Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3498171 - 01/19/12 03:08 PM tactical articles for SimHQ...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
We were having a discussion, as we always do, about the web site and articles for SimHQ, in the admin forum... when it came clear to me, IMO, where SimHQ shines is it's technical and tactical articles... sure anyone can do a preview or a review... but technical articles and tutorial/tactical articles are rare...

I remember the early Lock On and IL2 articles that were some of the best ever, and very helpful, along with the newer Blackshark how to articles by EinstienEP, and the excellent tech and AAR articles by Beach... and to mention my first article here at SimHQ, basic squad/team combat and police techniques article.

So... looking at those articles and SimHQ... thats the stuff that sets SimHQ apart from the mainstream gaming web sites... my Q. then... what kind of tactical/tutorial articles would you like to see from the land and armor combat section? What games would you like to be used, or recommend for those articles? Now I am pretty knowledgeable in infantry combat, but not so much in armor... I wanted to do a series of tutorials or tactical articles for SB Pro PE... but my knowledge is too weak in that area....

any suggestion, comments, or feedback on articles you would like to see from the land and armor section? (and if anyone recommends a review of SKYRIM, your banned, lol.) jk

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3500676 - 01/22/12 01:40 AM Re: tactical articles for SimHQ... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
OK... guess i won't waste my time with these ideas. haha wink

#3500832 - 01/22/12 10:56 AM Re: tactical articles for SimHQ... [Re: Magnum]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Well, I suppose that this could be done for some of the vehicles in SB Pro which aren't yet well covered by tutorials. But I don't want to appear here as aggressively pushing Steel Beasts related articles, given that I have a vested interest.

But maybe this isn't so much a matter of switchology tutorials. Writing about armor tactics would have a more universal appeal. It could be done using Steel Beasts Pro, but the lessons could still be transferred to other simulations.

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
#3500893 - 01/22/12 02:29 PM Re: tactical articles for SimHQ... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Ya Nils... I've always wanted to do more with SB Pro PE here at SimHQ... really i did, it deserves better... but I would just embarrass myself with anything I put out compared to what most of the SB players already know. I've asked for help or volunteers from staff and some mebers... no luck... but I was thinking about a basic guide for those like me who don't know armor and just now getting into it... also wanted to do some AAR of co-op missions... but that kinda failed too when no one showed. wink I will work hard to see what I can do for SB Pro PE here at SimHQ this year.

But as you can tell from the responses from this thread... people want, the don't want to give. wink

#3502426 - 01/24/12 02:30 PM Re: tactical articles for SimHQ... [Re: Magnum]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Well you've got 2 kinds of articles...the intro to's, and the in-depth ones. While you might feel like there's little you could say in an in-depth one that the players wouldn't already know, you could do more intro-to's for new or prospective players considering getting it.
Granted it's been out awhile now, it's not a new release or anything, but unlike other genres people will pick up sims years after release and start getting into them, so it could be a "new release" to them.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#3503285 - 01/25/12 05:38 PM Re: tactical articles for SimHQ... [Re: Magnum]  
Tigerwulf Offline
Tigerwulf  Offline

Wolverhampton, England
Maybe some articles on 'classic' tactics/scenarios/events in the most relevant sim. Examining what what right and what went wrong and how the tactical gamer can apply them to situations they may find themselves in.

#3503314 - 01/25/12 06:08 PM Re: tactical articles for SimHQ... [Re: Magnum]  
fatty Offline
fatty  Offline

Brussels, Belgium
I've always been fond of the 'read it, do it' type of articles. Would be great to see a few more of those.

"...for who are so free as the sons of the waves?"

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.