Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
#3547321 - 03/29/12 07:53 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
skimbo Offline
skimbo  Offline

UK
Chin up burnard,

You are a force to be reckoned with - you will have an epiphany and everything will fall into place.

smile

Skimbo

Never open an umbrella in your trousers
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3547356 - 03/29/12 09:01 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Lol, words of encouragement. winkngrin

Just had to walk away from the problem for a couple days. Basicly the problem is that I am vary new at bringing models into game engines. Modelling, texturing, various light maps......no problem. I have heard about this issue before but never encountered it. I beleave it to be largely a long standing issue with 3d max that has been the problem. Andrey suggested a number of things to do (some of which I have heard before but long stuffed in the back of my mind). What I need to do is bring my pivot point from one model over to another (for LOD). But i am retarded and can not for the life of me figure out how. I had an instructer awhile back mention this but I did not throw it in my notes. So far I have found not a peep about it on the net. When I did the energa rifle grenade (which had 2 LOD) this did not occur further driving me nuts.

But in the back of my mind I have been constructing the f5...so its going to have to get done soon.

#3547508 - 03/30/12 03:03 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

If I understand it, you'll need to merge your separate LOD models and get them all aligned together.
Then, make sure their pivot points have the exact same coordinates. Then split them up again.

"It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see.
I'm speaking, of course, of the World of the Invisible Scary Skeletons."

#3547539 - 03/30/12 05:35 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
If that is the problem, then no wonder. I did find a script for 3dsmax that pretty much does the same thing. I'll try this stuff out tomorrow =). When I dropped my lod 2 out and just was using a merged lod 1 for everything I sort of figured that would be enough. Im guessing max must put some crazy hex code (pun HA! sleepy) ingrained and must get picked up by the X file format. So if I was to blame someone would it be max or microsoft? Perhaps myself? dizzy

Oh Kyth have you ever considered bringing over some of your K42 stuff to SABOW? A HUGE job for sure, but unless the market has changed I certainly do not see Graviteam bringing something k42ish over to a SABOW type system anytime soon.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 03/30/12 05:47 AM.
#3547552 - 03/30/12 06:50 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn

Oh Kyth have you ever considered bringing over some of your K42 stuff to SABOW? A HUGE job for sure, but unless the market has changed I certainly do not see Graviteam bringing something k42ish over to a SABOW type system anytime soon.

On the contrary, I think the next simulation up is going to be a WW2 one. yep

http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_163b.html

whoohoo

Last edited by Kyth; 03/30/12 06:59 AM.

"It's fascinating to think that all around us there's an invisible world we can't even see.

#3547813 - 03/30/12 06:12 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
I must have done something right as I got 1 axis to stop rendering out the whole extra model. I wish I knew what the heck I did to do that. I may need the short bus with REALLY BIG pictures in crayon. I feel so pathetic on this one. skyisfalling

Can't beleave I still have not solved this yet...... making me feel quite stupid. However I have been focused on how it should work and not considered sloppy work around solutions to just make the darn thing work.

On a totally random note......Got to take a close look at the new M320 40mm grenade launcher. Vary nice. I'm suprised I liked it as much as I did. I now understand why the Army is dropping the M203.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/01/12 01:39 AM.
#3550913 - 04/05/12 07:50 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Thought I would post a little burb....

I am pretty much totally stalled on forward work. I have spent an insane about of time attepting to get my .50 cal to properly render in game. Suprisingly, the end result is the nearly always the same. A complete model rendered out on each axis / pivot of model. I don't dare invest another 40-60 hours on the m113 until I resolve this. I am certainly NOT giving up. But some piece of the puzzle is missing here.

So where does that leave things for the time being? I have had no issues with bringing in models with just 1 pivot and lod's. I *should* be able to do that f5 and get it to work, however I am a bit gun shy about that right now. So I may end up just doing a simple quick model of a G3 rifle for Iran or a good ole steel pot. Certainly not vary exciting stuff. I am curious about what future patches hold for SABOW as well.

Dystopia will more than likly get tweeked here soon. But I would like to have the .50 cal working before I release it.

On another note that no one probably cares about......

I found my unwrapped model of my Saladin armored car.... with some normal map work done on it..........

#3551226 - 04/05/12 05:39 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

textue is not loaded, but if ANYONE has any clue as to why the hell this is happening............HELP! (the full model on axis / pivot points....)

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/05/12 05:40 PM.
#3552416 - 04/07/12 07:52 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

The most mind boggling stupid problem EVER! 50-60 hours so far attempting to fix this!

Trying crazy things you know will not work

No idea what going on with this mess......But the fact that some of the components are broken up is promising.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/07/12 09:33 PM.
#3552507 - 04/07/12 11:05 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

One more suggestion - have you already tried 'Reset Xform' on all the LOD models?

#3552513 - 04/07/12 11:25 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: Kyth]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
LOL, multiple times. along with link/unlink. Well just about everytihng you can think of.

What is that thing? lol....think this line of thinking is a dead end.

I should also point out that it always renders corret in game model viewer and a handy little utility assimp (wierd name). Just goes bonkers in game. The config file I am using is that of diska, just with path of mesh to mine. No other real changes.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/07/12 11:33 PM.
#3552523 - 04/07/12 11:56 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Think this could be some 64bit max 2011 bug? Perhaps I will try doing all this in 32bit instead. Dought it will do anything but..............

