Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#3523977 - 02/22/12 09:32 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

There going to have to add a whole pilot and squadron segment to CLOD to have a chance of having a half way decent campaign. That isn't coming Chivas we know that.
The other stuff...well lets hope your right, though given the track record of Luthier after a year of patches im not holding my breath.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3523992 - 02/22/12 10:12 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
robtek Offline
robtek  Offline

How can you know that MG doesn't add the career system?

The last i've read about that was that they are working on it!

#3523998 - 02/22/12 10:36 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
csThor Offline
csThor  Offline

Germany
That, rob, is mere speculation ... They may have it on their scope but probably far down the priority list. It would greatly surprise me if anything but the bare minimum came out of it. Maddox Games never had a penchant for good gameplay, just a lot of technocracy. wink

Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
#3524006 - 02/22/12 10:56 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: Chivas]  
DaveP63 Offline
DaveP63  Offline

Indiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Chivas

The developer is optimizing the graphic engine to allow better frame rates for COD.
The developers will be making aircraft for other theaters that can be applied historically to missions on the COD map.
The developer will be refining the Graphics which can be applied to the COD map.
The developer will be refining the AI that will apply to COD.
The developer will be refining the Commands that will apply to COD.
The developer will be refining the FM that will apply to COD aircraft.
The developer will be refining the DM that will apply to COD.
The developer will be developing the SDK which will apply to COD.
The developer will be developing Map Making Tools that will apply to fixing areas of the COD map.
The community and third parties will be making aircraft that can be applied historically to the Battle of Britain.
The community and third parties will be designing missions and campaigns for the Battle of Britain.
The community and third parties will be modeling ships that could be used on the COD map. ie Jun 6th 1944 etc etc
The developer will be refining Radar contacts, etc that will be use in the Battle of Britain.
The developer will be modeling ground vehicles and tanks that could be used on the COD map.
The developer will be modeling Dynamic Weather that will be used on the COD map.
The developer will be modeling Human Animation that will be used on the COD map.
The developer will be enabling DX 11, maybe even DX 12, that will be used on the COD map.
The developer will be enabling AA and AF that will be used on the COD map.

Impressive list. How much of it is going to arrive in stand alone patches for CloD and how much are going to be in the BoM sequel that we'll be expected to buy? That is my only concern. Not that it will never happen, will it happen before BoM?

i5-4460@3.2ghz, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte GTX1050Ti 4GB, 2TB HDD, 500GB SDD
#3524008 - 02/22/12 11:04 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

"The developer will be enabling AA and AF that will be used on the COD map"

Luthier has never spoke of FSAA or AF since before release, not ever.

DX11 was said to be a priority after release......not a word since, not even talked about for the release of BOM.

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 02/22/12 11:06 AM.
#3524041 - 02/22/12 01:26 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: csThor]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Originally Posted By: csThor
That, rob, is mere speculation ...

Erm, this forum is based on speculation. smile

#3524054 - 02/22/12 01:56 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Looking like we might know something more this friday...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28174&page=14 smile

#3524077 - 02/22/12 02:48 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
That does look promising, i think...

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 02/22/12 02:49 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#3524097 - 02/22/12 03:11 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
FIScott Offline
FIScott  Offline

That will pour 100 Octane on the BBQ.

#3524100 - 02/22/12 03:16 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: csThor]  
Para_Bellum Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Para_Bellum  Offline
Oberkriegkaboomführer
Hotshot

Germany
Maddox Games never had a penchant for good gameplay, just a lot of technocracy. wink

Agreed. I think there's actually a bit of "snobbish" attitude involved there, as if they were above such mundane aspects as "gameplay" and "atmosphere".

Just think what these talented software engineers could achieve if they were led by a guy like Lawrence Holland...

sigh

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

#3524107 - 02/22/12 03:24 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: Para_Bellum]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Maddox Games never had a penchant for good gameplay, just a lot of technocracy. wink

Agreed. I think there's actually a bit of "snobbish" attitude involved there, as if they were above such mundane aspects as "gameplay" and "atmosphere".

