Forums » SimHQ Community » Article Feedback » Review: DCS Manager Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3518562 - 02/14/12 01:42 PM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller

Loc: Lenexa, Kansas, USA
This looks great. The only thing I wish it had is the default key mappings for the actions on the checklists.
"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

I am leaving it as I found it. Take over. It's yours.

Ditat Deus.

#3519020 - 02/15/12 08:14 AM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
Anyone notice the screenshots were all taken at 3AM? Staying up late a bit, Chris? LOL.

I'll be grabbing this myself. I have the PDFs on my Kindle, but it's not conducive to quickly thumbing around to the part you need when you may not even remember where that is.

The Jedi Master

#3519108 - 02/15/12 10:30 AM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: Jedi Master]
BeachAV8R Online   cool
Lifer

Loc: KCLT
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Anyone notice the screenshots were all taken at 3AM? Staying up late a bit, Chris? LOL.

biggrin I think I was in some FBO that night at 3AM trying to figure out how to get screenshots of my Android.

#3520016 - 02/16/12 02:25 PM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
HomeFries Online   cool
Air Dominance Project

I'm dying to try this, but my (un-rooted) Kindle Fire isn't compatible with the Android Market. Is there a download available so that I can side-load this app?

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3520039 - 02/16/12 02:44 PM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
enigma6584 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Talk about timely. I just got a new phone and am discovering apps in general. I remembered there was some sort of apps out there on DCS Warthog and did a search on my new phone and found it. Then I see this article. thumbsup Great read. Thanks BeachAV8R!

#3520195 - 02/16/12 05:26 PM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
Walt Watson Offline

Looks like a great app. I have a Kindle Fire and I do not own a droid type phone. I am unable to download it from the Android market because it requires me to have a phone registered with my account and I do not. Is there a way to download the app so I can try it on the Kindle Fire ?

#3520527 - 02/17/12 08:03 AM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
Probably not. Don't think of the Fire as an Android tablet. It's an Amazon tablet that happens to run a small number of Android apps. This isn't one of them.
On the other hand, you can put the PDFs on there and access the manuals much easier than off a phone.

The Jedi Master

#3520569 - 02/17/12 08:53 AM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
HomeFries Online   cool
Air Dominance Project

I've read where people have downloaded DCS Manager to their Droid phones, then sideloaded it to the Fire , so I'm pretty sure the app is compatible.

The Fire is probably more Android compatible than you realize. It runs 2.3 (though an Amazon'd version), and every android app I've sideloaded has worked so far (incl. games like World of Goo, Anomaly HD, Edge). It can be connected to the Android Market if properly rooted, but being I've had the Fire for only a week, I don't intend to do this for quite some time (at least until my warranty is expired).

Besides, the 7" size is perfect for a kneeboard. I use it for my F4 PDF checklists, as you suggested.

EDIT: I just found it on GetJar.com, but it's not as simple as downloading the apk. They ask you your tablet model, and putting in the Fire tells you that it is compatible. Of course, GetJar also said that the EVO 4G is also incompatible, and we all know that this is inaccurate (else we wouldn't have a review duh ).

Edited by HomeFries (02/17/12 09:05 AM)

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#3521660 - 02/18/12 03:38 PM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
Dankathym Offline

Has anyone been able to find a workaround to get it going on the Kindle Fire yet? I will keep trying it out and report back if I get it working.

#3521748 - 02/18/12 05:57 PM Re: Review: DCS Manager [Re: citizen guod]
Walt Watson Offline

I have tried searching GetJar but could not find it on the site. No luck yet. Since it is free maybe someone can post the install somewhere so all can give it a try. Android market requires me to have a Android phone which I do not own, makes it tough to use apps off the site.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Been Caught Speeding
by Linebacker
12:56 AM
A great way to learn How to Fly
by KRT_Bong
11:15 PM
Will Hayden Arrested for Child Rape... Again
by DetCord
10:21 PM
Dev Update 77
by Sim
10:21 PM
Thunderbirds still gotta know how to fight
by Billyote
09:47 PM
Want to display your virtual PC game library ?
by WangoTango
09:33 PM
Heroes & Generals
by Blade_RJ
09:11 PM
Amazing
by RossUK
06:39 PM
Simple install of troublesome SABOW Aug12 patch
by BendingBot
06:12 PM
T72-M1 gunnery (SB pro PE)
by Ronin_GE
04:43 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.