Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3526094 - 02/25/12 08:37 PM Core-Racing V8 Series and F1 updates ;)  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

Hello gentlemen, the other group i race with, well their V8 Supercar series starts off tomorrow, Sunday at 8:30pm UK time. The races kick off at Adelaide. both 2010 and 2011 cars are eligible to be entered and i will be practicing tonight, for anyone who wants to join just follow the information.

Enter the information here http://www.core-racing.co.uk/contact_us.php just say that Steve Hill has reccomended it to you, and you will be sent an account, explain in the message you are interested in running V8's aswell. and also say you run in SCES with me! smile

Heres the series info:

Race Schedule:
26th-Feb - Adelaide
11th-MAR - Albert Park, Melbourne
8th-APR - Eastern Creek, Laser
6th-MAY - Telstra, Sydney
3rd-JUN - Barbagallo, Perth
1st-JUL - Bathurst 90min Endurance Race and x4 Time (To equal real V8 Bathurst 1000k race length)
5th-AUG - Hidden Valley, Darwin
19th-AUG - Winton, Victoria
16th-SEP - Queensland
30th-SEP - Sandown, Victoria

Race Info:
8.30pm Quali 15mins
8.50pm Race 1 / 30mins duration
9.30pm Race 2 / Reversed grid 60mins (Mandatory Pit)

Server settings:
Fuel Usage: Normal
Tyre Wear: Normal
Damage: 80%
TC: off
ABS: off
Race Start (Game Time): 1pm
Time acceleration: None (Except Bathurst)

2nd = 18
3rd = 15
4th = 12
5th = 10
6th = 8
7th = 6
8th = 4
9th = 2
10th= 1
DNF = 0
NOTE: There will be an additional 5 point BONUS, for finishing each race!!!

Series Rules:
Car Usage Rule: The car you choose, is the one you use for this series, both 2010 & 2011 liveries can be used (but, no more than two duplicate cars for the series, if possible). It would help if everyone can put their preferred choice of car on their signup, final car choices will be confirmed one week prior to the start of the series. It'll be a first come basis for your car choice, when it comes to the selection deadline. Some people may not get the car livery they choose, but, you WILL get the same make as your choice. This may cause one or two duplicates, however, the make of car is more important than the livery, as far as driving them is concerned.

Teamspeak: Silence on teamspeak is essential for this series, chatting in practice and warm up is fine but you are expected to be on mute during the race unless there is something important and race related that must be said, eg. calling out another driver for punting you. Anything said should be short and to the point, do not enter into discussions, if there are disagreements just ignore them until after the race.

Pit Rules: Obey pit speed limits and red lights etc at all times.

Complaints: If you have a complaint about another driver send a pm or e-mail to admin after the race with full details of the incident and the rule violation.
Admin dealing with penalties are Darren Adams, Stephen Shadbolt, Graham Kerr and Mark Bolter if you have an incident with one of the admin then send your protest to one of the others, not the one you had the incident with (these incidents will be handled in the normal way as outlined in the Core Rules).

There is also the rule, of if you smash into someone as in punt them off, you have to do a drive through of the pits right away, slowing down for the guy caused issues so this was deemed as the best work around, some people crashed into the person slowing to let the guy they hit back through because of the type of tracks and stuff, so just do a drive through if you ram someone off

Last edited by mr_hill; 03/16/12 04:51 AM.

First Ever Win: STCC, Donnington Park, Race 2, 19th March 2012
First Ever Podium: 2nd, Silverstone SCES 2011
First Ever Pole: Race 1, Thruxton, SSTCC, 8th April 2012
First Ever Fastest Lap: Le Mans, SCES, 3:59.028, 3rd June 2012
Wins: 3 (3 SSTCC)
Podiums: 10 (3 SCES, 7 SSTCC)
Pole Positions: 3 (1 SCES, 2 SSTCC)
Fastest Laps: 1 (1 SCES)

3rd Overall SSTCC Great Britain Series, 2012.

Team: Ozjet Racing
Number(s): 26 (SCES) 27 (STCC)
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3526357 - 02/26/12 09:41 AM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Ze Warthog that is faster then a Cheetah
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
I've applied and should be there for the season opener... March 11 will be crazy, not only should I be working that night, but there's SSTCC, Meganes in rF2 and then this... It'll be a big night if I manage it... Luckily it's my second least favourite track on the schedule...

