemy group? - the armoured columns will thread
the field hospital , the air patrols will move close to way toward the FREETOWN
- what is the win condition? - minumum 1 chinook to reach FREETOWN
- what is the lose condition, which will be the enemy goal? - to shoot down all three chinooks
Write a brief description
of this mission and draw a scheme of the positions and the ways of all involved units on 8X8 matrix.
1.Open the Mission Editor,choose New mission menu and choose "Guantanamo Bay Sunset" Terrain Type.
2. Open the Preferences menu and put a checkmark infront of "Show Entire World"
and "Show True Direction" options .The first is for easier switch between the tiles
the second option is to show the direction of the objects.
3. place the comanche player on the start point
4. press F6 to open the waypoint manager, then choose player list, press F7
to open waypoint mode and place the final comanche point and name it.
5. Open "object" menu , choose "select base class" and here are 3 options : "Static", "Surface Vehicles" and "Aircraft"
choose Aircraft, find the Wingman and place it near the Player,then put all other non movable objects
from the sub menu "Static" on START and FINAL comanche position
6. On this point it is a good idea to save your mission - the saving creates 2 files SMC and SMO type
and by this way you can reopen and finish the mission in convenien time later.
7. now you have to place 3 chinooks near the start point
put the checkmark on Enemy Goal, choose letter B for WayGroup and digit 1 for Waypoint
with F6 choose NPC ListB , F7 and place all waypoints for group B - from B1 to B10 max
8.choose and place all units of the first enemy armour group - type letter E for WayGroup and digit 1 for Waypoint
with F6 choose NPC ListE , F7 and place all waypoints for group E
9.now you have to do the same steps to place units and waypoints of the second armour column, first air patrol
and second air patrol.
10. on mission editor menu "Mission" open "Edit mission" and "Mission Briefing"
here type the mission description.
11. on mission editor menu "Mission" open "Export Data" - to make a file for playing the game a MRF type file
Its all at general without some little details and you can see pictures, videowin, hints
and download for gaming this custom mission N10 with name "EVACUATION" here
Dear friends, I am open for your future comments and questions!