Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3549444 - 04/02/12 10:16 PM Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
I'm pleased to announce that yours truly has been chosen as the SimHQ Community Test manager for the upcoming ClubSport Wheel.

Official Fanatec Community test blog post on Thomas' blog: http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8227.

As well as testing the kit myself I am responsible for selecting one other tester from the SimHQ Community. biggrin

Procedure:

People willing to be a tester should post here.
From all the applicants in this thread, I will select 10 candidates.
These 10 candidates will then be voted on by the community, and the winner will be the SimHQ community tester and will be responsible for testing and reviewing the products here at SimHQ

In your application here, you should describe at least the following:

Games (and platforms) you can test with - remember that the CSW is PC and PS3 only.
Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift.
Current gear (wheel, pedals, etc.).
Link to any relevant supporting info (reviews you made in the past, documents, websites or forum postings etc).
Short introduction and statement why you would be the right guy for the job.

Requirements/rules:

We are looking for honest, capable people, who are good at presenting their opinions.
Community reviewers of the CSR Elite wheel can not participate in this community review. SimHQ Staff can enter.
The successful applicant will receive a CSW base with the two rims (BMW GT2 and F1 rim), but will also be offered to test compatible pedals, table clamp and a wheel stand, if wanted.

The reviewer is required to inform the Community Test Supervisor about any problems he may have with the products during the test period (the supervisor will contact the reviewer when he has been selected).

The reviewer can not publish/leak any information regarding the products he is reviewing before embargo is lifted.

Every reviewer will have at least 14 days to review the products, but the exact review period will be determined after all the community reviewers have received the wheels.

Due to past problems, the reviewer will unfortunately be required to make a 50% deposit of the full value of products he will receive (see table below).

After the review period is over and review is posted on-line Fanatec will ask the reviewer if he wants to return the gear or keep it.

If the reviewer chooses to keep the gear, the deposit he made earlier stays with Fanatec, so he receives a 50% discount for the effort he put in testing. Normal warranty rules apply to all gear that is tested.

If the reviewer decides to return some or all of the gear, Fanatec will refund his original 50% deposit + shipping costs for that gear immediately.

Only users from EU, North America, Australia and Japan can participate (due to distribution/shipping restrictions).

The winners review should cover at least the following topics:

Game compatibility
Ergonomics/feel/build quality
Positive and negative aspects of the gear you have tested w.r.t. mechanics, software, compatibility, functionality, etc.
FFB quality

Product prices (USD and EUR), full/deposit:
Clubsport Wheel: 449,95/224,975
CSW BMW M3 GT2 rim: 249,95/124,975
CSW Formula rim: 179,95/89,975
Clubsport pedals: 199,95/99,975
CSR Elite pedals: 149,95/74,975
Clubsport Table Clamp: 49,95/24,975 (Needed to mount the CSW to a table)
Rennsport Wheel Stand V2: 129,95/59,975

Applications will close on 10th April.

Applications now closed. Public poll will open shortly.

Last edited by Darren_Blythe; 04/10/12 09:15 PM. Reason: Applications Closed
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3549457 - 04/02/12 10:40 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
F19_CoNa Offline
sim junkie
F19_CoNa  Offline
sim junkie

Kallinge, Sweden
Great news, seems the release is not that far away.
I have been saving away for this one.
I think you will get a ton of mail this week biggrin

..and lead us not into temptation......I'll find it myself.
#3549464 - 04/02/12 10:52 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: F19_CoNa]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
Originally Posted By: F19_CoNa
I think you will get a ton of mail this week biggrin

Hopefully not. Please make all applications in this thread! biggrin

Roses are #FF0000 , Violets are #0000FF
#3549471 - 04/02/12 11:04 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
Congrats Darren!

OK, time to kick this off then. biggrin

Favourite Games (and platforms) PS3: GT5, PC: GTR2, Dirt 2&3, Rally Trophy and RBR. Before it was mostly Mobil1 Rally Championship and a bit of Live for Speed.
Driving style: Road GT, Rally.
Current gear: Logitech Momo Red wheel/pedal combo
Sorry, no relevant links I can think of.
I'm an average driver with basic technical engineering background and an interest for gadgets and technology.

#3549520 - 04/03/12 12:24 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
Yeah congrats Darren!

Update: I just reread the original post and noticed this is not for 10 tester positions but for 1 position and not only tester but also reviewer.

So I am removing my name from the hat as I would make a great tester but horrible reviewer. I am an admitted glass half full person and often enjoy products even despite shortcomings that others have a bigger problem with.

Good luck to Darren and the other participants.

