Forums » Air Combat & Civil Aviation » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover » IL-2: Cliffs of Dover - Extended Discussions » Friday 17 update from Blacksix. Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3520831 - 02/17/12 01:30 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
Xander Fulton Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Is it just me, or does the ground details on this look better than 'Red Orchestra'?

That's...pretty cool.

Not sure how useful it is, but...it's definitely pretty cool. I wouldn't mind hopping in a WW2-era vehicle and driving around a few hundred miles of realistically (period) roads and buildings and such every now and then when I don't feel like hauling out all my flight gear...

#3520837 - 02/17/12 01:46 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
ohmie Offline

Loc: ottawa
Boko I've seen you fly your not that bad,anyway where have you been not seen you online lately?

Ohmie

#3520850 - 02/17/12 02:05 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Ok the news about the FMs is a good start but the rest is again the same old stuff.
The drivable vehicles??? jeez you couldn't make it up.

#3520863 - 02/17/12 02:16 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
Chivas Offline

Loc: B.C. Canada
Like I said in the IC forum.

"I haven't read all of the thread, but this could be very good for all of us. Someone should post this video in the tank sim forums, if it hasn't been already. This could have many of the the tankers investing in the sim now.

I realize the angst some have of these features watering down a combat flight sim, but I doubt over the long haul this will be the case. The new series is primarily a combat flight sim made by combat flight sim enthusiasts, these features will only draw in money from other genres, that will help finance the sim over a very long haul. The added monies will allow for new features primarily aircombat in nature, and even ships that are sorely needed. The longer this sim stays in development the closer we are to the SDK."

Like someone said in the IC forums and here, the ground portion of the sim will be mostly arcade while the aircombat primarily simulation. It will make for a much more immersive world viewed from the seat of an aircraft.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60 gig Corsair SSD [with only COD and dual boot OP system]
500 gig HHD
LG 37" LCD
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip

#3520866 - 02/17/12 02:21 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Xander Fulton]
Chivas Offline

Originally Posted By: Xander Fulton
Is it just me, or does the ground details on this look better than 'Red Orchestra'?

That's...pretty cool.

Not sure how useful it is, but...it's definitely pretty cool. I wouldn't mind hopping in a WW2-era vehicle and driving around a few hundred miles of realistically (period) roads and buildings and such every now and then when I don't feel like hauling out all my flight gear...

I enjoyed the original Red Orchestra, primarily the tank battles. This could draw more than a few from that genre, considering the size of the map, the constantly improving terrain, and the full mission builder, could make for some very interesting missions for tankers.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500 gig HHD
LG 37" LCD
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip

#3520867 - 02/17/12 02:23 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
Keithb77 Offline

Loc: UK
I have got to have that MG!
Hopefully drivable with my G25.... :^)
Cheers
Keith

#3520875 - 02/17/12 02:29 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Chivas]
BKHZ_Furbs Offline

Originally Posted By: Chivas

"I haven't read all of the thread, but this could be very good for all of us. Someone should post this video in the tank sim forums, if it hasn't been already. This could have many of the the tankers investing in the sim now.

I realize the angst some have of these features watering down a combat flight sim, but I doubt over the long haul this will be the case. The new series is primarily a combat flight sim made by combat flight sim enthusiasts, these features will only draw in money from other genres, that will help finance the sim over a very long haul. The added monies will allow for new features primarily aircombat in nature, and even ships that are sorely needed. The longer this sim stays in development the closer we are to the SDK."

Like someone said in the IC forums and here, the ground portion of the sim will be mostly arcade while the aircombat primarily simulation. It will make for a much more immersive world viewed from the seat of an aircraft.

Whats the point? How will they be of any use at all? how will say 10(5 on each side) people on a server covering hundreds of square miles be of any fecking use to anyone? when im up at 10 000 ft? Chivas please explain how they will used?

#3520888 - 02/17/12 02:43 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]
ATAG_Bliss Offline

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs

Whats the point? How will they be of any use at all? how will say 10(5 on each side) people on a server covering hundreds of square miles be of any fecking use to anyone? when im up at 10 000 ft? Chivas please explain how they will used?

Using the AAA gun will be just one option. I could see them being used quite a bit on an objective based server. We have some pretty nasty flak around objectives. I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with humans controlling them. As far as the other vehicles the possibilities are endless. You could take over an airfield, deliver supplies, have obviously another tank/armor battle with the other team. Heck, you can resupply airfields with munitions/ammo/fuel etc., in the old IL2 right now. Just imagine doing it in an all human convoy of tanks, trucks, trailers, motorcycles (lol), because if you don't make it, that airfield runs out of fuel for the planes, bombs for the bombers, or repair parts.

I think this is the most phenomenal, most immersive news for any flight sim I've ever seen. This is going to be the very foundation for the greatest combat sim of all time.

#3520890 - 02/17/12 02:46 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]
Chivas Offline

Originally Posted By: BKHZ_Furbs
Originally Posted By: Chivas

Personally I won't be flying at 10,000ft much. I will be winning the war ground pounding, while your hiding above the clouds, padding some insignificat air stat. wink Although there nothing like shooting down a Spit for something to do on the way home from a successfull ground attack mission.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
500 gig HHD
LG 37" LCD
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Track IR 5 ProClip

#3520907 - 02/17/12 03:03 PM Re: Friday 17 update from Blacksix. [Re: Bokononist]
FearlessFrog Offline

Until I can ride a horse, I won't consider it a fully-fledged WWII flight simulator.

Nice to see a Friday update, and keen to see a patch as per usual.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Class Act, Canada
by Timothy
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Goodbye Kiowa
by DetCord
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Any Longmire fans?
by Raw Kryptonite
Yesterday at 01:57 PM
A case for English labels in games/sims...
by Dart
Yesterday at 01:33 PM
If Pac Man for the Atari 2600 Was Released Today
by MarkG
Yesterday at 09:56 AM
SR-71 cockpit tour...
by Magnum
Yesterday at 09:15 AM
Ever Been To The End of Internet - The Last Page Where There Is No Beyond ?
by Haggart
11/19/14 11:50 PM
A blast from the past!
by Li'lJugs
11/19/14 06:55 PM
LIght Plane Hits Bungalow.
by RedToo
11/19/14 01:54 PM
What's the best game mod you ever used
by marko1231123
11/19/14 01:19 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.