Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
#3560016 - 04/20/12 11:26 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Ohh yeah, the server is up but I couldn't connect to it. Dragon's Free Flight is available!

--- edit - looks like White Bird is up.

WC

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 04/21/12 01:56 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3560272 - 04/21/12 01:33 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
That fun was while it lasted. White Bird is a big mission, and the A-10Cs have a long way to go, and timing is critical to get the general if you have to start back at Vaziani again.

There is something in the White Bird mission that causes it to not start every time I want to test it from the Mission Builder. I read something late last week about a known bug with triggered 'Change Waypoint' actions - and there are a few of those in this mission. I'll take those out today...

And last night, the general's convoy got to Dada Pass and I got a DCS Stopped Working message. Hopefully the two issues are related.

Enjoy the Labels while you can!

WC

#3560362 - 04/21/12 05:01 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

You must have crashed just before I got blown out of the sky by an SA-8... I was trying to text chat with you but you were gone... You may have just been booted and kept going without knowing it.

Once I got shot down I looked in the room and you were gone- but I'm not sure I saw you actually "leave."

Then later last night before going to bed I switched the mission up... but then I noticed it had "ships" in it and not surprisingly it was crashed this morning.

Anyway, just hovering on what mission to put up? WB? Do some roadkill? NP?

BTW- looks like the TS3 server is down for awhile... I highly recommend Einstein's TS3- provided everyone plays nice as I would expect them to from this community. I just can't do A-10 alone... and when there's no coms it's like you're doing it lone wolf style.

The server name he posted in "Late night" was:

einsteinep.no-ip.org

Edit: Whooops- just went in there and it's not connecting for me. Not sure if it's a on and off thing or if he crashed out. I'll look into hosting a server as well.

WC I thought I had this comp set up for remote control but I didn't- so I just confirmed it's up so from now on if I'm gone you can go in there and change things up. If I get the TS3 thing going that might work for that too.

Last edited by eno75; 04/21/12 05:09 PM.
#3560374 - 04/21/12 05:27 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
What mission has ships in it?

I made changes to White Bird - I know, shocking news - there were some known bugs with triggered switch waypoint actions that I removed, and clean up of the F/A-18s. That BUK up at Dada Lake now gets it's launchers blown up by the Commandos, too - I did not like having the threat circles left after the radars were destroyed.

WC

#3560417 - 04/21/12 06:34 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Okay boys... here we go.

To accommodate the absence of a SimHQ TS3 server I have created an Eno's Firehouse TS3 server.

Details of the server will be posted up in the first page of this thread as well- but here they are:

70.79.187.158:9987

PW: SimHQ (no caps)

I have a couple of rooms:

Locker room- to get squared away as to what mission you will be joining
Mission 1: For the main mission going on in Eno's Firehouse
Mission 2: For those of you off on your own doing your own thing
Training: For those of you looking to learn, or those of you who don't mind talking the rookies through the various items in the sim... This is a great place to talk or be talked to.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Also, I will be making permission keys available so that the server can be moderated by a variety of people who should always be around at some point. I just need to figure out who those will be- but you can take for granted that WC will be one of them!

Looking forward to feedback on performance. I have the qualities cranked so I need to know if it affects performance I'll wind it down... but it should be fine.

Last edited by eno75; 04/21/12 11:02 PM.
#3560469 - 04/21/12 08:08 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
I just talked with Eno, we should have the new White Bird up and running within the hour.

WC

#3560496 - 04/21/12 09:20 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Mission sent...

--- edit
I'm going to take control of the server and post it - I don't see the server in DCS Multiplayer.

WC

Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 04/21/12 10:09 PM.
#3560869 - 04/22/12 03:08 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
That was a great intro to White Bird last night - lots of fliers joined the server. The General's convoy was stopped just minutes before he would have escaped. We almost got him earlier at the FARP but the SA-10s were still operational.

---

While I've been designing missions, this is what my brother-in-law/wingman/carpenter has been doing - adding to my deck!

WC

#3560971 - 04/22/12 06:37 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Holy crap... nice!

Fulda Gap is up now- same TS3 server info applies. Evil888- not a member here I don't think- has been working it over on and off all night. By the looks of the chat log he got clobbered a few times but has managed to whittle down some of the SAM blanket.

I don't know if I'm going in just yet but if I do I'll look forward to having some company on the TS3. Fulda is a good overall mission and really tests your targetting skills. Without the tgp you have to keep your eyes open. I find that the vehicles moving over open terrain generate some dust clouds that are a little easier to spot- so that is a bit of a break. But when those vehicles get embedded in the cities and stop (generally when under attack) the freebies are harder to come by- unless you're not opposed to levelling entire city blocks and random fire into surrounding buildings with the GAU-8. Probably not great for the whole winning of hearts and minds campaign.

Turns out I have an hour or so to play so I'm heading in. Hope to see some of you in there!

#3561530 - 04/23/12 07:22 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

TS3 server is up with all the normal details.

I had the game server down to do some cleaning up and some windows updates. Should be good now.

Putting up a mission- roakill is good for some instant action!

EDIT: WEll, interesting problem here. I updated TS3 and now for some reason it will connect on the server computer but not on my other one. Not sure what's up with that? I'm going to try a system restart on that computer and see what happens- but would a program change cause my antivirus to block it? Very strange.

Any ideas?

Last edited by eno75; 04/23/12 08:07 PM.
#3561555 - 04/23/12 08:11 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
hmm, no,,, I have two computers on the same LAN and both are fine on TS3. Is there a new TS3 update? The last TS update I applied was many weeks ago.

I don't ever recall that TS has had firewall issues, either.

