Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3517042 - 02/12/12 05:40 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
apexGP Offline
apexGP  Offline

Man I'm glad I saw all this, I've been under the impression we were forced to take that default fuel banghead

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#3517073 - 02/12/12 06:26 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Dear all.
I am really sorry, but I have to skip this race.
After 1 week of heavy practice, I managed to run good laps around 1.35 with default fuel amount, and I was really looking forward to this race.
This would have been my first race with you.
Real life took over, and my daughter became sick with high fever, she is sleeping in my arms as I type.
I am not sad, I know that I learned a lot during this week, and there will be numerous opportunities to prove my incompetence in racing.
Good luck, have fun tonight, and apologies again.

sigh

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
#3517084 - 02/12/12 06:44 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
Sorry to hear that, Staniol...hope your daughter gets to feeling better. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of events to join in the future.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every, single minute of it."
#3517157 - 02/12/12 08:36 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
Caana Offline
Caana  Offline

Something went wrong with the penalty. Make a pit stop to change the tires, but i forget the speed limit. Next Round i go into the lane, but i accelerate to early...*argh* next round i take the stop and go penalty, and next time - the last chance for the drive through - i make a pit stop...and so i dq..... how stupid duh

#3517180 - 02/12/12 09:11 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
apexGP Offline
apexGP  Offline

Excellent racing today fellas, well done Pumbaa you set a pretty sick pace. Darren as well. I must admit I was a little disappointed with my luck getting around traffic tonight, but those are the breaks.

Well done to everybody involved, and I hope to see you at the next F1 classic. thumbsup

#3517189 - 02/12/12 09:17 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
K_Cybulski Offline
K_Cybulski  Offline

I quit out when I felt like I was getting in the way, but I watched the rest of it. Great racing by all.

#3517202 - 02/12/12 09:43 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Ze Warthog that is faster then a Cheetah
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
What a EPIC race....

Poor luck to Team Lotus, I'm not sure what happened with Puro, but those damned stewards cost Caana a possible podium... Also poor luck to Birdski who I think had a disco?

excellent racing DB and Apex...

good to see the new guys giving it a go, this is most likely THE toughest mod....

I'll write a race report tomorrow...

Thanks for hosting Doug and SimHQ biggrin biggrin biggrin

"The motivation is high, I enjoy taking the smile off other peoples faces"

Mark Webber
#3517221 - 02/12/12 10:14 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
SteveGee Offline
SteveGee  Offline

Planet Earth
Good run, Pumbaa and Darren...half a second at the line, kind of like Monza in '67.

Hopefully, it wasn't a track error that cost Caana...seems I remember the '79 Dijon track had one until it was fixed. The way it's supposed to work is if it's a Stop and Go, then rF overides any pit changes that might be selected. Who knows what happened as sometimes rF has a mind of it's own.

I pretty much blew my own strategy with a couple of offs early....I was able to run 40 laps on a set of Mediums and was hoping that I'd be close enough at the end to run Softs to make up any ground, but my mistakes tossed that possibility out the window.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every, single minute of it."
#3517373 - 02/13/12 01:29 AM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

Great win, Pumbaa!

winner

Congrats for 2nd, Darren!

Congrats for 3rd, apex!

----------------------------------

Autosim Analyzer Results

http://simhq.net/downloads/motorsports/r...n_GP/index.html

Replays, Results, Setup

http://simhq.net/downloads/motorsports/r..._Italian_GP.zip

Race Videos

(From the Livestream Feed. Not high-quality, but MP4 at 441 kbps data rate / 25 fps)

Qualifying - 72MB

http://simhq.net/downloads/motorsports/rfactor2/SimHQ_F1_Classics_1985_Italian_GP_qual_video.zip

Race - 312MB

http://simhq.net/downloads/motorsports/rfactor2/SimHQ_F1_Classics_1985_Italian_GP_race_video.zip

----------------------------------

So good to see a decent turnout for an F1 race! Welcome to each of you that ran your first event with us, and we hope you'll join us again in the future!

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#3517497 - 02/13/12 07:47 AM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
Congratulations to Pumbaa and the podium and thanks to Doug for hosting the show. smile

It just didn't work for me yesterday, my heart and mind were not really in it. Already in qualifying I made mistakes which I haven't made in the practice laps and it didn't improve.

When within just two laps of the race I realised that it gets worse I called it a day and considered it wiser to stop the car, in order to avoid ruining everybody else's race. Physically my car would have been a wreck anyway at that point.

I feel extremely sorry for Caana - yes, it wasn't the best of days for Team Lotus. frown

#3517505 - 02/13/12 08:14 AM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Hi all,
Thanks for all the effort to organise and facilitate this.
Also would like to say sorry to everyone I hit (well, simply everyone) but I had hard times to control the car, despite all the practice I made.
I assume, since this was my first big event, I was just clearly nervous. The more I tried to concentrate, the more mistakes I made.
Anyway, I had great fun, hope I wasn't a too big obstacle, I tried to stay away from the ideal line anytime someone showed up in the mirror...

