Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#3525505 - 02/24/12 07:42 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

leave Luthier alone, what dont you understand about WIP, place holders and the sim having to be released unfinished. Have some patience, making flight sims is very hard.
You "are we there yet?" guys really should get a life.

partything

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3525553 - 02/24/12 08:21 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Later in the thread BlackSix indicates there will be a collision model for the Trees in the future. Its highly unlikely that the next patch will address all the game play issues, but it should be a good start.

I don't have a problem with the development working on the ground war aspect of the sim. Its doesn't imply to me that the developer is abandoning the flight sim aspects of the sim. It suggests to me that the developer is confident that the air combat issues of the sim will be addressed. It also suggests that the sim is on more stable financial grounds, than I thought. The only part of the update that gave me pause was the "Coming Soon". Then I realized nothing comes soon with this development and I felt better. wink Like I said before, I can see them slowly introducing ground war features into the series and then a full Combined Forces sim released after all the major Air Theaters have been done. It is possible we could see a Combined Forces sim sooner if the main IC develop group hires or assigns another development crew to build those sims with the new IL-2 engine.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3525554 - 02/24/12 08:21 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Bumfluff Offline
Bumfluff  Offline

Unfortunately I have ot played this game for months now. I bought what I thought was going to be a flight sim. Now it's turning into a tank sim?

WTF? Seriously.

#3525557 - 02/24/12 08:23 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Furbs...

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

#3525558 - 02/24/12 08:23 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Ah, the Friday update.

They are basically Catnip for Complaints at this stage smile

As for the content, interesting things for me:

- The graphics updates don't sound like they are months away, or they are really bad at lying.

- The Black Death track not working anymore is perhaps a peak into the fact that there may be some breaking changes coming. They might not have planned for missions and stuff breaking. The beta of the update might take a while if that's the case.

- Tanks are a good start, but agricultural machinery followed by the economic modelling to allow for my Horse Farm in a WWII air sim is what I'm really waiting for. (btw: I don't mind/care about the ground stuff, so no panties in a bunch about that stuff)

Also, as it's Friday and what's the harm:

smile

#3525564 - 02/24/12 08:34 PM Re: Friday update [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Robb Offline
Robb  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

- Tanks are a good start, but agricultural machinery followed by the economic modelling to allow for my Horse Farm in a WWII air sim is what I'm really waiting for. (

My thoughts exactly

Intel 980X @ 4.2GHz / EVGA Classified X-58 / EVGA GTX 780SC / Corsair Dominator GT 12GB(2000) / Corsair HX1050 / Corsair H100 / Corsair 800D / Samsung 840 Evo 250GB / Crucial M4 256GB / Sound Blaster Z / TrackIR 4 & Track Clip Pro / Logitech G940-G25-G19-G9x / Acer HN274H 120hz / Win 8 Pro 64-Bit
#3525569 - 02/24/12 08:41 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
I agree FF. OK what about the FM, they didn't say anything about the FM, OMG they must have stopped all work on the FM. WTF?????

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3525571 - 02/24/12 08:45 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Robb]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Robb

- Tanks are a good start, but agricultural machinery followed by the economic modelling to allow for my Horse Farm in a WWII air sim is what I'm really waiting for. (

My thoughts exactly

There's two of us at least then, that's a sustainable market in sims - I'm getting my good stationary out and demanding an expansion forthwith! A strongly worded, multiple font letter is winging it's way to Russia this very morning.

Also, less I be < 0 useful in this thread - the wee tanks are just up on Youtube, so might as well just show it here for the lazy (or the squeamish of the 'battle of wits, come unarmed' stuff in the 1C yellow bouncy castle forum smile

#3525573 - 02/24/12 08:50 PM Re: Friday update [Re: csThor]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: csThor
For starters PR has always been the red-headed stepchild of MG and with Luthier at the helm it's only gotten worse so I guess they don't want to invest more than the bare minimum of time.

