Forums » Read Only Forums » Read Only Forums » Jet Thunder (Read Only) » Announced too soon and took too long! Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3508781 - 02/01/12 12:02 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
EagleEye[GER] Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Jet Thunder
We have decided to add in a feature we hadn't intended to add: testing network code now.

So that could be an explanation why it takes so loong.... Though, comunication could be much better.

IntelC2Q9650|AsusP5QSE|4GB RAM|ZOTAC GTX570|Win7 64bit|TrackIR5|TM HOTAS Warthog (04671)/Saitek Pro Pedals

#3508972 - 02/01/12 04:24 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
SC/JG_Oesau Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Scope creep - always the bane of developers, anyway, lets hope they pick up the comms bit and we see something on our HDD sooner.

#3509671 - 02/02/12 03:31 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
HarryR Offline

Loc: UK
I'm reading waaaaay too much into this..imagining a modern era (ok...1982) RoF. Hope they pull it off and do the subject the justice it deserves.

#3510019 - 02/03/12 12:21 AM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
Icarus999 Offline

Yeah some feedback would be nice.

#3511944 - 02/05/12 12:39 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: ricnunes]
AggressorBLUE Offline

Loc: Jerz
Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
Wow you guys are a tough crowd......

Not a matter of being a tough crowd or not.
The devs promised so much that this sim would be released before christmas that they even "promissed" to eat trees in case Jet Thunder wasn't available in the market before that same date and after christmas passed and Jet Thunder wasn't released the devs instead to giving some feedback to their loyal followers (which I include myself) they gave absolutelly NO feedback at all! So and from my "lifetime experience" regarding PC flight sims I came to learn that this indicates that there's a 99.999999% probability of something being very wrong regarding this sim's development and this like Pooch already and correctly said this usually means that that one of the following two situations will almost certainly happen:
1- The sim will be canceled (like "tons" of other many promissing sims in the recent past)
2- Or, the sim will be rushed and full of bugs and with half or even less of the promissed features (like IL2:CoD for example)

Of course, since Jet Thunder is one of my favourite sim projects (on par with Combat-Helo) I honestly hope to be 100% WRONG! But recent history seems to counter or contradict my hopes...

Yup.

How it should have been handled:

[To our loyal customers and fans; while we promised you a game by EoY '11, we've taken a step back and reevaluated our resources, and decided to revise our original launch strategy and timeline.

Unfortunately,this means our JT Dev team will be going dark for much of the remaining year. Rest assured however,that this will result in an increased feature set, making JT a far more robust title. In the greater scheme of things, JT will be a better software for this delay, and all of us at Aerosoft are confident you'll appreciate our choice in the long run.]

^I could polish it up a bit once the coffee hits the brain, but that's how pretty much what I would have done.^

If you need to go dark,so be it, but let the fans know that all is well. I don't think that's asking too much. Aerosofts a publisher, is their job to advertise and promote, and they've been doing a sorry job with JT.

And frankly,I've never understood why all these devs are so secretive with their products. What, is Ubisoft gonna swoop in and steal their idea for a high-fidelity simulation of the Falklands air-war? Heck, most Americans probably don't even know where the Falkland islands are, let alone that there was a war there.
My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ With Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / EVGA GTX 660 SuperClocked / 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 G.skills Ram / A couple SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Logitech G940 frown Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR biggrin
Simpit: ETA Q2 2014
Wheel: ETA Q4 2014

#3512989 - 02/06/12 05:39 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
ricnunes Offline

Loc: Portugal
I simply couldn't agree more with you AggressorBLUE!

#3513850 - 02/07/12 06:44 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline

Loc: California
Its pretty flippin' obvious a kindergartner can handle press better than the JT team. But I still want to see them succeed rather than pour doom and gloom all over their heads. Despite the amazing amount of time it's taken for this project I really want to see it get its day, despite all the obvious warning signs, maybe the project is in limbo or something (IDK) Aerosoft is just the publisher the JT team from what I understand is still just a handful of guys and I can't remember if they had full time jobs on top of all this.

A casual west coast Black Shark/A-10C Squadron always looking for extra pilots and good times!

#3516054 - 02/10/12 06:07 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: HitchHikingFlatlander]
AggressorBLUE Offline

Loc: Jerz
Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
Its pretty flippin' obvious a kindergartner can handle press better than the JT team. But I still want to see them succeed rather than pour doom and gloom all over their heads. Despite the amazing amount of time it's taken for this project I really want to see it get its day, despite all the obvious warning signs, maybe the project is in limbo or something (IDK) Aerosoft is just the publisher the JT team from what I understand is still just a handful of guys and I can't remember if they had full time jobs on top of all this.

Again, the JT dev team isn't responsible for PR, that's the publishers (now Aerosoft) job. I don't hold the Devs at all responsible for the blackout.

Originally Posted By: ricnunes
I simply couldn't agree more with you AggressorBLUE!

Well I work in marketing, so I figure I'm at least qualified to have a professional opinion on that!

Edited by AggressorBLUE (02/10/12 06:09 PM)
My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ With Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / EVGA GTX 660 SuperClocked / 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 G.skills Ram / A couple SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Logitech G940 frown Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR biggrin
Simpit: ETA Q2 2014
Wheel: ETA Q4 2014

#3516211 - 02/10/12 10:37 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: AggressorBLUE]
Bumfluff Offline

Any chance of a new video Dante?

#3516690 - 02/11/12 06:52 PM Re: Announced too soon and took too long! [Re: Mizzy]
HitchHikingFlatlander Offline

Loc: California
^Wow someone more optimistic than I am lol!

A casual west coast Black Shark/A-10C Squadron always looking for extra pilots and good times!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ with these links

Social

Recent Topics
The Cruelest Cut of All
by Dogsbd
New memeber
by JG53_Jaguar
07:11 PM
Wolfenstein: The New Order - interested?
by letterboy1
06:58 PM
Warthog dust covers.
by Simbo 123 SQDN
05:28 PM
Interesting video: The Longbow THE LONG WOODEN STICK KIND
by HarryM
04:59 PM
Tally-Ho Latest News - updated 17/April/2014
by Sandbagger
04:09 PM
P-51D Ain't Misbehavin'
by Tom_Weiss
03:43 PM
rumors are true!
by Mastiff
03:35 PM
PE-2 IL2 Sturmovik BOS just a free flight
by Mastiff
03:02 PM
Door Kicker's v10 Alpha/Beta...
by Magnum
02:47 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2013, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.