Hello SimHQ Pilots,
We are in dire need of replacing all of the old screenshots on our webpage dedicated to screenshots found here: http://riseofflight.com/en/about/screenshots
They are just too dated and so much has been added to ROF and the graphics have been improved upon to such a degree that we really need to update this section. The beauty of ROF needs to shine through to new and potential flyers and that helps all aspects of ROF.
So, we turn to you, the ROF community and ask for you to submit your best screenshots of ROF for placement on our new Screenshot page.
However, to make it interesting, we will be picking 5 winning screenshots and awarding $100 to each winning entry.
Here are the rules.
1. No editing in Photoshop such as saturation or sharpness. Must be what you see in-game.
2. No 3rd party Direct X alterations such as ENB Mod.
3. Try not to use extreme settings such as those found in nVidia Inspector to enhance the picture. Try to use mormal in-game flyable settings. If you insist on using other apps to enhance the picture (assuing you fly with these settings), please say so in your post and we will take into consideration. We ask you to be honest, because sometimes it's hard to tell in a screen if it has been enhanced with a 3rd party app.
4. Some light cropping is ok if used to make a more dramatic scene or close-up shot.
5. Please use Widescreen aspect ratio such as 16:9 or 16:10. We want all screenies to have a fairly uniform shape.
6. Please post your entries right here in this official thread on the ROF forum. http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29114
Winners will be judged by the ROF Team and Management.
Winning entries will be judged on such attributes as beauty, action, drama, style and uniqueness.
Deadline for entry is 5PM PST on May 7, 2012.
We look forward to seeing your entries and picking the winners! Good luck to all and thank you in advance for helping us with this new screenshot section of our website!
The ROF Team
P.S. We know there is a great screenshot thread on the forum already, but many of these pics have been altered from their natural state and there are simply way too many pics and pages to sort through. You can enter a pic found in that thread if you think it is good enough if you wish. There are indeed several there that are pretty great. It's up to the author if he or she wants to post them in the contest thread.