Following up Ray's comment ...
Many have wondered what would have happened of the July plot had succeeded.
These were my ideas ...In the Wolf's Lair Adolf Hitler lay dead.
In Berlin the Army was completing the round up of the SS.
General Beck had had been sworn in as Chancellor .....
What was the result?
The July Government's peace offer to the western allies was unacceptable
The war had to continue because the new German government had to defend itself and its home territory.
The defence was rather more efficient because:
1) The military were now in charge of the campaign which was conducted logically and efficiently
2) Speer continued with the rationalisation of the economy unhindered
3) The end of the Jewish persecution freed up enormous resources which were now available for conduct of the war
4) New policies in occupied eastern territories (Ukraine etc) brought hew allies against Russia
5) New industrial policies switched priorities to king tiger tanks, Uboats, jet aircraft & bombers, atomic weapons and V3
The situation is that Germans achieve atomic weapons and can deliver via V3 to US. They demonstrate use in Russia by taking out Stalingrad.
They now threaten use in UK/US.
What happens?Moggy DCM