Interesting CsThor, we've both been around for a long time - however, my view is a little different: I thought Oleg was usually brilliant in his personal style and PR back in the post-release heyday. Things just deteriorated after 2007...

#3525574 - 02/24/12 08:50 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Para_Bellum]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
I envy you for your optimism, Aimimus. I really do.

I'd actually be happy if I had a glass half full. At the moment I feel like I've ordered a glass of water, got a tambourine instead and get told that I'll get a pair of sandals to go with that sometime in the future. That's probably great if you like tambourines and sandals but I just want a glass of water thank you.

wink

Thanks. However, you've got me upside down - I'm a pessimist, that is why I'm so happy. wink

You see, I assumed Oleg's grand plan for drivable vehicles would likely be scrapped and that less progress would be made in other areas. The fact that anything good is happening simply surprises me. Expect the worst and sometimes 'good' seems like 'the best'.

#3525576 - 02/24/12 08:53 PM Re: Friday update [Re: FearlessFrog]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada

- Tanks are a good start, but agricultural machinery followed by the economic modelling to allow for my Horse Farm in a WWII air sim is what I'm really waiting for. (btw: I don't mind/care about the ground stuff, so no panties in a bunch about that stuff)

Oh definitely,

We all know that many squadrons had pet 'mascots' during the war. They helped keep morale up.

I'd really like a Donkey that I can pet. I'll name him Elno.

I hope we can pet them... it'd be a great feature (and it'll really motivate me to keep those German straffers away from the field...)

#3525577 - 02/24/12 08:54 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Bumfluff]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Originally Posted By: Bumfluff
Unfortunately I have ot played this game for months now. I bought what I thought was going to be a flight sim. Now it's turning into a tank sim?

WTF? Seriously.

Life's unpredictable eh? Just be glad it wasn't your spouse...! biggrin
I always liked 'mystery bags' myself...

#3525581 - 02/24/12 08:59 PM Re: Friday update [Re: Avimimus]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Avimimus

Oh definitely,

We all know that many squadrons had pet 'mascots' during the war. They helped keep morale up.

I'd really like a Donkey that I can pet. I'll name him Elno.

I hope we can pet them... it'd be a great feature (and it'll really motivate me to keep those German straffers away from the field...)

Man, I'd give Luthiers right arm to be able to work on a Donkey Mod. All those people that say CloD lacks 'soul' would be weeping like babies once I'd finished my 'The Longest Day - For a Donkey' mission campaign.

Of course, you'd get the usual 'Ass and Mule' brigade dragging the community down with realism complaints about Elno's markings etc. 'I thought I could see 1000 asses on my Altair 8800!!! I've been robbed!!'
smile

#3525599 - 02/24/12 09:19 PM Re: Friday update [Re: FearlessFrog]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
10 years from now...............

"So, I fly Spitfires in the original IL2 series for years. Do you think people call me "Snapper the Fighter Ace"? NO!

Then I drive armoured vehicles for years in Cliffs of Dover. Do people call me "Snapper the Tank Commander"? NO!

But.......in Battle of Moscow I spend JUST ONE NIGHT with JUST ONE DONKEY --- and guess what people call me........"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3525602 - 02/24/12 09:25 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Says perfectly how i feel.

Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
+1, its a great flight of fantasy......but purely a dream, especially considering where we are at present. Blackdog, whilst I enjoy reading your posts enormously usually, calling people 'shallow' for the terrible crime of not being interested in ground combat when they *drum roll.....shock horror* bought a flight sim is quite laughable IMO, and this really should come as no surprise when one thinks about it. No offence of course.

Like I said in my previous post, I am not militantly opposed to it, as such, I just don't care. Its fine and dandy as long as I get a finished CoD. I am happy to take their word that this will be the case, and look forward to that day. Really, its quite apparent that it will be left to modders when the SDK come outs to recreate anything even approaching an immersive BoB.....which is what I bought the thing for (crazy, I know lol)....Like a lot of other folks too, obviously.

