anyone help to why it keeps crashing to desktop when I try to select the series?
Sorry JD, missed your earlier post.
Since others are not having the same problem, something unique to your installation. In no specific order of checking...
1) Did you have the track and/or mod installed before in an earlier version? Check for old install residue.
2) Does it still CTD with another track?
3) Any error message at all on the screen?
4) Select another series (SSTCC or something else). Run it. No CTD?
5) Check the file paths from the original download. Make sure you install matches and all the files are included.
6) Expand the download to your desktop, go into rFactor and manuall drop each sub-folder into place. Y to overwrite.
7) Rerun "rF config.exe" in the rFactor folder.
8) Are you using JSGME? If yes, check that all the files are copied over.
9) Always a good idea, and cannot hurt your machine... download and run the DirectX9 redist (not the runtime update) from June 2010. Available here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109
10) If all else fails...
Install rFactor v1255 (leaving your original install alone) from the 1 GB download here: http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/downloads/
as a second installation in a different folder name. For example, if your single rFactor installation is C:\Program Files (86x)\rFactor\ ...create a NEW installation called C:\Program Files (86x)\rFactorNEW\ ...or some other similar name. Creating a second install is 100% legit and ISI has no problem with it, as long as you have a legit licensed version on the computer already. It doesn't ask you for new registration information because it references the Trymedia info in a system folder. Then try to install ONLY the DRM revivial download and see if it works okay. THEN add the track and check it.