Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover - Extended Discussions » Friday update Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3525965 - 02/25/12 10:37 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

Loc: The Dust,Pandora
Interesting, so the Black Death track is no longer working after the last code modifications they've implemented... What if the same happens to their work on ground objects when they (finally) start working on the parts of the code that affect the flight simulation aspect of CoD ?
Will they trash the ground warfare, or scale it back and do some more work in it, hence making the current progress somewhat of a waste, or will they be looking at ways to reduce the impact of further code improvement on the tanks, hence sacrificing the flight sim aspect for the novelty value of being able to drive a Panzer GTA-style across Essex ?

Doesn't make much sense for the studio and their reputation as simulation elitists to be adding an half-assed arcade tank driving aspect to CoD when there's still much to do on the air combat side... For that matter, how much sense does a WW2 tank game make without infantry ?

It almost looks like someone up the corporate hierarchy is trying to turn CoD into some kind of Battlefield or ArmA copy. March on Ubi's HQ with torches and pitchforks anyone ?

Such a joke, though something's telling me I won't be laughing at the punchline.

Cheers

Nico

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r

#3525989 - 02/25/12 11:19 AM Re: Friday update [Re: Chivas]
HeinKill Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: DaveP63
Now about these dromedaries...Would they be the one hump variety or the two hump variety?

The community voted and decided on one hump. Adding the second hump would take to much time, thats desperately needed to fix the FM.

You start with a one humper. There is a double hump powerup. The double hump powerup enables the AAA loadout.

H

So it was that the war in the air began. Men rode upon the whirlwind that night and slew and fell like archangels. The sky rained heroes upon the astonished earth. Surely the last fights of mankind were the best. What was the heavy pounding of your Homeric swordsmen, what was the creaking charge of chariots, besides this swift rush, this crash, this giddy triumph, this headlong sweep to death?

H. G. Wells, 'The World Set Free,' 1914.

#3525992 - 02/25/12 11:26 AM Re: Friday update [Re: Bokononist]
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bokononist
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Originally Posted By: FIScott

At least they are learning how to handle their crowd.

Some of us notice the smoke and mirrors.

As I see it, the community asked for regular updates, the devs listened and delivered said updates.
I would call that a good result for those that wanted them, and a good sign that the developers are actually listening to what the community wants.
As for all the speculating that goes on after these updates well, thats all it is, speculation, nothing to worry about.
I'm going to reserve my judgement, good bad or otherwise until the beta patch arrives.
In the mean time I'm going to fly my underpowered, inadequately modelled yet somehow immensly fun Spit 1A. xwing

agreed Bokononist. The updates have been helpfull in that they elimiated any speculation as to whether the sim was still being worked on. We continue to speculate

#3526019 - 02/25/12 12:26 PM Re: Friday update [Re: HeinKill]
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver

Loc: Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
Originally Posted By: HeinKill

You start with a one humper. There is a double hump powerup. The double hump powerup enables the AAA loadout.

H

I hope that gun doesn't have to much recoil, with the position of the butt it could have eye-watering consequences for the rider Wounded

Edited by Bokononist (02/25/12 12:27 PM)

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3526047 - 02/25/12 01:32 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
Lixma Offline

Loc: Londinium
I think we can all agree that the disastrous first year of COD's life has, on this day, been substantially mitigated on learning that there exists a website called camelphotos.com.

And I've every confidence that the 'Camel Hub of the Web' will be my first port of call whenever I find myself in pressing need for a dromedarian image or two.

Carry on.

#3526399 - 02/26/12 08:00 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
Rodney Offline
Tea & Medals

Has luthier got an email address? I'd love to share my vision of the future of flightsims with him.

#3526407 - 02/26/12 08:31 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Agreed Rodney, wouldn't mind having a chat with him myself.

#3526412 - 02/26/12 08:51 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
Trooper117 Offline

Loc: UK
And I can guess exactly what your first question would be.. smile

#3526429 - 02/26/12 09:50 AM Re: Friday update [Re: Trooper117]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

"Spitgirl.......really?" screwy

#3526465 - 02/26/12 11:04 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Loc: Canada
It is quite the logical hint - get your girlfriend or wife to sit on your lap while flying (re-enacting the scene) and the sim becomes a romantic evening (rather than competition). IMHO, it doesn't actually work, but it is a nice sentiment on his part.

Page 8 of 13 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  EinsteinEP, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Doorkickers tactical help...
by Magnum
So...that looks like a design flaw...
by AggressorBLUE
Does not support multi monitor/Triple Screen..
by mac495
2014 Wings Over North Georgia Airshow
by CJBuff
Cost of University in U.S. $10,000/semester; Germany = Free & for International Students
by Haggart
09:12 AM
Great to see so much SB lately...
by Magnum
08:26 AM
Absolutely great Uncharted: Drake's Fortune fan film
by semmern
06:40 AM
Can anybody proof the rumor on low cost russian version
by Zoltann
05:28 AM
Carenado Cessna 206 X-Plane 10
by Scoobe
03:30 AM
Modifying Labels
by RANSs9
01:42 AM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.