Forums » SimHQ Community » Community Hall » New tactical shooter in the works Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3532128 - 03/04/12 03:12 PM New tactical shooter in the works
Flogger23m Offline

Loc: California
For those of us looking for a modern SWAT4/Raven Shield style game, it looks like there might be some hope. A small development team was recently created with the intention of creating a PC based tactical shooter. The founded worked on some of the older Red Storm titles as well as Halo Reach. They are taking donations on Kickstarter... if you put in enough money you can win a Beretta 92FS.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/interview-serellan-llc.html

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355932838/crowdsourced-hardcore-tactical-shooter

It sounds promising. Lets hope it actually gets made and released.

Edit:

New video up where he details his ideas a bit more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-pYW_Et9bA&feature=player_embedded#!

#3532131 - 03/04/12 03:27 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
Friday Offline

Loc: Sevenoaks, England.
I'd love a Beretta. If only it would get past customs skyisfalling

I'd also love a modern tactical shooter, I rather liked SWAT 3, I enjoyed SWAT 4 but I felt some thing was missing?
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.

#3532135 - 03/04/12 03:32 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Friday]
Flogger23m Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Friday
I'd love a Beretta. If only it would get past customs skyisfalling

I'd also love a modern tactical shooter, I rather liked SWAT 3, I enjoyed SWAT 4 but I felt some thing was missing?

I never played SWAT 3, but I enjoyed SWAT 4 Gold. Sadly, even after upgrading my GPU, getting an entirely new PC, then updating the CPU on that PC, through many driver changes, the game periodically crashes on me. I still really enjoy the game though. I played Raven Shield a few years later and liked it very much as well. But there is only so many times you can play the same game over and over. A similar game based on 2012 technology and standards would simply be amazing.

#3532136 - 03/04/12 03:32 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
fatty Online   wacky

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Pretty cool. If anyone can do it, it sounds like it's this guy. I am really skeptical that the crowdsourcing approach can 'work' with the old school tacsim crowd, but let's hope I am proven wrong.

#3532147 - 03/04/12 03:44 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
magicalflyer Offline

Loc: Indonesia
I think they do this crowdsourcing thingy on a racing sim recently..CARS isn't it? It looks like it works. I hope his tac shooter sim will work out, too. A brand new SWAT sim is always welcomed. SWAT 3 and 4 are great, I played both of them, though both seem to have ROE that's too cruel for us and the AI officers, and we missed the green glowing stuff you could throw on the floor of a room once you cleared it, among others. I hope this new sim can iron those out.
I surely can't be an investor, but if praying helps, I'll pray for his success.

Edited by magicalflyer (03/04/12 03:49 PM)

#3532671 - 03/05/12 11:43 AM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
Master Offline
meh
Hotshot

Loc: NW Alabama, USA
Well, I am a backer now. I gave them 50 bucks so that I could vote on game features. I think the first think I will post when I get into their forum is the tactical guide by dyslexic.

http://agw.bombs-away.net

RoF: =AGW= Master
Blood, Guts and Oil, My youtube channel

#3532703 - 03/05/12 12:25 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
jenrick Online   biggrin

Interesting, I think I might have to get behind them. Though for $10K I could buy a whole bunch of Berettas and have them engraved.

Interesting choice to give away a Beretta 92FS rather then a 1911 as well.

-Jenrick

#3532732 - 03/05/12 01:02 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
Master Offline
meh
Hotshot

Loc: NW Alabama, USA
I think it is a military shooter so they wanted a current millitary issue handgun. Tthey still issue barettas 92s right?

http://agw.bombs-away.net

RoF: =AGW= Master
Blood, Guts and Oil, My youtube channel

#3532797 - 03/05/12 02:14 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
Raw Kryptonite Online   smile
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

Loc: MS
I had a chance to play GR with him and other members of their GRAW team a few times before he left for Bungie, even afterward IIRC. Very nice crew, knowledgeable and really hard to beat. LOL
These are the guys that gave GR (console) the best host options out there, and 50 maps on GRAW2.
•Logitech G27 Nixim

#3533045 - 03/05/12 06:47 PM Re: New tactical shooter in the works [Re: Flogger23m]
roob Offline

Loc: Sweden
If only I wasn't a student and had money to spare... This sounds awesome!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
PMDG News - P3D2
by Pielstick
Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out?
by the Dutchman
01:58 PM
4k video around the Matterhorn, Swiss Alps
by JimK
12:59 PM
New skydiving record.
by RedToo
11:50 AM
Jack Bruce dies.
by RedToo
11:46 AM
Interesting summary of what we know about Ebola.
by RedToo
11:22 AM
Interested in Staying in the Swiss Alps in the Beautiful Town of Lauterbrunnen Paying No Rent For 1 Year ?
by Haggart
10:56 AM
Civ: Beyond Earth @ a low price!
by - Ice
10:43 AM
Doorkickers tactical help...
by Magnum
10:17 AM
So...that looks like a design flaw...
by AggressorBLUE
10:02 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.