Last edited by kludger; 04/03/12 12:55 AM. Reason: Oops just saw it is reviewer too

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#3549626 - 04/03/12 06:35 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
F19_CoNa Offline
sim junkie
F19_CoNa  Offline
sim junkie

Kallinge, Sweden
Here's my CV wink

Games (and platforms) PC, but I can arrange access to a PS3 for the review.
iRacing, rF2, NetKar, pCars, Dirt 1-3, F1-2011, Ferrari Virtual Academy, RB Rally, GTR2+Evo (used in that order)

Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally

Current gear: Fanatec GT3RS with CSP and shifters. G25 and Logitech FFB wheel (the original red, not momo)
Full triple monitor simpit with symproject gear indicator, Leo Bodnar for extra switches.

Currently no major reviews but, I don't have any issues doing one.
http://www.svaf.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=5&id=7408&Itemid=111
I work as an customer service manager within the telecom business, so I'm used to write clear and precise reports.
Technical, but still easy to understand if you'r not a technician.

I'm hopefully a high end driver but still not an alien. Hoping this wheel will take me closer though.
In general, an extremely tech interested guy who loves to try things out with an open mind.
I will adress things that I don't like and what can be improved.
The wheel would be running several hours a day in my hands.

Last edited by F19_CoNa; 04/10/12 07:54 PM.

..and lead us not into temptation......I'll find it myself.
#3549639 - 04/03/12 08:11 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Ze Warthog that is faster then a Cheetah
Pumbaa666  Offline
Ze Warthog that is faster then a Cheetah

South Australia
Nice!!! Congrats DB... biggrin

"The motivation is high, I enjoy taking the smile off other peoples faces"

Mark Webber
#3549647 - 04/03/12 09:08 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
McGonigle Online cool
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Online Cool
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
Platform: PC only.

Games: GT-Legends, GTR2, Race07, netKar PRO, rFactor 1, rFactor 2, Grand Príx Legends, Richard Burns Rally, iRacing, F1 2010.

Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally.

Current gear (wheel, pedals, etc.): Logitech G25 with modified pedals (PAD -Pedal Mod Kit).

Link to any relevant supporting info (reviews you made in the past, documents, websites or forum postings etc).

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_154a.html
http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports5/motorsports_170a.html
http://www.simhq.com/_motorsports5/motorsports_159a.html

And many more.

Short introduction and statement why you would be the right guy for the job:
Been beta-tester for various GPL mods and for iRacing. Written tons of reviews on software and hardware. Very structured and analytical. Good command of english. Good knowledge of PC's and hardware.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#3550843 - 04/05/12 01:51 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
Panther Offline
Panther  Offline

Games (and platforms).
PC: iRacing, rFactor, F1 2011, Dirt 3, Race 07
PS3: GT5

Driving style: Primary style is Oval. Digging deeper with GT, F1, Rally style racing.

Current gear (wheel, pedals, etc.).
Fanatec PWTS, Clubsport Pedals, Obutto

http://www.simhq.com/_technology3/technology_181a.html
http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_158a.html
http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_101b.html (co-wrote)
http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_086a.html (co-wrote)

Short introduction and statement why you would be the right guy for the job.
Beta tested the TM HOTAS Warthog, reported information to TM not only for their product but on the systems that the hardware was being tested on.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
#3551959 - 04/06/12 07:53 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
MrWags Offline
MrWags  Offline

Driving style: All Terrains All Skills But Love The Dirt

Most Frequently Played Racing Games: (Gran Turismo 5, F1 2011 To Many To List) I usually race 4-5 hours a day after I put the girls to bed and slap on the Sennheiser 180's

Owned Gaming Platforms: (Alienware Area 51 ALX PC,360,PS1,2&3)

Current Racing Gear: Playseat Dirt 3 Edition, Logitech G27 and Momo Wheels,Buttkicker LFE,Mitsubishi WD-73835 DLP 3d Screen,Motion Platform In Progress

Country/State Residing: USA,Indiana

Short Bio: Grew up racing go-karts with Tony Stewert and went on to become a 6 time National Champion Dirt Track Motorcycle racer and spent 3 years as a Factory Yamaha Racer & Test Rider as well as 2 years with Factory Cagiva Motorcycle Road racing

<250 words on why you would be the best for the job: My years spent with Yamaha and Cagiva have honed me for exactly what you guys want... a true racer who can tear up an anvil with a rubber mallet by way of using it for EXACTLY what it was intended for RACING. I have included pictures with my reply to show my true intentions and that is to simply build a simulator that a Nascar professional would appreciate and feel the use of the Fanatec Wheel Set is what will fill the bill and in return if allowed YouTube weekly postings will be done and if not allowed weekly reports DIRECTLY to Fanatec upon any and all issues comments and suggestions by folks who know racing live racing and have proven it by achieving multiple Championships in Multiple Professional Divisions of Racing both 2 and 4 wheels. Our comments and suggestions will be concise and directly to the matter at hand the way we have been trained our entire racing lives to do. This saves time and money and returns a more direct reflection of the final product and more importantly we are here in the USA where we feel a strong presence is justly needed but only if we correct errors in the past and in our honest opinions what you are doing here is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Last edited by MrWags; 04/07/12 04:41 PM.