Ok this is wierd. when bringing over file from 64bit to 32bit max, guess what happens? It seems to be dropping hierarchy. Vary odd, however it is not letting me relink things. This is FUNKY.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/08/12 12:40 AM.
#3552542 - 04/08/12 12:47 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Vary interesting............this is VARY odd. Will try and bring over 64bit max file over as a 3ds file. will probably require me unFooking it but this could be the issue. I am vary surpised about this.

Ok after so many hours I have come to the realization that without help from someone more knowledgable than me, this is not going to get in sabow/apos. No idea what is causing this.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/08/12 05:13 AM.
#3552601 - 04/08/12 05:33 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Random thought.... can you have 2 meshes in one chunk? I get that message for my d_mgun. Wonder if perhaps I did something funky when I cloned one the handles. Have not tried to follow up that line of thought. But I still think something is wonky other than that........... But TOTALLY done with messing with this for today.

#3552794 - 04/08/12 05:31 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Donken Offline
Donken  Offline

Im not shure how you tried to get all lods aligned to the same spot, But this is one thing you can do.
Select the main object/part/element/piece (the main parent piece) or whatever you call it in 3dsmax and go to Hierarchy, press affect pivot only, then center to object, and then press align to world. Now you should have the pivot aligned right. Go out of hierarchy tab.

Now you need to center the main piece.
Select the piece and go down to the bottom of the window and move the part to coordinates 0, 0, 0. This way the pivot and the piece is totaly centered.

Now open all other lods and do the exact same thing.

And as Kyth mentioned you should first press reset xform on all pieces (Very important). Specially if you have cloned, mirrored or scaled any piece. Do this before you align the pivots.

#3552834 - 04/08/12 07:09 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
its not lod's getting displayed (tested and retested). Each pivot/axis point renders out the whole model. Its like hierarchy gets dumped when converted to an X file. Tried 2 different exporters now. Panda and kw, both have the same result. Also in max you can copy/paste pivot locations from one to another making it vary easy to line everything up. In my LOD's they are all alined with one another. When you run X to go it generates a list and lets you know if anything shifted.

Should also note that I dumped my LOD's and am just using the p_level and 1 LOD as I attempt to get it to work. I have unlinked, relinked, reset X form, merged into/out of. Also used another model as a test to see, did the same thing. I have used every combo with x exporter settings. Gotten SABOW to crash a number times (I know what NOT to do now =)). Even got graviteams x to go to crash with x port settings.

While I have reset/redone pivoets a zillion times now, it might be worth it just to center all pivots to object (like you said) but of course they will pivot at odd locations....but if it would work...

Netx thing I want to try but have not yet, is to convert to 3ds and bring it into blender. However (this is silly) I can't find the export button/shortcut. I enabled its default x exporter, but can't find where they put the basic of basic commands lol.

#3552850 - 04/08/12 07:28 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Donken Offline
Donken  Offline

Ah i see, Do you have your .max file uploaded somewhere? If you want i can take a look and see if there is something wrong. I can test to export it with kw-xport (the one used for Steel Fury) and see what happens in steel fury.

Do you see if it is wrong in the editor or is it just wrong in the game? What happened when you tested to export another model? Same failure or did that work?

And also sometimes i have accidently changed few settings on a few parts or the scene and i couldnt figure out what was wrong. What i did to fix it was i made a completely new scene, and merged only all s_, d_ and p_ parts to the new scene, Forget about all other settings like gamma, lights and camera settings and so on, even make a new material. Have you tested with a completely new scene?

#3552977 - 04/08/12 11:32 PM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
what version of max are you using? If its before 2010 cant send a max file. However 3ds files work (mainly) and I do have a link to that. I did try the kw xport but another set of eyes would be welcome.

Model renders correct in game model viewer or any other direct X amp.

Indeed I have setup a new scene and merged parts in. Both as a whole model and individually...But more eyes the better on this.

I could vary well have done a vary simple mistake and simply not seen it. Need more experience on this, obviously. winkngrin

I'll pm a link to you.

#3553017 - 04/09/12 01:46 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
Kyth Offline
Kyth  Offline

Hi,

I think you're basing the model structure on the Dshk3?
Assuming it works well in the game, then try taking a detailed look at the Dshk3 3D model, how it's arranged, where all the pivots are at, and do some 'reverse engineering' . smile

The fact that it works, means that something copied well enough will also work.

#3553024 - 04/09/12 02:04 AM Re: SABOW Oh geeezzzz m2.50 [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
It's crazzy making! crazy I tell you! I have most certainly tried this. It is set up exactly as graviteams (in cfg. changed weapon class to m2hb), in model all parts named the same. One thing that I have been trying to follow up with is that in graviteams model with x file and a program called assimp. It shows stock model as having nodes(im guessing the axis/pivot info) while x files exported out of max 2011 do not seem to have this. This is a LONG shot but could be a problem with newer max versions and X format. Again, just guessing and why one of these days Ill try it with blender. Not that I really think it will work, but everything else has not..........yet. I know its doable or I would have given up a week ago. AND I'm stuborn as hell hahaha

Donkins compliled flashburn m2hb........ still no workie but screens are nice right>?

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.