Just think what these talented software engineers could achieve if they were led by a guy like Lawrence Holland...

sigh

But you couldn't get more gamey than Spitgirl.

#3524237 - 02/22/12 06:50 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: DaveP63]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: DaveP63

The developer is optimizing the graphic engine to allow better frame rates for COD.
The developers will be making aircraft for other theaters that can be applied historically to missions on the COD map.
The developer will be refining the Graphics which can be applied to the COD map.
The developer will be refining the AI that will apply to COD.
The developer will be refining the Commands that will apply to COD.
The developer will be refining the FM that will apply to COD aircraft.
The developer will be refining the DM that will apply to COD.
The developer will be developing the SDK which will apply to COD.
The developer will be developing Map Making Tools that will apply to fixing areas of the COD map.
The community and third parties will be making aircraft that can be applied historically to the Battle of Britain.
The community and third parties will be designing missions and campaigns for the Battle of Britain.
The community and third parties will be modeling ships that could be used on the COD map. ie Jun 6th 1944 etc etc
The developer will be refining Radar contacts, etc that will be use in the Battle of Britain.
The developer will be modeling ground vehicles and tanks that could be used on the COD map.
The developer will be modeling Dynamic Weather that will be used on the COD map.
The developer will be modeling Human Animation that will be used on the COD map.
The developer will be enabling DX 11, maybe even DX 12, that will be used on the COD map.
The developer will be enabling AA and AF that will be used on the COD map.

Impressive list. How much of it is going to arrive in stand alone patches for CloD and how much are going to be in the BoM sequel that we'll be expected to buy? That is my only concern. Not that it will never happen, will it happen before BoM?

Thats a good question, some of those features probably won't be seen until well into the series of Theaters. That said, I don't see the sequel coming out for another 8 to 16 months, which allows time for not only the next optimization patch, but atleast one more patch after that addressing whatever problems they have fixed in that time period. We will also probably see a beta patch testing features that will be introduced in the sequel.

After that we will probably have to buy the sequels to add new features and even possibly some that fix features in COD. Sure some people say they won't buy the sequel if BOB isn't totally fixed, but most eventually will buy it, especially if there are good reports about the sequel. Some might not be interested in the theater, but if it adds aircraft and features they can use in COD, they will buy it. I doubt it would be worth the time and expense to develop a COD only patch for those very few people who won't be interested in buying future sequels. Most everyone here bought all the original series theaters, and if the new series gets its act together, and is as good as its potential there will be no problem getting people to buy it. That said there is always the possibility it could all go wrong, and we won't have to worry about buying sequels, we'll just have to hope that moders can keep improving IL-2 1946 or that War Thunder isn't too arcady.

Last edited by Chivas; 02/22/12 06:52 PM.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3524240 - 02/22/12 06:58 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
There going to have to add a whole pilot and squadron segment to CLOD to have a chance of having a half way decent campaign. That isn't coming Chivas we know that.
The other stuff...well lets hope your right, though given the track record of Luthier after a year of patches im not holding my breath.

We don't know if anythings coming for sure, but I'm not aware of Luthier ever saying they won't refine the pilot, squadron segment for the series. I'm also not sure if a modder or third party could add that feaure. I do know the new series will be far more modder friendly, which should help the community add features that the developer doesn't have the time or feels its not worth their time to add.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3524243 - 02/22/12 07:05 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

If the mod tools are as good as you hope Chivas then they will be a god send to CLOD.
The trick is....when.

Though just thinking, how will Steam handle online mods?

#3524444 - 02/23/12 12:47 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
If the mod tools are as good as you hope Chivas then they will be a god send to CLOD.
The trick is....when.

Thats a good question. I have no idea how Steam will react to Mods, but it will have to allow them on a server option bases. I would imagine the developer has thought this through as the plan has alway been for the new series to be Mod friendly and will be using Steam. Maybe someone else who plays other sims on Steam can tell us if some mods are allowed.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3524451 - 02/23/12 01:00 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: Chivas]  
FearlessFrog Offline
FearlessFrog  Offline

The trick is....when.