WC

#3561570 - 04/23/12 08:37 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

I've disabled the software firewall on the server side and that solved the problem. My question is- why did it suddenly start blocking both TS3 and A-10.

Anyway, I'm behind a hardware firewall... so should still be reasonably safe. In the meantime- mission is up!

I think my TS3 just updated to 3.0.3.

Last edited by eno75; 04/23/12 08:37 PM.
#3561663 - 04/24/12 12:57 AM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

White bird is the order of the evening. ts3 info is posted on page one of this thread. Join up and lets bag us an officier!

#3561930 - 04/24/12 02:47 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
TS3 did update - when I started it last night, it wanted to go to 3.0.6, I think it was. I installed it on my main machine - no issues.

WC

#3562015 - 04/24/12 05:12 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Yeah that could be it. No issue with ts3 or a10 but my eset got grouchy and had to re- teach it the port exceptions. I woke up this mornIbg and Fulda gap was crashed. Restarted nuke plant.

On my way back to work until Monday- short one this time! I hope...

#3562798 - 04/26/12 01:53 AM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

To those of you who are looking in here for updates regarding my Firehouse server... we have had a few problems.

1) The computer I have dedicated for serving has multiple user profiles. This allows me to still use the computer for other things without interrupting the rather sensitive "server" window that we have learned doesn't play well with other programs running.
2) Recently we had some confusion with regards to which user profile was up and we think this may have caused instability- because a DCS server was started on a profile frequently used by others in the home... They ostensibly started up their programs with the server running in the background and didn't know any better.
3) I expect we'll have this straightened out soonest. I'm very sorry to those of you who were in the middle of games that crashed. Though sometimes these are mission related crashes I'm sure I'm responsible for a couple in the last two days.

Anyway... hopefully we've got this sorted out and it's smooth sailing ahead!

#3565064 - 04/30/12 03:15 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
Hi pilots,
I got a PM from one of the folks here about joining up in multiplayer. I thought I'd share the conversation for everyone, in case others have similar questions. Hope to see more of you on-line!

--- questions ---
I've been monitoring your Eno's firehouse stuff. I'm thinking about trying to join you guys for some MP flight; is everything I need to know for connection in the "what's cooking..." thread? It sounds like these missions are up all the time whether anyone is flying or not: is that true? Is there a mission brief or anything to look at? What about loadout?

--- my reply ---
Just take the plunge and jump in! All you need to start is to register for the DCS Multiplayer Lobby. I think I used the same login name and password that I have for my DCS account.

You do need to know your text chat key - because many folks who will join in Eno's Firehouse are not on Teamspeak. But when we do get a bunch of pilots all on SimHQ Teamspeak it does make it easier, and we tend then to do most all communicating from the TS and that leaves the non-TS guys out of the loop. Either way, text chat or TS, if you have questions just post them in-sim and you should get real-time instruction and answers!

We try to keep the server up most times, but sometimes it crashes or it's busy doing other things. For now, lots of times the server is not listed in the Internet lobby of the DCS Multiplayer, so you may have to go to History to see it, or enter its IP address the first time (Eno's Firehouse DCS Server: 70.79.187.158:10308).

You do need to set the Options in the Multiplayer Lobby - that is where you can change your handle and set your connection speed - I use 512 ASDL, I think it is.

We have some challenging missions. Do read the mission briefings - lots of good stuff in those, and some hints as to what to expect and what to do. Loadouts are on all the aircraft, You can switch out to a different loadout if you prefer. There is one mission - Moa's Fulda Gap - where you don't get no TGP by design, but there is nothing to prevent even buying one of those through the black market or trading something to your CIA friend for one. biggrin

Most of the missions we have on Eno's Firehouse provide Cold Start and Warm Start slots. There are typically four Ka-50 Black Shark slots, too. Most all of the missions are all Blue Team co-ops, but some missions feature some Red Black Shark slots as well.

---
Eno's back from work, SimHQ TS is back on-line, and my bro-in-law is finished with the new deck, so it should be a good week for flying. Did I mention that the wife is going out of town for the weekend?! beercheers

WC

shedevil

#3565133 - 04/30/12 06:23 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
eno75 Offline
eno75  Offline

Inbound and hot!

Not home yet but soon.

Seriously guys- my TS3 server may be a good option for what we need with A-10. But if we'd rather just stick with the TS3 one I'll drop mine.

As for the server, we do try and keep things up but yes, sometimes it does drop.

For those of you who are totally new... SPEAK UP! SHOUT OUT! SAY HELLO!

This is one of the friendliest forum communities I've ever seen... the folding group at maximumpc.com is pretty awesome too... but these guys here take it to the next level.

Anyway... I'm just dealing with a flight delay sitting at the Edmonton airport on my way home. Argh.

#3565509 - 05/01/12 01:29 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Goblin Offline
Goblin  Offline

Southeastern PA
I tried to connect last night, but had no luck. After entering the above IP address, it just stayed on the "connecting" window and never connected. Do I need to do anything with my firewall? Port forwarding?

#3565536 - 05/01/12 02:51 PM Re: What's cookin at Eno's Firehouse tonight ? [Re: Wrecking Crew]  
Wrecking Crew Offline
Smooth Operator
Wrecking Crew  Offline
Smooth Operator
Hotshot

Colorado
If you could see the server in the MP lobby then you should be able to connect. tomcat had issues connecting to my server but then tc did fine connecting to Eno's. You should not need to open any ports, but your firewall may be blocking - Alt Tab out of the MP lobby to see if there is a dialog box about firewall access that is behind the DCS screen.

I should be able to get on SimHQ Teamspeak tonight, if not, then tomorrow - or PM me and we can arrange a time. Now that SimHQ TS is back on-line I need to establish that connection again...

WC

Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.