I run a couple of laps after this at Daytona, man, what a completely different thing, it was almost relaxing...:)

Thanks again, and I clearly can say, I have the hooks in me, so I'll try to join most of the SimHQ events in the future.
Congrats to everyone, especially guys on the podium, looking forward to race with you again.

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
#3517633 - 02/13/12 02:42 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: Staniol]  
LugnutUSA Offline
LugnutUSA  Offline

VA, USA
Originally Posted By: Staniol

I run a couple of laps after this at Daytona, man, what a completely different thing, it was almost relaxing...:)

This will change once you're in traffic, trust me wink

Active Sims: rFactor 1 & 2
#3517721 - 02/13/12 04:09 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

when we are all bump drafting i guarantee it will scare the living hell out of you :P and if one person spins, well just close your eyes and scream and pray you make it through the carnage LOL

First Ever Win: STCC, Donnington Park, Race 2, 19th March 2012
First Ever Podium: 2nd, Silverstone SCES 2011
First Ever Pole: Race 1, Thruxton, SSTCC, 8th April 2012
First Ever Fastest Lap: Le Mans, SCES, 3:59.028, 3rd June 2012
Wins: 3 (3 SSTCC)
Podiums: 10 (3 SCES, 7 SSTCC)
Pole Positions: 3 (1 SCES, 2 SSTCC)
Fastest Laps: 1 (1 SCES)

3rd Overall SSTCC Great Britain Series, 2012.

Team: Ozjet Racing
Number(s): 26 (SCES) 27 (STCC)
#3518060 - 02/14/12 12:22 AM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
K_Cybulski Offline
K_Cybulski  Offline

Hahaha! Yeah, I was just getting nervous with Stewart coming up and drafting me in a 2 person practice!

#3518065 - 02/14/12 12:25 AM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
Pumbaa666 Offline
Pumbaa666  Offline

South Australia
Race report....

Qualy went a lot better than expected... I pulled out a PB and was on provisional pole for a few minutes before Darren smashed my time and left me scratching my head as to how he pulled it off... Because lap after lap, I'd be up in sector 1, lose a little through sector 2 and be around a second off in sector 3, which is JUST ONE CORNER!!!!... I managed to get as much as 0.8s up and keep it in through sector 2 on my final run, but had too much wheel spin and lost it coming out of the parabolica.... The insane lap from DB stood and I was left scratching my head after still being half a second off after being up by more than that at sector 1, but comfortable in the knowledge that I was on track for a podium...

For some reason these cars just suit my usually crappy standing start technique, and I nailed it ending up first before the T1 chicane and manage to lead the opening lap, only to have a turbo lag moment coming out of the 2nd chicane.. Letting both Apex and DB through... I then decided if I was going to make my strategy work I'd need to keep close to them both no matter how much better they were through Parabolica I'd make it my aim to be faster through sector 1, which worked a fair bit of the time, but I was 3-4 seconds back at this point... DB made a mistake around lap 4 which lead to him being in 4th behind Caana and me left to hunt down Apex... Which after a few laps I was on his tail, until the luck of the draw with traffic came into play and being the 2nd car lapping a car always gives an advantage in F1, as you can see where the leader has slowed, and where the lapped car is going to keep their car positioned... I think I split Apex and the slower car inbetween the 2 Lesmos...

Now I was in the lead I was checking everything, making sure I had the right strategy, that I had put enough fuel in the car, as I had taken 32 litres out, to my surprise my mileage had been supreme, some 0.4L better then in practice... Then I checked the cars on circuit, and to my surprise DB had already powered his way back up to 3rd and was challenging Apex... At this point I thought if they could battle for a bit I'd have a chance at pulling away from them both and making a lead that would be enough for me to go into cruise mode... But that wasn't to be, as a few laps later DB was hunting me down and was almost within a second when he pitted for the first time...

This left me around 7 seconds up the road from Apex, and while I was happy to be in the lead, I didn't know what strategy DB was on so I had to push, with Apex and I trading fast laps until his one and only pitstop... I believe it was around this time that I made contact with Staniol through the first chicane, as with every other lap I was right on the limits of adhesion through there and instead of taking a wider line which would of had me clear of Staniol who was clearly giving way, I slammed into the back of him, sorry about that... I knew my strat would pay off long term so I stuck to it, watching the tyre wear as I headed past the 30 lap mark, but then I got worried, as I saw DB closing in on me, so I started thinking of no stopping, and with the tyres holding out giving me decent grip still, I thought that was the best option.... But then Lap 35 happened, one turbo lag moment coming out of the second chicane, and another moment later in the lap saw my lead of 18 seconds vanish, and I jumped into pit lane taking on softs and hoping that I could run down DB on worn tyres...

I came out 5 seconds behind Apex, and knew that if I was to have any chance at a win, I'd have to chase him down and pass him quickly, luckily DB pitted for a second time the lap after I had, making my job all about defending from a closing DB behind and attacking Apex in front... I slowly brought him back into the 1 second range, before turbo lag caught him out coming out of the 2nd chicane and both DB and I had slipped past... 5 laps to go and a raging DB on my tail less then a second behind I knew I had to put in my best laps of the race... Which I almost managed... Every lap involved me telling myself to remain clam down each of the long straights...