"The motivation is high, I enjoy taking the smile off other peoples faces"

Mark Webber
#3526490 - 02/26/12 04:47 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

It will be awesome dude im just gonna load up and decide which car im running smile

#3526818 - 02/27/12 04:56 AM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

Well some awesome racing was had at Adelaide! I didn't have the best of starts in the sprint race but hey ho, anyway managed to battle my way through the order to a 7th place finish, was in a 3 way battle at one point. Heading down into the hairpin at the end of the back straight the guy in front of me pulled alongside the other guy, i made a bold and brave move down the right hand side of them both making it 3 wide, i went just a little too deep and ran out wide and they both got back past me.

Few laps later, Heikkenen on of the guys got loose exiting onto the back straight and he let me and Shadbolt the other guy go, it was i think 2 laps from the end i made my move, i got a great run out onto the back straight i was close so i dropped off a little to get a better run through the right hand kink, i nailed it, the speed i had was immense i drafted right up to him and muscled my way up the inside into the hairpin, going through the hairpin the back got loose and well i just whacked on the throttle and a load of counter lock and somehow held it and didnt lose any track time or indeed the position in fact it helped keep him from countering on the exit of the hairpin and 7th was mine. Pumbaa as far as i know had a quiet race and came home 4th.

The feature race, well, now this was interesting, reverse grid meaning i started 7th, (5 people didnt turn up for the race which was a shame), through the first few turns it was complete and utter chaos i couldn't see where i was and there was alot of bumping, so i hopped across the run off and let everyone hustle by and chose to set my own pace in the hour long feature race, i figured i would follow the leaders through the slower guys who started up front for the feature.

So i did, and sure enough i ended up back in a battle for 7th again with Shadbolt, he was ahead yet again, well i did get past him again unfortunatly a guy called Bolter had made a late stop and he was rapid, he caught and passed Shadbolt and my tyres which were now shredded as i had used a hell of alot of the fresh rubber catching and passing Shadbolt, i had no way of defending myself from his onslaught, anyway i had a bad exit onto the back straight and he got past just before the kink, i however i had a good run through there and with it being the last lap i decided to do a do or die move up the inside, unfortunatly i went to deep, and as i was gonna run out wide Shadbolt got into the side of me and it straightened my car and i went into the wall on the exit of the hairpin losing my front bumper, i also dropped another place to Shadbolt who caught and passed me whilst i turned around, but still i came home in the points as i was a lap ahead of the guy behind after shadbolt.

So overall a thoroughly enjoyable race! with just a couple of driver errors of my own smile these V8's are a hell of a blast, round 2 is Albert Park Melbourne i say bring it on! biggrin

#3526915 - 02/27/12 09:53 AM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
Sounds like a lotta fun. Well done Steve! smile

Roses are #FF0000 , Violets are #0000FF
#3527090 - 02/27/12 03:24 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

i'll do a vid of my race highlights smile sprint and feature smile

#3527183 - 02/27/12 05:45 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
It was a lot of fun DB...

I wasn't happy with the set I had going, but a set up Steve was given was even worse on tyre wear than mine, so I kept making slight changes to try and get the most out of it... If I can do a better job for Melbourne I might be able to tackle the fast guys there...

Qualy went better than expected and I was 0.3s up on my previous PB and ended up 4th on the grid... But I was still some 1.2s off the best time I had seen set, and 0.4s off of pole...

I got a great start in the Sprint race, only to have the guy in 2nd miss the start thanks to not hearing the beeps, and I had to avoid him pushing me back to third going through the Senna chicane... I knew I didn't have the pace of the leaders, so I tried to keep my pace steady and stay in front of the 2nd place qualifier, who was charging hard trying to find a way past... I started looking too much in my mirrors and began making little mistakes, and he was all over me, and on 1 lap made a move into the hairpin, but he over cooked it and I got back through... Only to make a bigger mistake and let him through easily... From then on in it was a matter of survival for me as I had no chance of catching the 3 ahead of me, and the gap behind was already 9 seconds, so I decided to just keep that gap constant and make the races end...

