Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » IL-2: FB, AEP, PF » Patch 4.11 and Its Implications Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3522415 - 02/19/12 07:00 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications ***** [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
Nimits Offline

Loc: Texas, United States of Americ...
Fixed? The whole thing?

The only thing I saw for sure was the Corsair carrier Take off problem . . . though granted, if that was due to a bug in their "new" model, maybe the fixes would trickle into other things.

Then again, I don't hang on the TD forums that much.

Edited by Nimits (02/19/12 07:01 PM)

#3522446 - 02/19/12 07:47 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
WhistlinggDeath Offline

Loc: La Jolla, CA
As previously noted, Team D has been very secretive in how patch 4.11 was engineered. Or what test flight data they used to support their programming choices. Of the few posts they do make, many are very bland and give almost no specifics. They have indicated they would fix the Corsair acceleration rates (so they can get off carriers correctly) and a few small problems with certain bomber cockpits I believe. Aside from that, all questions about the much larger problems like the overheat algorithms, and the large FW and Corsair changes, have never been addressed publicly.

Like asking weird questions and are good at math? Maybe you can join us at the Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego. Tackling the grand mysteries of the age with science.

At the core of most of life's deep mysteries, is the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ..... mathematics.

#3522495 - 02/19/12 08:43 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
Deltahawkoz2004 Offline

Loc: Ozzie
Could I reccomend the HSFX mod...? The flight models of some A/C have been reworked, particularly the USAAF fighters and they feel "right". Unsure if the USN A/C have been modified yet, but some of the work that has been done by the various modding teams, ie SAS, UP3, HSFX etc is truly impressive.

#3522497 - 02/19/12 08:55 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
WhistlinggDeath Offline

Thanks Delta! I have dabbled a bit and flown on a few servers that use UltraPack (like Zekes vs Wildcats) and so far, I have come away impressed. I really enjoy the Korean War jet era as well, but unfortunately, with me here on the West Coast, when I head to one of those servers to join in at night, there is like, only one other dude flying (or none). I have not experimented with HSFX yet, or the Expert mode but I hear good things. Need to try that. I work alot from the lab (some weeks more than 90 hours), so dabbling time is limited, but now that you mentioned "they feel right", I think I need to get off my azz and get it downloaded, LOL

S!

Edited by WhistlinggDeath (02/19/12 08:55 PM)

Like asking weird questions and are good at math? Maybe you can join us at the Jacobs School of Engineering, UC San Diego. Tackling the grand mysteries of the age with science.

At the core of most of life's deep mysteries, is the language that Mother Nature truly speaks in, ..... mathematics.

#3522630 - 02/20/12 05:40 AM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
Greybeard Offline

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: WhistlinggDeath
I have not experimented with HSFX yet, or the Expert mode but I hear good things. Need to try that.

Warning! you may not try it on 4.11, current HSFX 5.0.1 is for 4.10.1; I fear you'll get a crash if installed on top of 4.11.

If you still have on your hard disk 4.10.1 that would be definitely worth a try. Aachen flight model is not apllied to all aircrafts, but all those "cured" got significantly improved and, above all, a detailed document by the author, included into HSFX documentation, gives full scientific support to his mods.

Since you're a programmer, I wonder if you could give an inside look also to AI overheating question: I think TD gave (like they stated) AI this limit, which forces to throttle back and open radiators, but I guess AI has way lower air drag, so gets overheating still much later than player. That's to say I now I'm forced, when trying to reach AI mates, to relent earlier cause easier overheating, whilst AI happily keeps flying 110%+WEP! frown

Regards,
GB

#3522632 - 02/20/12 05:53 AM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
WhistlinggDeath Offline

Dart said earlier Greybeard, that source code release (or discussion) is frowned upon here. I would really prefer to speak about it with you in detail, but I dont pay the bills here, so have to follow their rules. I never fly offline (well, perhaps three hours in three years) but, I will look into it and send you a private message once I do a bit of digging. And I have heard good things about this Aachen fellow. Got to check out this HSFX stuff now. Thanks for the info and check your messages in a day or two. IMHO, I hope the HSFX and UltraPack guys dont redo their packages to work with 4.11. Who knows, perhaps with flight models as you describe, HSFX may become the "official" release agents for future IL2 patches.

Edited by WhistlinggDeath (02/20/12 05:56 AM)

#3522798 - 02/20/12 12:09 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
Greybeard Offline

Loc: Italy
Thanks for the info and check your messages in a day or two

Thank you very much, I'll look forward to your analysis.

GB

#3523520 - 02/21/12 12:43 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
Scendore Offline

Loc: SoCal
Dart said earlier Greybeard, that source code release (or discussion) is frowned upon here. I would really prefer to speak about it with you in detail, but I dont pay the bills here, so have to follow their rules. I never fly offline (well, perhaps three hours in three years) but, I will look into it and send you a private message once I do a bit of digging. And I have heard good things about this Aachen fellow. Got to check out this HSFX stuff now. Thanks for the info and check your messages in a day or two. IMHO, I hope the HSFX and UltraPack guys dont redo their packages to work with 4.11. Who knows, perhaps with flight models as you describe, HSFX may become the "official" release agents for future IL2 patches.

The good news is UP said they would not make 4.11 and above compatible. I too questioned the developers and their sources for FM changes. At least the HSFX and UP guys are listing their sources. You also can test them to make sure the numbers hold true.

#3523560 - 02/21/12 01:57 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
WhistlinggDeath Offline

Yep fellas, yesterday I had some free time in the evening and did some looking into HSFX. Many of the flight models indeed seem to be either spot on or very close to the numbers I can find (at least for the major planes, have not checked any VTOL ufos or jets yet). Just a shame, that more online servers arent using this IMHO. I have only a few hours under my belt with HSFX, but it is really true that many of the American warbirds now "feel right" (or very close to it). Cant figure out why Team D wont respond to any educated criticism and why they wont contact this Aachen fellow and get some help. A bit like an ostrich with its head in the sand to me.

(and yes, I realize many fliers dont want super realism; they just want to get in their La7 or Spit 25lbs and blast people. I get that. But that is what the difficulty options are there for. And the guys who like open pit and deathmatch can have that and the guys who like ultra realism, can have at least a part of that.)

Edited by WhistlinggDeath (02/21/12 02:05 PM)

#3523610 - 02/21/12 03:12 PM Re: Patch 4.11 and Its Implications [Re: WhistlinggDeath]
Bearcat99 Online   content

Loc: NVa. USA

From my understanding HSFX will try to keep it's updates in line with the official version, which IMO is a good thing.
Corsair Force 3 240G SSD|32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600
XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5|Win 7 Ultimate
COOLER MASTER Gemini II S524|TIR4|MSFFB2
Modded Saitek X-52|Saitek ProFlight Pedals

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  EinsteinEP, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Russian bombers intercepted off the coast of Portugal
by Desert Eagle
Today at 07:06 AM
Is this the beginning of a bad disaster movie?
by Security_Device_Enclosed
Today at 06:43 AM
Name Change
by VMIalpha454
Today at 02:09 AM
No one yet...?
by malibu43
Today at 01:44 AM
The next Terminator- Yawn.
by Ajay
Today at 12:43 AM
Hi guys!, just a quick question.
by Alemart
Today at 12:19 AM
The Ascent Of Man - Which Evolutionary Sequence is the Correct One
by Haggart
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Hindenburg and Antares
by THX-1138
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
AI aggressiveness?
by scrim
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
What are Russian roads made of?
by Desert Eagle
Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.