Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3525863 - 02/25/12 08:29 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Forget Oleg, he's gone, and I don't care one jot that his 'vision' was to have some battlefield 1942 utopia.
What I wanted, and paid for was a Battle of Britain experience that has been pushed aside as unworking for many, for some idiotic all singing all dancing 'let's play war' game..
I have followed the IL2 experience from day one and have been a loyal fan and have bought everything they have produced. But the reason I parted from my hard earned cash, and willingly, was for my love of WWII 'aviation'.
Looking at other forums I know for a fact I'm not alone. The IL2 experience has taken a very meaningful turn in the wrong direction, and sooner or later, an enterprising body will jump into the void they are creating and will steal the crown.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3525865 - 02/25/12 08:33 AM Re: Friday update [Re: ATAG_Bliss]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Bliss
Originally Posted By: Force10

This is not the usual debate that has been done to death, this is a new issue about buying a flight sim and having it being turned into something else. It's going to be discussed, get over it...IMO

Turned into something else? New issue? No wonder people are soo upset. No one even researched the title they bought in the 1st place. The ground war stuff has been in the works for years. Why do some of you people think the sim is magically changing from what the initial scope was? I really wish some people would take the time and at least research the sim before pounding their chest saying it's not what they paid for. If you didn't want drivable vehicles perhaps you should have complained about them 2 years ago, or even better, maybe you could've complained about it when you saw in the controls section was an area dedicated to just for vehicles. I mean, here's your sign lol.

All these forums are straight up comedy gold. Thanks to all of those that add to them.

Here's a radical thought: Maybe people are upset that they are working on making it a tank sim when they haven't even made it a combat flight sim yet. They are spending money for people to code the drivable vehicles when maybe they could have used the funds to get the flight sim part working. Fix the freakin' flight sim part first, then they can make a drivable tractor that you can import your Wii avatar into for all I care.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#3525869 - 02/25/12 08:51 AM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Bliss, when we get the patch and it fixes the CTDs, it adds historical FMs and a AI that makes single player worth playing then people(me included) will be much more welcoming to these "other things".
Even if he told us the CTDs have been fixed(why havent they?) and the FMs fixed(again, why cant they?) and the AI improved it would of helped allay peoples worries.

They have had almost full year, we should have a working flight sim with historical FMs if nothing else right?

On a side note, did the tracers look better in that last vid, less lasers? <------------ positive smile

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 02/25/12 09:18 AM.
#3525897 - 02/25/12 11:10 AM Re: Friday update [Re: Brigstock]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

Originally Posted By: Brigstock
Originally Posted By: TROOPER117
Smoother and a more stable game will be a step in the right direction to be sure..
But to show yet another video of how the ground forces aspect is developing, when they have acknowledged they aren't even sure if it will make it into the finished game is a non event..
We hopefully wanted to see how the 'flight simulation' side is improving.. Is it me? Am I assuming too much by wanting to see some actual air combat simulation progress?.. if so I apologize in advance.

It ain't just you....

I think for the purposes of the last 3 weeks of updates it was never intended to be anything but a non event. It is clear enough that they have had hell on trying to put together the latest update that, lets face it, is all but a game re-write. The pressure to say something, anything, was mounting as the peasants were revolting so we just had three weeks of fluff and they got a bit of breathing space.

At least they are learning how to handle their crowd.

#3525900 - 02/25/12 11:22 AM Re: Friday update [Re: FIScott]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Originally Posted By: FIScott

Some of us notice the smoke and mirrors.

#3525942 - 02/25/12 02:52 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Para_Bellum]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
I hope they dont forget the killstreak rewards this time. it will be so cool to get a care package for shooting down 3 planes. cheers

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#3525947 - 02/25/12 03:02 PM Re: Friday update [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Bokononist Offline
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Bokononist  Offline

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

As I see it, the community asked for regular updates, the devs listened and delivered said updates.
I would call that a good result for those that wanted them, and a good sign that the developers are actually listening to what the community wants.
As for all the speculating that goes on after these updates well, thats all it is, speculation, nothing to worry about.
I'm going to reserve my judgement, good bad or otherwise until the beta patch arrives.
In the mean time I'm going to fly my underpowered, inadequately modelled yet somehow immensly fun Spit 1A. xwing

Last edited by Bokononist; 02/25/12 03:03 PM.

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3525954 - 02/25/12 03:15 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada

Originally Posted By: csThor
Originally Posted By: Avimimus
Originally Posted By: csThor
For starters PR has always been the red-headed stepchild of MG and with Luthier at the helm it's only gotten worse so I guess they don't want to invest more than the bare minimum of time.

Interesting CsThor, we've both been around for a long time - however, my view is a little different: I thought Oleg was usually brilliant in his personal style and PR back in the post-release heyday. Things just deteriorated after 2007...

I don't think this was a company strategy but Oleg's personal style. There was no "conscious thought" behind it, it was more like an instinctual thing since Oleg put too much "blood & sweat" into it. PR-wise Maddox Games was always not particularly creative - we never got more than screenshots and more or less cryptic statements, often less than substantial ones at that. They were never comparable to what Jason does at ROF (which I find most informative and upfront).

Yes, I suppose a lot of it was indeed personal style. He is very charismatic in his own way (in part because we don't always understand what he is saying wink )

Originally Posted By: TROOPER117
Forget Oleg, he's gone, and I don't care one jot that his 'vision' was to have some battlefield 1942 utopia.

Never! Viva la visión! We will see it fulfilled someday!

