Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3397193 - 09/25/11 04:05 AM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
For some reason I'm reminded about that South Park episode about the people who bought the hybrid SUV's and the "smug" forecast for San Francisco. wink

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3397219 - 09/25/11 04:59 AM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
WhistlinggDeath Offline
WhistlinggDeath  Offline

La Jolla, CA
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Panzer. I was on beer number 8 or 9 last night as my experiment finished up when I when I started getting out of control. The episode you mention (I went to UC Berkeley for grad school) is my second favorite of all time, right behind the ADHD one where the children all pretend to have the disorder. Intelligence is not partial to either party or side and I have met some high IQ Republicans but it is a rarity. By far when I meet folks who seem to fit in that IQ 145 and over category they all seem to lean neutral or liberal. On the other hand, that is why I think it is easier for Republicans to have a more agreed upon agenda. You get an extremely intelligent dope smoking painter with an extremely intelligent pony tailed tree hugging environmentalist with an extremely intelligent writer of French romance literature and they cant agree about anything. You get three hunters from South Carolina with a 100 IQ and they will be right on the party mark with answer after answer. The last Republican I can think of who seemed of very high native intelligence (not to be confused with educational pedigree or memory storage ability) was William F Buckley, but he is now deceased.

Unfortunately, most of the world's best physicists and engineers are liberal.

Last edited by WhistlinggDeath; 09/25/11 05:03 AM.

If you can defeat me in a fair same altitude duel, you are either Hartmann's ghost or you have a ganja problem that needs treatment.

Like asking weird questions and are good at math? Maybe you can join us at the Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego. Tackling the grand mysteries of the age with science.

At the core of most of life's deep mysteries, is the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ..... mathematics.
#3397279 - 09/25/11 08:45 AM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Old Dux Offline
Hotshot
Old Dux  Offline
Hotshot

Derbyshire
Professor of Physics, Jim Al-Khalili of Surrey University has promised to eat his boxer shorts on live TV if the findings prove to be correct. He doesn't state if they will be freshly laundered for this entertaining spectacle.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------

#3397480 - 09/25/11 08:15 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: WhistlinggDeath]  
MedinaES Offline
MedinaES  Offline

Destination Unknown...
Originally Posted By: WhistlinggDeath
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Panzer. I was on beer number 8 or 9 last night as my experiment finished up when I when I started getting out of control. The episode you mention (I went to UC Berkeley for grad school) is my second favorite of all time, right behind the ADHD one where the children all pretend to have the disorder. Intelligence is not partial to either party or side and I have met some high IQ Republicans but it is a rarity. By far when I meet folks who seem to fit in that IQ 145 and over category they all seem to lean neutral or liberal. On the other hand, that is why I think it is easier for Republicans to have a more agreed upon agenda. You get an extremely intelligent dope smoking painter with an extremely intelligent pony tailed tree hugging environmentalist with an extremely intelligent writer of French romance literature and they cant agree about anything. You get three hunters from South Carolina with a 100 IQ and they will be right on the party mark with answer after answer. The last Republican I can think of who seemed of very high native intelligence (not to be confused with educational pedigree or memory storage ability) was William F Buckley, but he is now deceased.

Unfortunately, most of the world's best physicists and engineers are liberal.

I like Pepsi and Swedish blondes, does it count?

#3401056 - 09/30/11 09:40 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Do you have them at the same time?

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#3525234 - 02/24/12 01:44 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Yep, and he's been LAWLing ever since...

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/science/luciddreams/scientists-admit-speed-of-light-not-broken/ rofl

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#3525308 - 02/24/12 03:15 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Rends Offline
Rends  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: TerribleTwo
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

Yep, and he's been LAWLing ever since...

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/science/luciddreams/scientists-admit-speed-of-light-not-broken/ rofl

Second link article is wrong. The scientists never claimed that the speed of light was broken (read article one).

Fight blood cancer register at : http://www.dkmsamericas.org/
#3525448 - 02/24/12 06:23 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

I was responding to "Einstein's good run"... He never stopped running....

Einstein was far ahead of his time. The man had the unnatural insight to see things other humans couldn't. In this case, even a multi-billion $ test lab.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#3525538 - 02/24/12 08:09 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: FearlessFrog]  
SHar82 Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99
SHar82  Offline
Ol f@rt gamer since Ti99

Toronto, Canada
Look like good ol' Einstein is back in the race... ;-)

Spring chicken to sh!tehawk in one easy lesson

PSN/XBL: Guynemer27
WarThunder/STEAM: Guynemer27
EA/Origin: Dude27
Project Cars: Dude27
#3525560 - 02/24/12 08:24 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: TerribleTwo]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

That's certainly untrue - the scientists reported this, but they also pointed out that it's likely just a hardware fault. Regardless, it's important to investigate in the case that it hadn't been.

Einstein didn't have any more insight into things than other scientists on the same level. A lot of his work is built on work by others, just as everything in science, and those other scientists are famous also.

He also didn't like quantum mechanics ("God does not play dice with the universe") ... but so far, he appears to have been wrong.

Einstein was far ahead of his time. The man had the unnatural insight to see things other humans couldn't. In this case, even a multi-billion $ test lab.

--
44th VFW
#3525565 - 02/24/12 08:35 PM Re: Subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light? [Re: TerribleTwo]  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA

He also didn't like the idea of an expanding universe! screwy I think he's been proven wrong on that one too...

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.