We do not have any idea whatsoever that 1c plan any kind of grandiose strategic element to this.....Since they apparently cannot even come up with a Chain home radar network and German radar equivalents on the strategic side of things (despite it being talked about by Oleg ages ago....Like many things), which one would think rather important in something which purports to be a simulation of the BoB; why do you think they can come up with something as complex as the presumably dynamic, all inclusive strategic sim elements you are musing on? What happened to crawling before you walk. The possibility of such a thing? Fantastic. My faith in their ability to do so on current evidence, at present? Sadly, negligible.

As for 'the majority are supportive of this', to what extensive market research are you alluding, blackdog? Its just that I and many others don't remember being asked a thing lol. Only a very small number of customers regularly frequent the forums, hardly representative overall. Its safe to assume methinks a majority didn't give a monkeys about tanks and jeeps, and that was probably the last thing on their mind when they bought CoD.....hehe.

It may be that we will get radar at a later date, if so thats great, but my overwhelming impression is that CoD is being very discreetly shoved into a corner (out of sight out of mind) and that doesn't really wash with a lot of people, its just that only a few have the moxy to say it because they will invariably be attacked.

I'm not here to argue, its just an opinion, and its fine that others disagree. I'm also not a killjoy, if people want to run around in their poxy tanks then let them......Have fun and knock yerselfs out lol. Just give us correct performance data blue and red, ceilings, decent AI, systems bugs fixed working AA etc and SDK, then I'm happy as larry. That remains to be seen.....but hope springs eternal.

You've got to have a dream, eh?

Again, for posterity, not opposed to it so long as flight simulation is the overwhelming focus, I'm happy that others like it, I just sadly cannot share in or relate to their boundless joy.

I also apologise profusely for being so shallow, unimaginative, and narrow minded. The truth is, I really wanted the ability to deploy into Britain German FPS Para's disguised as Nuns, with explosive chastity belt 'power ups' and the ability to poison the British water supply with 'Holy water' which is actually really a powerful neurotoxin hidden in special 'bonus areas' of the map by fifth columnist Nazi sympathising traitors. The figure head of this organisation being SpitGirls evil twin sister, Helga the Horrid distinguishable by her wooden legs, and merciless, unseeing, glass eyes. Oh my gosh, the possibilities!

This could only be accessed after achieving a 5 tank kill streak however. Its not like I'm not a dreamer! Believe it or not, I have an imagination, too.

Right, this post is actually in good humour, so theres no need to kick off. Its just how I see it, that's all. YMMV. Roll on patch, stay positive.

Peace out.

#3525648 - 02/24/12 10:55 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Could you condense that Furbs, way too many words

#3525651 - 02/24/12 11:00 PM Re: Friday update [Re: bisher]  
ATAG_Snapper Offline
ATAG_Snapper  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: bisher

"WTF?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
#3525657 - 02/24/12 11:05 PM Re: Friday update [Re: bisher]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: bisher

Here's you go:

+1, itz a gr8 flight of fantasy......but purely a dream, especalE considering whr we R @ presnt. Blackdog, whilst I njoy reading yor posts enormously usually, clng ppl 'shallow' 4 d terrible crime of not bn intRStd n ground combat wen dey *drum roll.....shock horror* bought a flight sim iz quite laughable IMO, & DIS rly shud cum az n surprIz wen 1 thinks bout it. n offence of corS.

lIk I sed n my previous post, I M not militantly opOzD 2 it, az such, I jst don't cAR. itz fiN & dandy az lng az I git a finishD CoD. I M :-) 2 tAk thR wrd dat DIS wiL b d case, & L%k 4ward 2 dat dA. Really, itz quite apparent dat it wiL b L 2 modders wen d SDK cum outs 2 recreate NEthing evN approaching an immersive BoB.....which iz wot I bought d tng 4 (crazy, I knO lol)....Like a lot of othR folks too, obviously.