Thats a good question. I have no idea how Steam will react to Mods, but it will have to allow them on a server option bases. I would imagine the developer has thought this through as the plan has alway been for the new series to be Mod friendly and will be using Steam. Maybe someone else who plays other sims on Steam can tell us if some mods are allowed.

It's completely up to the game developer on how they do it, i.e. make it like IL2 and have specific servers set up per mod or go the full hog and let Steam take care of some of the download/install stuff. Steam 'workshop' is something relatively new, and a poke around here gives you the idea of how community mods can work for big games like Skyrim and TF2:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/

My guess would be that server operators turn off the Valve-anti cheat (VAC) and just manually set up mods however they like just like IL2 today. It's not a well-kept secret that all CloD servers have VAC turned off already, so nothing much will change.

If MG were feeling confident in their platform (i.e. they aren't and won't be smile ) then going the workshop route for a Steamworks title would be ideal for me personally. The workshop framework of where all the mods can be found, voted on, described and a single click 'subscribe' action would make it very easy to manage mods - it ensures they are kept up-to-date and the good ones 'bubble up'. The CloD community might be a bit small for it (and are generally anti-Steam anyway).

Edit - In plain English summary for cheesehawk: Um, magic happens.. smile

Last edited by FearlessFrog; 02/23/12 01:16 AM.
#3524590 - 02/23/12 06:50 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
"The developer will be enabling AA and AF that will be used on the COD map"

Luthier has never spoke of FSAA or AF since before release, not ever.

DX11 was said to be a priority after release......not a word since, not even talked about for the release of BOM.

You should know by now why Luthier is loath to say anything on the forums.

There is now way they could implement AA, AF, and DX 11 on unfinished, unoptimized code. Those features could be implemented when the game engine has been finished and optimized. The next optimization patch will probably realize enough head room for AA and AF to become a viable option. I have no doubt we will see DX11 implemented at some point, but my recall of a Luthier post suggested that not only does the game engine code have to be further refined to use it, but there are problems with Intel's DX 11 code as well. Although this could just be my misinterpretation of a Luthier post.

Last edited by Chivas; 02/23/12 06:52 AM.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3524597 - 02/23/12 07:29 AM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Luthier has NEVER spoke of FSAA Chivas, apart from one post in a update thread before release where he said "there is no FSAA on those shots because HDR is on and we cant use both at the same time"
Make of that what you will.
Has there been any word from Luthier about the mod tools yet?

#3524868 - 02/23/12 06:49 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Luthier has NEVER spoke of FSAA Chivas, apart from one post in a update thread before release where he said "there is no FSAA on those shots because HDR is on and we cant use both at the same time"
Make of that what you will.
Has there been any word from Luthier about the mod tools yet?

Because Luthier doesn't talk about every aspect of the sim doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

AA is still listed in the COD options. AA and AF need resource headroom before they can be selected as an option.
The next patch should provide the necessary headroom to implement atleast AA, if not AF aswell.

I have no idea how HDR and AA coexist, but if HDR is not an option and is always on why have AA listed in the options.

Luthier hasn't mentioned anything about the mod tools lately as I'm sure he has higher priorities at the moment.
I would imagine someone in the development is working on mod tools as we speak, or scheduled to work on it when time and resources allow.

The development is up to its ass in alligators at the moment, and putting out fires everywhere. Hopefully by the time the sequel comes out they will have a stable finished game engine, as the very hard work they're been doing on the code for the last year can't be readily seen. Most of that work would normally have been done before release, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
#3524919 - 02/23/12 08:25 PM Re: So the next patch... [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Gambit21 Offline
Gambit21  Offline

Pacific Northwest
I paid $50 for this sim.
If I have to pay another $50 to get the original product to work correctly - that may be the final
straw for me.

Although, as has been discussed before, $50 is a bargain, and these things probably SHOULD cost $100 or more.
'sigh'

Last edited by Gambit21; 02/23/12 08:30 PM.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.