Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover - Extended Discussions » Friday 17 update from Blacksix. Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3520910 - 02/17/12 03:04 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
Chivas Offline

Loc: B.C. Canada
We have enjoyed Coop Wars and other Online Wars thru the original IL-2 series and this feature will add so many immersive scenarios to these Wars. Imagine getting calls over Teamspeak where your ground counterparts are about to be overrun unless you can get your squadron in to take out the enemy tanks etc.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60 gig Corsair SSD [with only COD and dual boot OP system]
500 gig HHD
LG 37" LCD
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip

#3520911 - 02/17/12 03:05 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: ATAG_Bliss]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Originally Posted By: ATAG_Bliss
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Whats the point? How will they be of any use at all? how will say 10(5 on each side) people on a server covering hundreds of square miles be of any fecking use to anyone? when im up at 10 000 ft? Chivas please explain how they will used?

Using the AAA gun will be just one option. I could see them being used quite a bit on an objective based server. We have some pretty nasty flak around objectives. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with humans controlling them. As far as the other vehicles the possibilities are endless. You could take over an airfield, deliver supplies, have obviously another tank/armor battle with the other team. Heck, you can resupply airfields with munitions/ammo/fuel etc., in the old IL2 right now. Just imagine doing it in an all human convoy of tanks, trucks, trailers, motorcycles (lol), because if you don't make it, that airfield runs out of fuel for the planes, bombs for the bombers, or repair parts.

I think this is the most phenomenal, most immersive news for any flight sim I've ever seen. This is going to be the very foundation for the greatest combat sim of all time.

Bliss, you do know about the English channel right? smile

By the way i loved this Bliss... thumbsup

"I think this is the most phenomenal, most immersive news for any flight sim I've ever seen. This is going to be the very foundation for the greatest combat sim of all time"

Ouch...got me!

Edited by BKHZ_Furbs (02/17/12 03:07 PM)

#3520917 - 02/17/12 03:10 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Chivas]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Originally Posted By: Chivas
We have enjoyed Coop Wars and other Online Wars thru the original IL-2 series and this feature will add so many immersive scenarios to these Wars. Imagine getting calls over Teamspeak where your ground counterparts are about to be overrun unless you can get your squadron in to take out the enemy tanks etc.

Nice idea Chivas, but unless the airbases are less than 15km from the front line i cant see how it is practical. I mean who is going to drive a single tank for over a hour to take a airbase on his own?

#3520919 - 02/17/12 03:16 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
ATAG_Bliss Offline

Quote:
Bliss, you do know about the English channel right?

No, I never took that into consideration when I was talking about defending your own objectives, manning your own AAA guns, or supplying the front lines with much needed ammo, parts, bombs, or fuel.

Furbs, you do know that there are other maps right? You do realize they are working on other theaters of war as well?

Quote:
Nice idea Chivas, but unless the airbases are less than 15km from the front line i cant see how it is practical. I mean who is going to drive a single tank for over a hour to take a airbase on his own?

Hmm, I know I would. But I'd also have the rest of my team on coms with me. We fly hour long sorties in big heavies bombers to go take out targets all the time. 30 minutes of tank driving is nothing. Funny those that complain about a simulation, don't actually like simulating anything.

Edited by ATAG_Bliss (02/17/12 03:16 PM)

#3520923 - 02/17/12 03:18 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Bliss if the Sim that i brought was working and most of the problems fixed by now i would be just as happy about these extras as you.

#3520924 - 02/17/12 03:19 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]
Chivas Offline

Loc: B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Originally Posted By: Chivas

Did you see anything in my post about an Airbase, although there has been more than a few airbase attacks in WW2 history, but most of it occured elsewhere. In a Online war server or offline campaign the player would spawn relatively close to any contested area. Major battlefield or just a contested bridge. Just use your imagination. smile I think there was some major and minor actions going on around Normandy, which is on the COD map.

Edited by Chivas (02/17/12 03:20 PM)
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60 gig Corsair SSD [with only COD and dual boot OP system]
500 gig HHD
LG 37" LCD
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip

#3520927 - 02/17/12 03:22 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Im just grumpy chivas. tough week.

#3520931 - 02/17/12 03:26 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
ATAG_Bliss Offline

Furbs,

I could say that about many games. Including the one sim I've put the most money into, ROF. When it's capable of doing 1/2 the stuff that IL2COD can, I might play it again. But I've long since stopped posting on their forums asking for fixes. What I don't get is, if you don't like it, then why don't you stop posting about it?

Can I buy your copy off of you? Would that make you stop pounding your chest like a 5 year old every day on these forums? Move on if you don't like it.

#3520961 - 02/17/12 03:53 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Loc: Gulf Coast of Florida
Originally Posted By: Bokononist
I don't think that this is intended to be a tank/vehicle sim in the way some are thinking. Whereas something like ARMA tries to cover all bases equally, I think the idea behind this is to provide a greater sense of immersion in a flight sim than would be possible without drivable vehicles and the like. Maybe I'm wrong but thats my take on it.
I just had a thought though, imagine a campaign where you've wrecked too many spits so you get demoted to driving a staff car for the rest of the war, hmmm, I've just decided I don't want that level of immersion....

Now that would be funny, to be forced to take a ground unit because you've crashed/died and use it until you score xx points, personally I think being able to take over vehicles already present would be cool, not drive them all from their starting points but jump into already existing ones programmed into the mission and use until destroyed or deployed otherwise they follow predetermined waypoints.
ATI HD 5830 1Gb 256 bit it was cheap
4 x 1Gb GSkill 1333Mhz looks pretty on the MB
X-Fi Xtreme Creative Soundcard - cheap pair of headphones

Pray for Obama _Psalm 109 7-10

#3520965 - 02/17/12 03:56 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
lol that would be hilarious to get demoted to ground vehicles only! lol

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
20 of the Bravest Military Dogs in History
by Linebacker
Yesterday at 08:01 PM
SonyGate should be a movie
by Blade_RJ
Yesterday at 07:03 PM
DayZ Ddos attack
by Stormtrooper
Yesterday at 04:47 PM
The dominat life forms in the Universe are...
by Desert Eagle
Yesterday at 03:01 PM
Post Modern Jukebox
by Jedi Master
Yesterday at 11:52 AM
Aircrew doing their utmost
by FlatSpinMan
Yesterday at 10:28 AM
Any Runners Here?
by Weasel_Keeper
Yesterday at 07:13 AM
Walter Is At It Again
by Haggart
12/18/14 10:20 PM
Hide your wallets..Steam Holiday Sale is on
by Executed
12/18/14 07:06 PM
New American Sniper Trailer
by bonchie
12/18/14 05:58 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.