We do not hav NE idea whatsoever dat 1c plan NE kind of grandiose strategic element 2 this.....Since dey apparently Cnot evN cum ^ w a Chain om radar network & German radar equivalents on d strategic side of things (despite it bn talked bout by Oleg ages ago....Like mNE things), whch 1 wud tink rather important n somTIN whch purports 2 b a simulation of d BoB; Y do U tink dey cn cum ^ w somTIN az complex az d presumably dynamic, aL inclusive strategic sim elements U R musing on? wot hapnd 2 crwling b4 U wlk. d possibility of such a thing? Fantastic. My f8th n thR ability 2 do so on curNt evidence, @ present? Sadly, negligible.

az 4 'the majority R supportive of this', 2 wot extensive mrkt rEsrch R U alluding, blackdog? itz jst dat I & mNE others don't remMbR bn askd a tng lol. Only a v sml # of customers regularly frequent d forums, hardly representative overall. itz sAf 2 assume methinks a majority didn't GIV a monkeys bout tanks & jeeps, & dat wz problE d lst tng on thR mind wen dey bought CoD.....hehe.

It mA b dat we wiL git radar @ a l8r date, f so datz great, bt my overwhelming impression iz dat CoD iz bn v discreetly shoved in2 a corner (out of cite out of mind) & dat doesn't rly wash w a lot of people, itz jst dat only a few hav d moxy 2 sA it cuz dey wiL invariably b attacked.

I'm not hEr 2 argue, itz jst an opinion, & itz fiN dat others disagree. I'm also not a killjoy, f ppl wnt 2 run rownd n thR poxy tanks thN lt them......Have smile & knock yerselfs out lol. jst GIV us coRec performance data blu & red, ceilings, decent AI, systems bugs fixD working AA etc & SDK, thN I'm :-) az larry. dat remains 2 b seen.....but hOp springs eternal.

You've got 2 hav a dream, eh?

Again, 4 posterity, not opOzD 2 it so lng az flight simulation iz d overwhelming focus, I'm :-) dat others lIk it, I jst sadly Cnot share n o relate 2 thR boundless joy.

I also apologise profusely 4 bn so shallow, unimaginative, & narrow minded. d truth is, I rly wntd d ability 2 deploy in2 Britain German FPS Para's disguised az Nuns, w xplosiv chastity belt 'power ups' & d ability 2 poison d British H2O supply w 'Holy water' whch iz actually rly a powerful neurotoxin hidden n specL 'bonus areas' of d map by 5th columnist Nazi sympathising traitors. d figur hed of DIS org bn SpitGirls }-) twin sister, Helga d Horrid distinguishable by her wooden legs, & merciless, unseeing, glaS eyes. Oh my gosh, d possibilities!

DIS c%d only b accessed aftR achieving a 5 tank kill strEk howevR. itz not lIk I'm not a dreamer! BlEv it o not, I hav an imagination, t%.

Right, DIS post iz actually n gud humour, so theres n nEd 2 kick off. itz jst how I c it, that's aL. YMMV. roL on patch, stA +ve.

(-<-) out.

Over 30% reduction in size! smile

#3525658 - 02/24/12 11:05 PM Re: Friday update [Re: kilosierra]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Donkeys pah.

Extensive market research has shown that what gamers want in a flight sim is dromedaries.

Then we can have MMOCR - massively multiplayer online camel racing.

Only 1C could successfully model camels running - their knees are screwed on backwards you know. Personally I've been waiting for this for years!

Ever since Brittany Spears first got me interested in camels.

H

[Linked Image]
#3525661 - 02/24/12 11:10 PM Re: Friday update [Re: HeinKill]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

Originally Posted By: HeinKill
Donkeys pah.

Extensive market research has shown that what gamers want in a flight sim is dromedaries.

Then we can have MMOCR - massively multiplayer online camel racing.

Only 1C could successfully model camels running - their knees are screwed on backwards you know. Personally I've been waiting for this for years!

Ever since Brittany Spears first got me interested in camels.

H

Camels, hmm - someone would still get the hump over it.

PS PM me the Brit vid, local laws permitting

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.