The successor to my Counterinsurgency and COIN Patrol gametypes, Invasion, is now available on the server in ALPHA form, for Takistan only! Invasion is the final iteration of this type of gametype and I will continue upgrading it. Consider all COIN missions on the server deprecated.
Invasion is intended to be a direct competitor to the EVO gametype already on the server, with several important distinctions. I think it's better!
- Totally redesigned main base in the north of Takistan, including new O.N.E. content!
- New secondary base in the south: FOB Geronimo, a USMC base that includes aircraft!
- Prestige Points system. This is a new system that coexists with Reputation Points. While Rep shared among all players and is used to build bases, Prestige is used for selfish reasons, and is individually tracked! Call in a cruise missile strike, request an airdrop of a HMMWV or some ammo, get a BARCAP over your area, or start a HALO jump! Prestige can be gained from killing enemies and helping to clear side missions.
- Invasion Air Loadout system, allowing aircraft to be equipped depending on the mission needed, including all-new air weapons added as part of O.N.E.
- Side missions. This leverages the same logic as the Dynamic Mission Machine, and will reward both Rep and Prestige for completion
- Return of the AC-130. Deadlier than ever (realistic rates of fire, etc.), but expect to attract a lot of attention from the enemy airforce! Get an F-22 to cover you, or use Prestige Points to request a BARCAP in your target area. Also, angel wing flares!
- Deadly enemy artillery, integrated with the side mission system. If an enemy artillery site is spotted, don't delay in taking it out, or you may find shells raining on the main base!
- TaoIED system, including random roadside bombs and ambushes!
- New enemy groups, including the Takistani Army.
- Enemy aircraft spawning. Skies are no longer so friendly!
- New class: Forward Observer. Integrates with the advanced artillery system provided by the R3F Logistics script.
- More configuration for size of enemy spawns.
- Optional use of Mando Missiles system (use server parameters at mission start)
- Improvements and rebalancing for the loadouts and abilities of the old classes
- Reduced base building costs, especially for fast-travel tents and vehicle service points
- Improved performance all around made possible with CBA
- Tweaks to internal spawning logic to provide more of a challenge and confine fighting to fewer towns
- Updated documentation. All key features are properly documented in the briefing. Briefing has been streamlined.
- Dynamic weather system added, so that weather changes faster and is more interesting as a combat consideration.
- Time of day selection. You can use the satellite object in the main base to change between day and night, for a change of pace.
- More stuff I've forgotten because I've worked on this forever
PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS HERE
"It is necessary to develop a strategy that utilizes all the physical conditions and elements that are directly at hand. The best strategy relies upon an unlimited set of responses."
-- Ueshiba Morihei