Today's Steam deals mini-reviews (i.e. the ones I own already, so know at least something about):
- Total War Megapack. $12 If you ever had any inkling for strategy and have a PC that can show colors then worth it. If really not sure then perhaps just pick up Napoleon: Total War for $5 and then regret not getting the others later.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.$10 I preferred the older isometric ones but this is pretty good. Kids had fun with it with an infinite money cheat (still looking for one of those for RL).
- VVVVVV. $1! Old school hard platformer with great chip-tunes music. Brutal learning curve but enjoyable.
- Monkey Island Bundle. $5 Humor dependent but worth it. If not sure then the first one is the good one.
- Red Orchestra 2. $20 Hard first-person shooter with a dab of 'realism'. An acquired taste but very good if in to Mil/WWII. MP is not that new player friendly but a rewarding game. Heroes is the newer softer one, while Ostfront has a smaller hardcore MP following. If not sure then go Hero.
- Fallout New Vegas. $5 Good sequel, worth playing. Preferred story in the #3, but the execution of this one is smoother. So worth $5.
- L.A. Noire. $25 I found this disappointing, and didn't play through on PC. Great graphics and interesting interview game mechanic, but not a true sandbox game like GTA/SR. If you like the 40's period setting and have a decent PC then worth it, otherwise it'll be cheaper at Christmas.
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River - Good SimHQ review here: http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_124a.html