Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#3482994 - 12/28/11 10:40 PM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Evil Flower]  
WynnTTr Offline
WynnTTr  Offline

Originally Posted By: Evil Flower
So is all you can do to grab isolated sentences out of context and attack them? That's called strawmanning.

Magic The Gathering: Online is an MMO, but do you honestly think it features 100's on 100's battles being a turn based card game? Don't think so. It's still an MMO. In fact, since you're all trying to class WoP as not being an MMO over number of players in simultaneous combat, go find ANY MMO outside of Aces High/Warbirds that has thousands of players engaged in simultaneous combat. They may have thousands of players all walking around following their own quests, but rarely do you interact with more than a few dozen at best at any one time. And some of them even stream you into smaller maps for indoors environments etc so you de facto do not exist on the same map as the players outside.

That's true. SO is there a central hub/hyperlobby type thing where you can sit and chat with hundreds of others then move onto your instanced battle? Or is it just you and 31 other players that you can see/chat with?
If you can meet and chat with hundreds others I'd agree, yes, that's got some mmo elements. You could then treat each 32 player battle like a zone/instance in a mmorpg.

But if you only ever see and can only interact with 31 other players, please, that's definitely not mmo, that's just multiplayer. BF3 PC would be massive-massive multiplayer online with its 64 players.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3483092 - 12/29/11 12:27 AM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: WynnTTr]  
Evil Flower Offline
Evil Flower  Offline

Eslöv, Sverige
Originally Posted By: WynnTTr

That's true. SO is there a central hub/hyperlobby type thing where you can sit and chat with hundreds of others then move onto your instanced battle? Or is it just you and 31 other players that you can see/chat with?
If you can meet and chat with hundreds others I'd agree, yes, that's got some mmo elements. You could then treat each 32 player battle like a zone/instance in a mmorpg.

That's the impression I got from what the devs themselves have said and I always took the 32p comment as regarding the battlezone the way it works in other military-themed MMO's.

Quote:
But if you only ever see and can only interact with 31 other players, please, that's definitely not mmo, that's just multiplayer. BF3 PC would be massive-massive multiplayer online with its 64 players.

Of course not. That's not what I've been arguing, either. Like I said, I always read WoP as being very Navy Field/World of Tanks-inspired.

#3484352 - 12/30/11 07:12 PM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Evil Flower]  
FozzyBear Offline
FozzyBear  Offline

Originally Posted By: Evil Flower
go find ANY MMO outside of Aces High/Warbirds that has thousands of players engaged in simultaneous combat.

Eve Online and Planetside and WWIIONLINE.

Originally Posted By: GloDark7
...and trolling here when time allows. At least you're consistent stirthepot

Last edited by FozzyBear; 12/30/11 07:21 PM.
#3502399 - 01/24/12 01:48 PM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Zakzak]  
Zakzak Offline
Zakzak  Offline

Moscow, Russia
World of Planes Expands Its Borders

This project is expanding its horizons, along with its name. The action MMO is now called War Thunder: World of Planes. This name change is significant because the online multiplayer universe Gaijin is developing has evolved beyond pure aerial combat. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought with aviation alone—World of Planes is only the beginning.

Today Gaijin has relaunched the official game website at WorldofPlanesGame.com. It is now a convenient and informative web portal that will also be tightly integrated with up-to-date game stats in the near future. The game’s official website features the first edition of aircrafts and locations available in World of Planes, which will be consistently updated with new content as the game progresses.

To be the first to reach the frontlines of the War Thunder: World of Planes MMO action, you can apply for the beta test that will start in Q1 2012. To do so, simply fill out the application form on the relaunched website at WorldofPlanesGame.com. There, you can also explore new game content, watch all of the official trailers and new fan videos, learn about combat aircraft from the World of Planes encyclopedia, and of course communicate with fans of the project on the Gaijin forums and social networks.
worldofplanesgame.com

Lead Community manager | 1C Game Studios
#3502911 - 01/25/12 02:36 AM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Zakzak]  
kestrel79 Offline
kestrel79  Offline

Wisconsin, USA
I'm glad they changed the name. Sounds less like World of Warplanes now and more like its own thing. This sounds like it has potential to be pretty cool.

I'm visioning people controlling battleships, carriers, tanks, planes, ect.

Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
#3503078 - 01/25/12 10:34 AM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Zakzak]  
EagleEye[GER] Offline
EagleEye[GER]  Offline

Germany
Originally Posted By: Zakzak
World of Planes Expands Its Borders
This project is expanding its horizons, along with its name. The action MMO is now called War Thunder: World of Planes. This name change is significant because the online multiplayer universe Gaijin is developing has evolved beyond pure aerial combat. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought with aviation alone—World of Planes is only the beginning.

Good news, though hopefully it will be not to much arcady like the Battlefield series. You know it`s the simulation gamer dream to have the same simulation depth on the ground like in the air and both fighting each other. To good to be true?

#3503087 - 01/25/12 11:04 AM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Zakzak]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
Hi, I've been simming for almost two decades and I'm stumped as to what PvP, PvE and MMO mean!! Why not use terms the existing sim community understand? Thanks.....

Last edited by Fishingnut; 01/25/12 11:04 AM.
#3503732 - 01/26/12 04:33 AM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Fishingnut]  
FozzyBear Offline
FozzyBear  Offline

Originally Posted By: Fishingnut
Hi, I've been simming for almost two decades and I'm stumped as to what PvP, PvE and MMO mean!! Why not use terms the existing sim community understand? Thanks.....

http://lmgtfy.com The answer to all your questions.

#3533961 - 03/07/12 07:15 AM Re: World of Planes - Officially on SimHQ [Re: Zakzak]  
Zakzak Offline
Zakzak  Offline

Moscow, Russia
A new fan-video has been allowed to go public. This is third work of Vertun, official forum moderator and creator of 2 more in-game footage based films about World of Planes.
And as I see the video has already appeared on the boards here:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3533638/War_Thunder_World_of_Planes_Th.html#Post3533638

Lead Community manager | 1C Game Studios
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.