Only a small update. Everything is coming together. In the last month I have finalized the design and made many modifications. I found and ordered standard parts required for the build, including sensors, dampers, springs, bearings ect...
I am also finished now with all the drawings, and got the workshop who will make the parts.
The main change on the pedal design was that I skip the gas spring as main tensioning element. It has too flat spring characteristic + they are not designed for a high frequency usage. Therefore I put a standard extension spring in, and an additional hidraulic damper cylinder.
I also decided to use a simple steel plate base. It is cheap and it will be very easy to mount into the floor of a cockpit stucture. Later I can attach any mounting fitting to it if necessary. So it is very flexible.
The machining and cutting of the parts will start in June. Hopefully I can assemble everything in July:)
Some pictures. Hopefully the very last rendered ones:) pedal1 pedal2
The pedal castings require some polishing and filing. So I started it as well. On the left is the orginal, on the right is the "almost" finished:)DSC_0182