#3525956 - 02/25/12 03:18 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Pudfark]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: Pudfark
After reading the "animal" posts....?
I'd say that CloD has hit rock bottom...

Good Post Furbs....Seems like the warden is running the asylum here. elmo

Yes, well - does this mean that we're a parliament "the only madhouse run by the inmates")? wink

I'm sorry if the sense of humour is a bit too much - but I do swear that somewhere, deep inside of me, there is a hidden little place which silently screams for me to request 'pet donkey' as a feature.

Originally Posted By: Chivas
Later in the thread BlackSix indicates there will be a collision model for the Trees in the future. Its highly unlikely that the next patch will address all the game play issues, but it should be a good start.

I've moved from half-believing it is possible to four-fifths believing it is possible - I'm euphoric. biggrin

You better not be wrong Chivs'... wink

Originally Posted By: theOden
While I do see use for First-person-AAA, I'm not so sure about first-person-tanks.

Well they have the ballistics model, turrets & sights, damage models for vehicles and the terrain/graphics engine. So, they can produce a pretty neat toy (~on par with Panzer Commander) for very little effort.

From a software development point of view it makes sense. It is like gold from lead, the philosopher's stone - they can produce product for very little additional development cost, while most of the work is focused on improving the engine.

#3525959 - 02/25/12 03:23 PM Re: Friday update [Re: ATAG_Snapper]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: ATAG_Snapper
Originally Posted By: bisher
Could you condense that Furbs, way too many words

"WTF?"

I wuz just teasing, though when I see muliple paragraphs in a post my eyes do glaze over

Thanks Fearless nice condensation, %30 seems smack on biggrin

#3525965 - 02/25/12 03:37 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
VonBarb. Offline
Earth-bound misfit
VonBarb.  Offline
Earth-bound misfit
Hotshot

The Dust,Pandora
Interesting, so the Black Death track is no longer working after the last code modifications they've implemented... What if the same happens to their work on ground objects when they (finally) start working on the parts of the code that affect the flight simulation aspect of CoD ?
Will they trash the ground warfare, or scale it back and do some more work in it, hence making the current progress somewhat of a waste, or will they be looking at ways to reduce the impact of further code improvement on the tanks, hence sacrificing the flight sim aspect for the novelty value of being able to drive a Panzer GTA-style across Essex ?

Doesn't make much sense for the studio and their reputation as simulation elitists to be adding an half-assed arcade tank driving aspect to CoD when there's still much to do on the air combat side... For that matter, how much sense does a WW2 tank game make without infantry ?

It almost looks like someone up the corporate hierarchy is trying to turn CoD into some kind of Battlefield or ArmA copy. March on Ubi's HQ with torches and pitchforks anyone ?

Such a joke, though something's telling me I won't be laughing at the punchline.

Cheers

Nico

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r
#3525989 - 02/25/12 04:19 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Chivas]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted By: Chivas
Originally Posted By: DaveP63
Now about these dromedaries...Would they be the one hump variety or the two hump variety?

The community voted and decided on one hump. Adding the second hump would take to much time, thats desperately needed to fix the FM.

You start with a one humper. There is a double hump powerup. The double hump powerup enables the AAA loadout.

H

[Linked Image]
#3525992 - 02/25/12 04:26 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Bokononist]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bokononist
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

As I see it, the community asked for regular updates, the devs listened and delivered said updates.
I would call that a good result for those that wanted them, and a good sign that the developers are actually listening to what the community wants.
As for all the speculating that goes on after these updates well, thats all it is, speculation, nothing to worry about.
I'm going to reserve my judgement, good bad or otherwise until the beta patch arrives.
In the mean time I'm going to fly my underpowered, inadequately modelled yet somehow immensly fun Spit 1A. xwing

agreed Bokononist. The updates have been helpfull in that they elimiated any speculation as to whether the sim was still being worked on. We continue to speculate

#3526019 - 02/25/12 05:26 PM Re: Friday update [Re: HeinKill]  
Bokononist Offline
Bokononist  Offline

Liverpool, UK (Cornish exile)
Originally Posted By: HeinKill

You start with a one humper. There is a double hump powerup. The double hump powerup enables the AAA loadout.

H

I hope that gun doesn't have to much recoil, with the position of the butt it could have eye-watering consequences for the rider Wounded

Last edited by Bokononist; 02/25/12 05:27 PM.

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

#3526047 - 02/25/12 06:32 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Lixma Offline
Lixma  Offline

Londinium
I think we can all agree that the disastrous first year of COD's life has, on this day, been substantially mitigated on learning that there exists a website called camelphotos.com.

And I've every confidence that the 'Camel Hub of the Web' will be my first port of call whenever I find myself in pressing need for a dromedarian image or two.

Carry on.

#3526399 - 02/26/12 01:00 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Rodney Offline
Tea & Medals
Rodney  Offline
Tea & Medals

Has luthier got an email address? I'd love to share my vision of the future of flightsims with him.

#3526407 - 02/26/12 01:31 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Agreed Rodney, wouldn't mind having a chat with him myself.

#3526412 - 02/26/12 01:51 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
And I can guess exactly what your first question would be.. smile

#3526429 - 02/26/12 02:50 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Trooper117]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

"Spitgirl.......really?" screwy

#3526465 - 02/26/12 04:04 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
It is quite the logical hint - get your girlfriend or wife to sit on your lap while flying (re-enacting the scene) and the sim becomes a romantic evening (rather than competition). IMHO, it doesn't actually work, but it is a nice sentiment on his part.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.