Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover - Extended Discussions » Friday update Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3526482 - 02/26/12 11:34 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

LOL going to try that tonight Avimimus, il let you know how it goes.

#3526527 - 02/26/12 01:05 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
HeinKill Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Avimimus
It is quite the logical hint - get your girlfriend or wife to sit on your lap while flying (re-enacting the scene) and the sim becomes a romantic evening (rather than competition). IMHO, it doesn't actually work, but it is a nice sentiment on his part.

Oh come on, Spitgirl was the dumbest idea ever seen in a sim.

Should have been Spitcamel. That would have been true love.

So it was that the war in the air began. Men rode upon the whirlwind that night and slew and fell like archangels. The sky rained heroes upon the astonished earth. Surely the last fights of mankind were the best. What was the heavy pounding of your Homeric swordsmen, what was the creaking charge of chariots, besides this swift rush, this crash, this giddy triumph, this headlong sweep to death?

H. G. Wells, 'The World Set Free,' 1914.

#3526604 - 02/26/12 03:56 PM Re: Friday update [Re: HeinKill]
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Loc: Canada
HeinKill, the entire Western and Eastern world will surely rush to judge your love - so I'll do you the favour of not joining in with them. While, I'm not personally attracted in that way - I'll concede, at least, that they are admirable creatures.

#3526610 - 02/26/12 04:07 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
Trooper117 Offline

Loc: UK
THAT MAN!!.. GET YOUR FLIPPIN EARS CLEANED!.. (have you seen how filthy they are??) The camel looks more hygenic.

#3526647 - 02/26/12 05:18 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
HeinKill Offline

Loc: Denmark
I have my new Battle for Moscow Simpit ready boys!

And here, exclusive to SimHQ visitors, I have a preview of the alpha for the next 1C Flight Sim in development, "Battle for Bengazi" showing lifelike lighting and models, and fully functional attack camel (hull down).

So it was that the war in the air began. Men rode upon the whirlwind that night and slew and fell like archangels. The sky rained heroes upon the astonished earth. Surely the last fights of mankind were the best. What was the heavy pounding of your Homeric swordsmen, what was the creaking charge of chariots, besides this swift rush, this crash, this giddy triumph, this headlong sweep to death?

H. G. Wells, 'The World Set Free,' 1914.

#3526874 - 02/27/12 03:00 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
PV1 Online   content
sometime mudslinger

Loc: Ladner, Wet Coast, Canada

Speaking of Spitgirl, I did a forum search and there's surprisingly little discussion.
I found this image from one of Heinkill's threads:

This looks rather like what I get with the in-cockpit view, but the black region forms a
ring cropping out about 2/3s of the screen, all the way around, ie it is impossible to see
enough to fly. Is this what everybody sees, and is there any way to move ones view position
forward, presumably to emerge from the centre of the flying helmet which engulfs one in this
view but no other?

Even if this is just a joke, someone ought to have taken the time to make it work right...

#3526892 - 02/27/12 03:58 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
PV1 Online   content
sometime mudslinger

Loc: Ladner, Wet Coast, Canada
OK, I didn't mean to interrupt the camel theme which developed while
I was off searching on spitgirl, so here is an image (linked out,
as it isn't one of mine, and I seem to recall that such items aren't allowed
to be inline here) sort of in keeping with the general topic
http://michaelexile.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/moscoso66cw.jpg?w=500&h=453

Well, I know there are much better images out there, some of them
also moscoso's, but I can't find them without a much longer search.

#3526917 - 02/27/12 05:03 AM Re: Friday update [Re: Avimimus]
commorange Offline

Loc: Troy, OH
Originally Posted By: Avimimus
I find this quite exciting - I figure it increases the probability that they'll model collisions with trees... (given time)

I got Pacific Fighters because I wanted to try flying the Ki-43, but more importantly, because it would lower the daylight muzzleflashes on my Mig-3... The dev's can't please everyone: If they announced they were making a submarine sim - I wouldn't be thrilled, but I'd still be excited to have AI submarines which dive when under attack wink

IMHO, at some point you have to decide between a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty. The first is more fun.

Ah the Ki-43 Oscar. Possibly the most maneuverable fighter of WW2, but much too slow . You can give P-40's and Wildcats a handful but against later
allied planes its hopelessly outclassed. Also only armed with two weak MG's. Aim for the Engine or cockpit and hope to critically damage the engine or pilot.. I could be wrong but American Ace Neal Kearby in a P-47 was reported to have been shot down by an Oscar that got a lucky burst into his cockpit. (But it might have been a Ki-61 Tony that got him). I built a scale model Oscar once. Such a tiny cockpit. Those Japanese Army pilots had to have been jockey size to fit in it. The could only have weighed 130-140 lbs tops and not taller than about 5' 6" if that. Online I had some fun with it but extreme aggravation. For 20 minutes I flew circles around some guy in a Hellcat till I ran out of ammo and had to RTB. As you might guess the jerk followed me all the way back and killed me when I was trying to land. What a hero.
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3526918 - 02/27/12 05:09 AM Re: Friday update [Re: Para_Bellum]
commorange Offline

Loc: Troy, OH
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
I envy you for your optimism, Aimimus. I really do.

I'd actually be happy if I had a glass half full. At the moment I feel like I've ordered a glass of water, got a tambourine instead and get told that I'll get a pair of sandals to go with that sometime in the future. That's probably great if you like tambourines and sandals but I just want a glass of water thank you.

wink

I feel much the same Para. Except I feel like I booked a flight to Russia in a state of the art Tupolev jet airliner seated in first class with a 5 course meal. But the airliner turned out to be a Cardboard box and the meal was a slice of moldy bread and warm water.

Edited by commorange (02/27/12 05:10 AM)
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3526922 - 02/27/12 05:30 AM Re: Friday update [Re: commorange]
Aces High 2 Offline
AKA: "Aces"

Loc: Kingston, Surrey, UK.
Originally Posted By: commorange

I feel like I booked a flight to Russia in a state of the art Tupolev jet airliner seated in first class with a 5 course meal. But the airliner turned out to be a Cardboard box and the meal was a slice of moldy bread and warm water.

You've obviously not flown with "Sleezy Jet" lately mate biggrin

Best regards

Aces
"IL-2 MAT Manager" program co-developer, Silent Hunter III "Super Turms", "Super Pens", "Crew on Deck" and other mods, Multi-Skin Bombers developer for Wings of Victory BDG version 2.10 + various Steel Fury mods. BoB Development Group member.

Gamefront: http://tinyurl.com/bpbaeyl
Mediafire: http://tinyurl.com/bn2aoqt
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/clvy94f
RSS Feed: http://tinyurl.com/cpbbqv9
Blog: http://tinyurl.com/cv44x82

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  EinsteinEP, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
What the heck just happened here????
by Kodiak
10:22 PM
Okay, it's official. I suck and need help!
by - Ice
10:08 PM
Dogs of War this Sunday
by Asid
09:36 PM
Interesting Nvidia turf software
by Chivas
08:44 PM
Interesting Nvidia turf software
by Chivas
08:35 PM
The extra planes....
by - Ice
06:58 PM
Impressive!
by peppergomez
03:21 PM
PMDG News - P3D2
by Pielstick
02:08 PM
Will there be a SimHQ review now it's officially out?
by the Dutchman
01:58 PM
4k video around the Matterhorn, Swiss Alps
by JimK
12:59 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.