For some reason the final changes that worked for me didn't save, even though I saved it to a new file name before the start of the sprint race, and I didn't realise until the timer for the race had started... So the start of the feature reverse grid race was a frantic challenge to get the set up similar to what I had before... I made it and again had a decent start and got past Steve in the run down to the Senna chicane.... I planned on trying to make my way through the field faster than the fast guys and was making a good go of it until a mistake by a driver 2 spots ahead of me caused a bottle neck just after the Senna S a few laps in... Thus allowing one of the fast guys through, and then a mistake by me let the pole sitter and first race winner through... I was at this point that I realised that I got the tyre pressures wrong and had rear temp issues, thus making my job of making up for lost ground even harder... I spent the next 10 laps catching up on the guys in front and then making a mistake and having to do it all over again... After making a adjustment during the one and only pit stop I was able to get myself back up to 6th and hold it... The guy in 5th made a mistake going through the sweeper and had to pit again, gifting me 5th... I then made the goal of keeping on the lead lap as the leading pack hunted me down, I ran wide into through the final 2 turns, and lost just enough time so that on the final lap I had to let the leaders past as they were less then 2 seconds apart and I didn't want to get in the way of a good fight...

So 2 top 5 finishes was the result... Loving racing this mod again... I'll be trying to keep myself up for the Melbourne race, but I'll be trying to make sure my schedule is a lot easier on me for the rest of the season... It all depends on what my next contract is...

Mark Webber
#3527194 - 02/27/12 05:56 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

yeah cheers for coming out and racing Pumbaa know your busy and all but overall some great racing and the season is sure to be fantastic!

#3527201 - 02/27/12 06:00 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
Originally Posted By: mr_hill
yeah cheers for coming out and racing Pumbaa know your busy and all but overall some great racing and the season is sure to be fantastic!

Timing worked in my favour for this race... So far I've had 2 days off, which is just great lol... only another 3 weeks on the contract, then it's time to find a new one... Joys... lol... But at least I'll be able to have more fun in the simulated world wink

Mark Webber
#3528404 - 02/29/12 04:48 AM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
Here's a video from the sprint race

Mark Webber
#3528587 - 02/29/12 01:29 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

Whey my bold 3 wide move made the highlights shame it didn't come off though frown still mightily proud of the move to get past Shadbolt in the hairpin eventually smile

#3528603 - 02/29/12 02:15 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
They missed on me and Heinz's move through that hairpin as well.. He went up the inside, over shot it by just enough for me to throw it back up the inside and be in front before the double left.. great fun...

Mark Webber
#3528613 - 02/29/12 02:29 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

i tell ya if the racing continues like this for the rest of the season, it will be one to remember!

#3528618 - 02/29/12 02:45 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
Originally Posted By: mr_hill
i tell ya if the racing continues like this for the rest of the season, it will be one to remember!

Yeah I just hope I can make it for them... I'm hoping to get a hospital job soon, as they are pretty easy, only the occasion nutjob to deal with, which is better than thousands of them lol...

Mark Webber
#3528619 - 02/29/12 02:47 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

Yeah hope you get that sorted dude! cant be missing out on possibly the most enjoyable cars to race now wink

#3528825 - 02/29/12 06:24 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
Same dude, I'm thinking about jumping into a few of their GT3 races as well... Hockenheim and Zolder will be a struggle that's for sure... Right after the SCES race lol...

Mark Webber
#3529243 - 03/01/12 03:52 AM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

lol yeah, i've signed up for that so not only will i be doing 2 hours or so of SCES i will also be then hopping over into them, problem is the setups on the GT3's is such a friggin pain to get right, cos they oversteer like a #%&*$# or you get cronic understeer lol

#3529265 - 03/01/12 05:02 AM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
It's Hockenheim, so depending on the version I'd be looking at the Viper Lambo or something else that has a lot of grunt...

Last edited by Pumbaa666; 03/01/12 05:46 PM. Reason: This is GT3 not NAGT lol

Mark Webber
#3529690 - 03/01/12 05:37 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
Race 2 highlights... Some great moves were made in this reverse grid race, as well as plenty of mistakes by me lol...

Mark Webber
#3529708 - 03/01/12 05:55 PM Re: Core-Racing V8 Series [Re: mr_hill]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

and plenty of mistakes by me aswell lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.