#3552925 - 04/08/12 09:34 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
Grim_Death Offline
Old School
Grim_Death  Offline
Old School

Columbus GA
I saw Darren post about how he expected more entries.
Just thought I'd explain that the cost is not holding me back, hell, I'd pay full price right now if I could.
I am not entering because I work on the road full time, and only home 4-6 days a month.
While I do carry my CSR Elite wheel, CSR Elite pedals and a 28" LCD around to hook up to my gaming laptop, I don't feel I could devote as much on the report that some of the above entries can.

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo
#3553111 - 04/09/12 09:31 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

Yeah i would of entered it was just the cost though, otherwise i would definatly of been there to give it a go!

First Ever Win: STCC, Donnington Park, Race 2, 19th March 2012
First Ever Podium: 2nd, Silverstone SCES 2011
First Ever Pole: Race 1, Thruxton, SSTCC, 8th April 2012
First Ever Fastest Lap: Le Mans, SCES, 3:59.028, 3rd June 2012
Wins: 3 (3 SSTCC)
Podiums: 10 (3 SCES, 7 SSTCC)
Pole Positions: 3 (1 SCES, 2 SSTCC)
Fastest Laps: 1 (1 SCES)

3rd Overall SSTCC Great Britain Series, 2012.

Team: Ozjet Racing
Number(s): 26 (SCES) 27 (STCC)
#3553357 - 04/09/12 07:07 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
RNGD Offline
RNGD  Offline

AZ
Driving style:
Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally

Favourite Games (and platforms):
iRacing, netKar Pro, rFactor2, CARS, GT5, F1 2011, RBR

Current gear:
Gaming PC
PS3
XBOX 360
ButtKicker Gamer 2
43" Triple Screen Setup
Playseat
Logitech G27
GoPro HD Hero2

USA

I don't really have any track racing experience, but I've always loved motor sports and I've been sim racing for over three years and spend almost all my free time doing it. I've also done a decent amount of autocross racing and have used the OMP Superturismo, OMP Corisca and Sparco 375, which are similar to the BMW rim. Sim racing has definitely helped with autocross and autocross has helped with sim racing so I think the experience in both will be beneficial when testing these products. With my work schedule I have almost unlimited time to test so I would be able to commit a lot of time to deliver a highly detailed and thorough review. I have experience using the G25, G27, Fanatec 911 GT3 and Thrustmaster GT500RS and would contribute a completely unbiased review including high quality photos and video. I also just purchased a GoPro HD Hero2 so I can film some awesome first-person videos of the wheel in action. The possible camera angles with the GoPro provide a unique perspective of the wheel in action.

I haven't participated in any product reviews in the past, but I've already started doing research to figure out the most important aspects for the review and will put in the work to provide the in-depth information potential customers will be looking for. I know the amount of comprehensive research I do any time I'm searching for a product and I know how beneficial unbiased and detailed reviews are so I'll do my best to deliver that. If I get this opportunity I would also be completely open to questions and requests to help provide any specific information people are looking for. I might not have the most experience, but I'll definitely put in the time and effort to deliver a review that covers everything you want to know about these products and more. The sim racing community has always been super helpful and it would be awesome to get this opportunity to be a part of that and contribute to the product development.

#3553580 - 04/10/12 02:40 AM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
MrWags Offline
MrWags  Offline

I sent Darren a pm saying it was sad how this opportunity could be missed by so many. The idea of being able to provide input regarding a final product is awe inspiring trust me. I feel Fanatec has a presence here in the US but nothing like it does across the pond but for them to do something like this to me says they are gonna make a serious push here and all of us will benefit from that. I do like my Logitech G27 but to be honest it's feel like a toy and to me for what we spend to do this the wheel and pedals are paramount.

These wheels sets are gonna be something and I got a buddy who is chomping at the bit to get his hands on a Nascar Wheel and he knows first hand what that feels like so I can only hope they live up to past products.

There's still time guys sign up please this IS A BIG DEAL.

Be Well
Mr.Wags

#3553990 - 04/10/12 07:38 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
Aiobhill Offline
Aiobhill  Offline

Having a few really strong applications like here on SimHQ is easily good enough, when in the end there will be only one tester selected anyway. While I generally like Fanatec's community interaction, I think there are just too many small forums involved in this testing. For comparison sake, take a look at the codemasters forum, which does not have an overabundance of meaningful hardware discussion on a good day and is virtually dead at this time of the year:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/o...oting-poll.html

#3554025 - 04/10/12 09:11 PM Re: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - SimHQ Tester Wanted! [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
The application phase is now closed and the poll will be open for voting shortly.

Thanks everyone for your interest/comments/applications.

As Aiobhill pointed out, much better to have a handful of strong applications than hundreds of folk just looking for some cut price kit.

Thanks again everyone and Good Luck all!

Roses are #FF0000 , Violets are #0000FF

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.