Hi chaps here's version 2 of my SdKFz 251 mod for Steel Fury:
Aces' new Sdk.Fz.251/1C 3D model, crew and skins mod for Steel Fury v2 readme.
Changelog v2, additons for version2:
1. Removed bipod from anti-aircraft MG-34 machine gun.
2. Changed rear MG-34 ammunition drum to "Patronentrommel 34" 75-round saddle drum type better suited for AA use.
3. Added "Kreiskorn" Anti Aircraft gunsight to rear MG-34
4. Added more detailed mounting to original AA gunsight model.
5. Added gasmask cannister near the driver's position.
6. Added 2xMP-38 machine guns and mounting brackets to the driver/radio operator's compartment side walls.
7. Added Axe, shovel and their mountings to the hull in the appropriate postions.
8. Added 2x Jerry cans and hooks to the hull with white cross marks to indicate water.
9. Added Spare road wheel to the hull.
10. Added wire for the radio antenna.
11. Added 2x mp-38 ammo pouches to the driver's compartment.
12. Added 2x helmets slung from the hull.
13. Added ammunition drum, AA gunsight, MP-38 (new), gas mask canister, mp38 ammo pouches, jerry can, axe and shovel textures to the skins and re-mapped the model's UV-Map.
I have added the jerry cans, helmets and spare roadwheel on the hull as I have seen quite a few pictures of vehicles carry these items in these positions, in fact the whole objective of the mod was to try and make the vehicle look more like a working vehicle and add items ommited from original model.
*** IMPORTANT *** If you have activated my earlier "Aces SDKFZ251 Crew - Radio Operator and Driver Cap and Headphone mod" in JSGME please de-activate it before activating this mod as all the files are included in the new mod.
*** IMPORTANT FOR THIS VERSION (v2) *** Please use the skin alternatives provided with this mod and NOT the skins provided with my previous mod version (v1) as they have been updated to incorporate detail added in the new version.
Installation, Unzip all of the eight folders included to your Steel Fury "Mods" folder and activate as shown below using JSGME.
This mod replaces the Sdk.Fz.251/1C halftrack vehicle in Graviteam's "Steel Fury" sim. with a new modified 3D model and textures.
I have made the following changes and additions to the basic 251/1C 3D model (which includes 3 LODs):
1. Added anti-aircraft MG-34 machine gun on the rear mounting (non-operational at the moment, eye-candy only).
2. Added two MG34 "patronenkasten" ammunition boxes and a stick grenade inside the vehicle.
3. Re-mapped and modified the model so as to enable a rear balkenkreuze and rear numberplates to be displayed.
4. Added a radio set in the co-driver/radio operator position
5. Added a radio antenna on the hull.
I have made the following additions to the 251/1C skin texture.
1. Added new dashboard instruments.
2. Added new "WH" front and rear numberplates.
3. Added FuSpr “F” radio set.
4. Added front, side and rear balkenkreuze markings.
5. Added tactical (panzergrenadier company) and divisional (11th "Ghost" panzer division) markings rear and back.
6. Added appropriate stick grenade and ammo box textures.
The mod includes no fewer than eight skin options in total which enable combinations of the following additional markings: air recognition flag on the engine cover, black and white balkenkreuzes (instead of white outlined balkenkreuzes) and an overall light snow covering to the vehicle. All the skins include new normal maps, new additions like the radio and number plates have been added to these "bump" maps.
When enabled WITHOUT one of these additional skin options enabled the default skin will display no air recognition flag, white outline balkenkreuzes and no snow covering. The seven additonal skin options are included as "optional" mods and should be enabled AFTER enabling the main mod using JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler). Note: Only apply one of the additional skin options at a time as only the last one enabled will be displayed.
Also please bare in mind that the air-recognition flag option/s is intended primarily for those who like a bit of variation as historically, not every vehicle in a a unit would most probably have displayed a flag and it is best-suited for early war scenarios when the Luftwaffe still had command of the skies but it does look different so I decided to include it in the options.
The mod also incorporates my earlier headphones and throat microphone plus grey/green army version "overseas" sidecap and re-position and re-scaled 3D cap model additions which changes the driver's headwear to the sidecap and the radio operator's headwear to the sidecap plus the headset.
This has been a very big project for me which has involved literally taking the existing model apart, making the model changes and additions and putting it together again piece-by-piece as well as the new textures and UV-mapping work. I have also spent some time historically researching equipment and textures from my collection of publications and also period photos. I have based my work on file versions included in the SPM1.5 ultimate update mod. I attempted to add markings and major detail items ommited from the original model.
I hope you enjoy the results,please leave me your feedback on the Graviteam and/or SimHQ forums.
Kyth and Donken for all their invaluable modelling advice and patience.
lajcak for his original sidecap texture.
Ranman68 for his original headset, ammo box and stick grenade models.
Privateer for his original AA gunsight and saddle drum models and saddle drum texture.
DryJack for his jerry can model.
The Steel Fury community for their encouragement and enthusiam.
NOT to be used in any payware\commercial addon
May be used in any freeware mod with credits.