Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » Civil Aviation - General » Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3521077 - 02/17/12 05:39 PM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: jt_medina]
magicalflyer Offline

Loc: Indonesia
You're still treating Flight as FSX follow-up, plainsman. I was as angry as you when I first heard about Hawaii-only, no-AI issues. But some people say it's not bad at all, simulation-wise. Then I tried to look at it as a whole new, different sim, disassociating it from MSFS completely. And it works. Hawaii only? Fine. It's not MSFS, and I enjoy flying Huey in Vietnam Med+Evac just as much as flying any chopper in MSFS world. No AI? Well, now this is problem. Hopefully an addon will fix this later. YMMV, of course.

#3521157 - 02/17/12 07:10 PM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: magicalflyer]
Duncan Offline

Originally Posted By: magicalflyer
Why would a "civilian flight simulator" need bombs and guns just to make it attractive to "wide audience"?

Because Hawai today in an icon is so boring but on 1941 7th december with a P51 it could be fun.

#3521181 - 02/17/12 07:47 PM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: Duncan]
magicalflyer Offline

Originally Posted By: Duncan

Because Hawai today in an icon is so boring but on 1941 7th december with a P51 it could be fun.
I'm sorry, Duncan, but this is a civilian flightsim. It has an appeal of its own, it doesn't have to whore itself away like that. Besides, there's already a perfect sim available if you want to shoot something over Hawaii in 1940s.

#3521189 - 02/17/12 07:58 PM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: Duncan]
malibu43 Offline

Loc: Belmont, CA
Originally Posted By: Duncan
Why would a "civilian flight simulator" need bombs and guns just to make it attractive to "wide audience"?

If folks think M$ is taking heat now, imagine what it will be like if they have a P-51 fighting Zeros over Pearl Harbor in 1941. behindcouch

Edited by malibu43 (02/17/12 07:59 PM)

Currently Installed:
Rise of Flight
IL-2 HSFX 7.0
FSX Acceleration
Strike Fighters 2
DCS / Flaming Cliffs 3
Mechwarrior Online

#3521413 - 02/18/12 05:54 AM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: magicalflyer]
Duncan Offline

I'm sorry, Duncan, but this is a civilian flightsim. It has an appeal of its own, it doesn't have to whore itself away like that. Besides, there's already a perfect sim available if you want to shoot something over Hawaii in 1940s.

Sorry if i miss that but did MS officially tell it will be limited to a civilian flight game ?
They also released CFS in the past which was rather well received.
With the DLC logic they could unify miltarian and civilian games in one.

Edited by Duncan (02/18/12 05:55 AM)

#3521428 - 02/18/12 06:51 AM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: jt_medina]
magicalflyer Offline

Honestly, never came across official statement that says Flight is "civilian only". Neither have I ever found one about MSFS and X-Plane. But at least we all know they're designed as civilian flightsims. IMHO, it takes more than DLCs to make a military sim out of Flight (and MSFS and XPlane, for that matter). They have to consider things like, most importantly, weapons ballistic, AI (pilots, missiles, etc), damage modelling and campaign, among others. VRS did a great job bringing F/A-18E and all its weapons and enemies to MSFS world. But not enough. Not even close. I never use it for anything other than carrier qual and air refueling "missions".

#3521433 - 02/18/12 07:10 AM Re: Microsoft Flight boss on "rebooting franchise" [Re: jt_medina]
Duncan Offline

You're right, of course, about "it's not just a question of DLC", but MS is not simply an add-on publisher, they built and own the Flight engine so they could implement whatever they want if they think there is a demand of players.
I am just curious about that.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  EinsteinEP, RacerGT, Stormtrooper 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dust...oh...
by BeachAV8R
4 minutes 32 seconds ago
Howdy, folks...
by Jabberwock
Today at 07:00 PM
Status report - Security, private hives and moving into .50
by Ajay
Today at 06:38 PM
.49 on stable
by Ajay
Today at 06:32 PM
Finally... the MIG!
by Para_Bellum
Today at 06:09 PM
DCS Mig-21 Bis released
by nirvi
Today at 06:08 PM
SubWar 2050 (Particle Systems / MicroProse) self-running demo
by MarkG
Today at 05:46 PM
Steam console.
by marko1231123
Today at 02:45 PM
NHL2K for iOS preview...
by Magnum
Today at 02:05 PM
Forza Horizon 2 videos, including air show...
by Magnum
Today at 02:03 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.