With a few laps to go, I got held up a little through the Lesmos (the reversal of luck I had earlier with Apex) DB made a Button style move on the outside heading into Ascari, and blasted past, only to be caught out on the exit of the chicane by a lapped car and he lifted just enough for me to throw my car around the outside of him and retake the lead... Back to telling myself to remain calm and hit the braking, acceleration and turn in points... With DB hounding me and closing in lap after lap I knew it was going to be close, he had me lined up on the final lap, when a slower car coming out of the Parabolica took the fast line, I changed my throttle input and got my acceleration just right to take the inside line and speed to the line with DB less than half a second behind...

What a epic race indeed...

Thanks again to Doug and all the participants... Without you guys these races would not be possible biggrin

"The motivation is high, I enjoy taking the smile off other peoples faces"

Mark Webber
#3518275 - 02/14/12 10:46 AM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
wow, awesome report Pumbaa. biggrin

I can't really add much to that. Given that i'd not been anywhere near the 27's before Sat i was equally surprised at my qual time. That lap was actually the cooldown after a big push trying to beat your initial marker. I wasn't even looking at the times or even concentrating that much. I just kind of drive round without thinking until i came through Ascari and thought "hmm i was pretty quick through there lol"

Apart from doing a Webber at the start things mostly went pretty well. I had a couple of excursions when pushing to try and catch Apex and Pumbaa but thankfully nothing major. I knew from practice that i was pretty heavy on tyres and had initially planned to do two stops on lap 17&34. I also knew this would be hard to make work, especially when plenty of others would only stop once.

Pumbaa gave me a plenty to think about as he pitted very late - in fact i was starting to think he was going to do the distance. That made me stay out much longer than i intended. Thankfully he eventually stopped but it really turned my strategy upsude down and was a great tactical move on his part. Towards the end it was an awesome 3 way battle between myself, Apex and Pumbaa. All on different strategies yet still ending up nose to tail in the last few laps was awesome. Sadly Apex had a small mistake leaving Pumbaa and I scrapping for the win.

I pushed with everything i had for those last few laps but Pumba's perfect strategy and super consistent pace was unbeatable. That was truly great drive Pumbaa, grats. Well done to Apex for third place. A real shame about your little off near the end or that could have been a grandstand 3 way finish.

Well done to everyone else who stuck it out. I hope Kurt and Staniol enjoyed it and will join us on a regular basis. Really well done to both you guys. I hope we didn't make your first race too painful.

You both did really great considering you couldn't have picked a more difficult challenge for your first event. Please don't worry about being slow or getting in anyone's way. It's all part of the process and you guys have as much right to be out there as any of the rest of us. You both showed great composure and willingness to participate and learn which is the most important thing.

Roses are #FF0000 , Violets are #0000FF
#3518335 - 02/14/12 01:16 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: Darren_Blythe]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
Originally Posted By: Darren_Blythe

Well done to everyone else who stuck it out. I hope Kurt and Staniol enjoyed it and will join us on a regular basis. Really well done to both you guys. I hope we didn't make your first race too painful.

You both did really great considering you couldn't have picked a more difficult challenge for your first event. Please don't worry about being slow or getting in anyone's way. It's all part of the process and you guys have as much right to be out there as any of the rest of us. You both showed great composure and willingness to participate and learn which is the most important thing.

Thanks!
I have this "Never Give Up, Never Surrender!" attitude, which can cause some headache sometimes. smile
I really enjoyed this, despite the feeling that I am blocking some of you. Now I think its part of the fun.
The main issue I faced, that I realised too late, that I weared off my tires, and I am spinning a lot because of that. I though I am tired, but I was just bad tire d. (sorry..)
I still need to learn a lot, but I already love virtual racing, looking forward to Daytona, with all fears you can imagine.
Thanks again, never had a warmer welcome in any kind of community in my life.

#3518500 - 02/14/12 05:44 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

DB i wondered what the hell happened at the start i was almost in the back of you!! did you just bog down or what?

#3518611 - 02/14/12 08:01 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: mr_hill]  
Darren_Blythe Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor
Darren_Blythe  Offline
SimHQ MotorSports Editor

Middlesex, UK
Originally Posted By: mr_hill
DB i wondered what the hell happened at the start i was almost in the back of you!! did you just bog down or what?

Yea, Sorry bout that. I stuffed up the first phase of the start. Didn't quite have enuf revs so it just bogged down when i let go of the clutch. If you get the 'sweet spot' these things go off like a rocket but get it wrong and well, you scare the crap out of the guy behind lol

Roses are #FF0000 , Violets are #0000FF
#3518627 - 02/14/12 08:27 PM Re: SimHQ F1 Classic Racing - 1985 F1 Italian Grand Prix [Re: citizen guod]  
mr_hill Offline
mr_hill  Offline

LOL i was like go go go! then like oh crap crap crap avoid avoid avoid LOL

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.