Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3506230 - 01/29/12 11:12 AM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
theOden Offline
theOden  Offline

Thank you cheesehawk.
Yet again, just like on the bananaforums, it is the "defenders" that turn things hostile - why?

We all want a well running sim, some dare to point out defects (nowadays you need some kind of kamikaze mentality to do that) and at times some add a little twist to the complaints - usually as frustration grows - thats all.

We're all combat sim nerds and we're all heading the same direction.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3506287 - 01/29/12 01:24 PM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

Chaps, were just guessing at the release date of BOM, Chill bananadance

#3506470 - 01/29/12 06:33 PM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA
Sorry guys, I realize that replying is probably not the best way to keep things civil and mature here, but I've lost the ability to think all problems are fixed by simply closing my eyes and screaming over and over again that all is ok.

~S!

#3506553 - 01/29/12 08:21 PM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
cheesehawk Offline
cheesehawk  Offline

CA, USA
I think most of us have taken this as a serious post Bisher. At least my guess and statement were serious, as it seems everyone else's guesses were too.

#3506571 - 01/29/12 08:49 PM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
BKHZ_Furbs Offline
BKHZ_Furbs  Offline

LOL bish! i think Blacksix is doing a grand job and i always thank him for the info.

Edit...il delete mine too bish

Last edited by BKHZ_Furbs; 01/29/12 09:37 PM.
#3506578 - 01/29/12 09:01 PM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
Sorry, I've missunderstood, mental image gone, and next time put a shirt on Furbs!! smile

Edit: I've deleted my older posts, and I'll do same with the last two soon

#3506632 - 01/29/12 10:11 PM Re: BOMB release date speculation thread [Re: theOden]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Theodor
Thank you cheese hawk.
Yet again, just like on the banana forums, it is the "defenders" that turn things hostile - why?

We all want a well running Sim, some dare to point out defects (nowadays you need some kind of kamikaze mentality to do that) and at times some add a little twist to the complaints - usually as frustration grows - thats all.

We're all combat Sim nerds and we're all heading the same direction.

The defenders turn things hostile, reacting to an already hostile post. It will definitely become more hostile, which the original poster started. None of the defenders say the Sim is perfect, far from it, and no defender has any problem with people posting constructive criticism, Its the miss information, supposed promises, non constructive criticism, and calling the developers liars, that the defenders, reply to. I'm a huge fan of the developer who has provided ten plus years of combat flight Sims, while I have no respect for those that have no clue on the complexity of the development, and constantly complain Adan's, about promises that were never promised. EVERYONE understands the problems with Sim, and I wish the constant complainers would just go away, as most of them have stated they don't believe the Sim will ever improve anyway. If it does improve to their satisfaction then come back, as it is now they are the last people the genre needs. And no the constant complainers aren't protecting the community from the clutches of a corrupt developer, and helping us see the light. We are under no illusions that the Sim will be perfect or even be finished for that matter.

Last edited by Chivas; 01/29/12 10:13 PM.

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3506672 - 01/29/12 10:49 PM Re: BOM release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
JAMF Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan
JAMF  Offline
Frugalite & P-38 fan

The Netherlands
It's good this thread is about the release date, as it's conceivable. If on the other had it was the "BOM finished date speculation thread" though... WinkNGrin

#3506677 - 01/29/12 10:54 PM Re: BOMB release date speculation thread [Re: Chivas]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: Chivas

The defenders turn things hostile, reacting to an already hostile post. It will definitely become more hostile, which the original poster started. None of the defenders say the Sim is perfect, far from it, and no defender has any problem with people posting constructive criticism, Its the miss information, supposed promises, non constructive criticism, and calling the developers liars, that the defenders, reply to. I'm a huge fan of the developer who has provided ten plus years of combat flight Sims, while I have no respect for those that have no clue on the complexity of the development, and constantly complain Adan's, about promises that were never promised. EVERYONE understands the problems with Sim, and I wish the constant complainers would just go away, as most of them have stated they don't believe the Sim will ever improve anyway. If it does improve to their satisfaction then come back, as it is now they are the last people the genre needs. And no the constant complainers aren't protecting the community from the clutches of a corrupt developer, and helping us see the light. We are under no illusions that the Sim will be perfect or even be finished for that matter.

Jaydee's post just shows how defenders like to take things up a notch. He responds in a "guess when it comes out" thread with venom filled rage when it was pretty peaceful and tongue and cheek until then. Classic defender syndrome...but their supposedly the "Good guys"? Gimme a break.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#3506695 - 01/29/12 11:20 PM Re: BOMB release date speculation thread [Re: Force10]  
Chivas Offline
Chivas  Offline

B.C. Canada
Originally Posted By: Force10
Originally Posted By: Chivas

Jaydee's post just shows how defenders like to take things up a notch. He responds in a "guess when it comes out" thread with venom filled rage when it was pretty peaceful and tongue and cheek until then. Classic defender syndrome...but their supposedly the "Good guys"? Gimme a break.

I agree with many of Jaydee's general sentiments, but agree with you that this thread isn't full of "Negative,Sarcastic,Defeatist" posts other than maybe your sarcastic maybe tongue in cheek post. Quote " Well...let's see here. According to Luthier it takes a year to make one plane. The sequel will most likely have 4 flyables and about 6 more AI only planes soooo...let me get my abekas..ummm...January 25th 2022. There ya go."

wink

Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
#3506982 - 01/30/12 12:56 PM Re: BOMB release date speculation thread [Re: BKHZ_Furbs]  
Frankyboy Offline
Frankyboy  Offline

at least hey not have much work with the Luftwaffe planes for that scenario biggrin

JG53*Frankyboy
Flugzeugführer 8./JG53 "Pik As"
HQ_III./JG53
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.