Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3568015 - 05/06/12 12:23 AM Need Advice  
Hicory Offline
Hicory  Offline

Tall Timbers
Hello all,

Kinda new to these boards, have asked for help to sort out some issues I am haveing in reguards to getting this sim up and running.I bought the disk version 1109. Installed it had a few issues with it from the begining ,training missions would'nt work properly,and wide blue lines on monitor screen when loading the training missions.So I uninstalled the sim got on these boards, and started doing some homework.

Took the advice that I read and DL'ed from the DCS webpage's torrent. Still the same thing. Uninstalled again,re-installed using the torrent,still the same. Was even getting tearing issues in the training mission each time so I have once again uninstalled the sim and yes all of the sims folders. I must say God Bless ICE,for being soo very paitent with me, as he was offering advice . I hope he see's this and knows that I'm hot going to give up on this matter.I explained to him that my computer was built for the sim "AcesHigh" I did not build this mach it came to my door ready.

Hope this helps, mach. specs. are Win7pro 64,a great motherboard,260gRevoSSD,1T western digi hd for storage,ATI5970 saphire "Black" 2g vidcard,12gigs memory,1000wps, with 3samsung 23.5 led monitors Tir5,CH fighterstick,throttle,rudder pedals and I run the "other" sim in eyefinity with a preset in ATI'Cataylst control center.With everything maxed out and no problems.

I Have to say that I had to roll back the AMD drivers back to 11.7 to get the other sim to run that good though, and thats where my drivers are presently.

Thanks again ICE and thanks in advance to all suggestions and replys
Hicory

Also,motherboard is evgax58 x3 sli cl3 with intel I7 960@3.2

Last edited by Hicory; 05/06/12 12:06 PM.

Yes,I Can
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3568175 - 05/06/12 10:55 AM Re: Need Advice [Re: Hicory]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Hello there Hickory. Glad to see you are persisting. As I have only limited experience with troubleshooting (the game works no problems), that is the reason I suggested bringing this out in the forums. Perhaps someone else has had your problem and has found a solution.

Just to confirm again -- have you downloaded the latest version from ED via THIS page? If not, do so, if yes, well, do it again anyway. Just to make sure we are not dealing with a corrupt install.

You have given your specs, but what is your CPU and motherboard type? If you don't remember exactly, download CPU-Z here, install it, and it will show you your CPU and motherboard ID.

The latest AMD driver is 12.4... do you know how old that 11.7 driver is? Can you not try upgrading to 12.4 to see if it works, then just go back to 11.7 if you need to?

With regards to your "tearing" problem, what are your graphics settings in-game? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of this "tearing" effect? How often does it happen in the game?

As to the tutorial missions, well, IMHO I would not worry too much about them. The community can teach you way more than the tutorials and there is a very cheap "pay for" missions called Maple Leaf that is kinda like a "test" for your basic knowledge and skill. It is a well-known problem that sometimes tutorials go berserk when they are made in one version of the game and are played in an updated version, so try flying one of the quick missions and see if you have graphics problems.

- Ice
#3568223 - 05/06/12 01:37 PM Re: Need Advice [Re: Hicory]  
Hicory Offline
Hicory  Offline

Tall Timbers
Hello sir,

To answer your question about where I DL'ed from,yes that is where I got it from. I used the torrent both times last weekend,it took about 40 min. each time to complete.I only went to the training missions though to see if the problem was resolved.I did not try a free flight.Did'nt have any problems with that before,just made me pissed that I couldnt train on my own.Couldnt do a cold ramp start,that sort of thing.

I do have another question though,without sounding really stupid,When you DL the torrent client, is there anything special whithin the client that one should check or uncheck?(I stated previously that I am not savy on these things with computers heh)

I just simply logged on to DCS went to the DL page and chose the torrent DL-----> 40 min. later and it was done. You know the rest of the story!

And I have to add that from the disk install, I had no problems with the screen doing the tearing or bleeding, or however you describe it in either the training missions or free flight.

It may be possible that after all the times that I have installed and uninstalled this I may have damaged something on my mach.The other Sim that I originally use this mach for has none of these problems,I am not promoting another Sim here Sirs, But to be fair you should check this out as it is no slouch of a Sim either.
I would make a link to it but I have never done this before so I can just put the addy on at this time, and it is www.hitechcreations.com. Pardon me to the Gods that may be,just trying to give some sort of insight that my teeny little pea of a brain uses to explain my plight.

Oops,that 260gigssd is really a 240gigssd I apologize for the misinformation.

Ice, I am really considering the driver issue,however that would involve changing things on the Cataylst Control Center.Don't know if you have ever dealt with the XFX bunch, but it is not a walk in the park.That is only if I have a problem per se;. Who knows It might all funnel down to the drivers,and in that case I'll have to deal with that when and if that is the case, Sir.

All in all,this has been a positive step into the 21st century of flight,albeit a slow and frustrating pace,one must crawl before one walks.Speaking of walking,Im off to that favorite stream to battle with a few rainbow,brown or brooke for my dinner tonite.

Hicory

Ice, take a look at my first thread in reference to motherboard and cpu

will work on getting pic's and get back soon.

Last edited by Hicory; 05/06/12 05:31 PM.

Yes,I Can
#3568294 - 05/06/12 04:23 PM Re: Need Advice [Re: Hicory]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

No fancy options, just download the torrent and you should be good.

Still waiting on your pics of the tearing issue and CPU and motherboard type.

- Ice
#3571761 - 05/12/12 05:57 PM Re: Need Advice [Re: Hicory]  
Hicory Offline
Hicory  Offline

Tall Timbers
Success!!!

Dl'ed this am. ran training miss. quick action,etc. Perfect! Very Happy right now.

Don't know what I did different but its working now.Everything on, high this-an-that.got the HOTAS working (need to learn trim).Same setting as before. Must have been bad Dl's.Same drivers and all,been flying and in the sim for a good 4hrs. no problems so far. Im in 1.1.1.1 ed.

Thank you ICE for the guidence and insight to persist.Now I need to get busy!!

Once Again,Thank you ICE.

Hicory

Last edited by Hicory; 05/12/12 06:00 PM.

Yes,I Can
#3571830 - 05/12/12 07:58 PM Re: Need Advice [Re: Hicory]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

No worries, glad you are sorted. Look up eno, Wrecking Crew, and tomcat if you'd like some MP flights, they seem to be the most active at the moment.

Good luck!

- Ice

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.